“Volleyball tournament”

Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Wellington, United States
“Volleyball tournament”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was a great hotel to stay as far as convenience was concerned. It was extremely close to the Convention Center, where our tournament was held. Anywhere we had to go was only a short drive away. The rooms were clean, and the breakfast was delicious and also very quick. The staff was attentive to our needs, and they were some of the friendliest employees that we have encountered over the last few months of traveling and staying on the road. I would definitely recommend this hotel! :-)

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Kathy,
We loved hosting your entire group for the Volleyball tournament! You are right we are located very convenient to the Prime Osborne Convention Center where the tournament took place! We pride ourselves on service at the hotel and we appreciate you sharing your experiences with us! Looking forward to having you stay with us again upon your next trip to Jacksonville.
Warm regards,
904-396-7770

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Glen Carbon, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My stay was very enjoyable. All my needs were met. The receptionist helped me find places to eat, directions, clarification on my Hilton points, and helped to get me a 5am cab for my return the airport. This was all done with a smile and a positive attitude. I was very satisfied and impressed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Robert,
I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable experience at our property! We strive to make sure all guests are taken care of like they are our own family! Even if it is early in the morning! We pride ourselves on service with a smile and we appreciate you sharing this experience! Looking forward to seeing you real soon!
warm regards,
Robyn
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown
(904)-396-7770
farmington, ct, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Always clean, always friendly staff. This is my hotel of choice when travelling to Jacksonville. Blah, blah, blah, 200 characters. Blah, blah, blah, 200 characters. Blah, blah, blah, 200 characters. Blah, blah, blah, 200 characters.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
William,

Thank you for your short and sweet review! We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience! We look forward to seeing you very soon!

warm regards,

(904)-396-7770
San Angelo, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

From the moment we walked into the lobby, the hotel staff made everything so easy. Check in and out was a breeze. Everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to take care of us. When we had questions and asked for directions, they were able to answer and provide what we needed. There was a wide variety of food for breakfast. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows to die for. The room was clean and housekeeping was very considerate and it seemed they cleaned at our convenience. There was no bad experience at all. I would stay here again.

Donna,

We are so thrilled to hear that you had a Great Experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience! If we can ever be of future service, please do not hesitate to give our friendly staff a call.

Warm regards,

Atlanta
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have stayed here many times. Staff are all very nice and helpful. Rooms are great. Free parking is a plus. Only complaint is the fitness area. The elliptical and treadmill are old and worn out. They really need to upgrade!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello Elaine,

We are so pleased to hear that when your travel needs bring you to our beautiful city, you like to call our location your home away from home! We also appreciate the comments about our friendly staff being nice and helpful. We will definitely make note of your comments regarding the elliptical and treadmill machines. It is feedback such as yours that lets us know what concerns our guests have. And regarding the FREE parking… it is a plus! Especially when combined with FREE full hot breakfast and FREE high speed wireless internet! If we can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to give us a call!

With Gratitude,

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The first room we were in had no pillow cases (couldn't help but notice the blood-stained pillow) or towels and looked like they just didn't finish cleaning it so they moved us. We stayed the night in the second room but it had a very strong bleach odor when we returned from the Mayo Clinic, the staff seemed "put out" but we were moved again. The third room was fine but there was no parking when we returned from dinner; three cars were double-parked, three buses were taking multiple spaces each and the staff refused to address it. I thought parking came with the cost of the room but we were told to park across the street at a bank but not to block their driveway. Will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.q
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry M
Hi Jerry,

We think your title says it all; you experienced a bad stay with us and we want to make it right! Please contact me or any member of our management team so we can speak with you in greater detail about your recent experience! We promise you that this is not a typical experience and we are so very sorry that that service you have come to expect from Hampton was not provided! Our staff hopes that all went well at the Mayo Clinic, you made it home safely, and that we can be of service in the future.

Respectfully,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed here for a week on business. The room was fresh and clean every day. The staff was very friendly. I was greeted by the front desk every time I walked by. Every housekeeper and facilities person was nothing but smiles and hellos. My co-worker and I one time sneaked a peek at the front desk looking for those fresh baked cookies, but they were out. The manager ran down the hall with Cliff bars for us instead!

The free breakfast is great, they have everything you need. Ivy, the hostess, makes you feel like you are a guest staying in her house. She always made sure I had a newspaper to read, even though I never asked for one. She also made sure I ate enough, and if she didn't think I had, she would go get me more. She even packed a snack for me for later! Incredibly sweet. I will most definitely be staying here when I am in the area again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear RFP18,

We are so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. We try to make sure that all of our guests feel at home while they are here. We all know that all of our guests have a choice when traveling and when your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville, we like to do all we can to ensure that you come back to see us. We will share your feedback with the team so they know how your visit went! Thanks again for telling others about your stay.

Yours in Hospitality,