“Great two-night stay while attending nearby conference”

Ranked #23 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I'm a "Hilton" person so I try and stay at their hotels. Hampton is usually a cost-affordable alternative in the Hilton's hotel stable. I found this one to be very nice and has a great location. What I particularly liked about this Hampton and the reason for my rare review is the demeanor of the hotel staff who I found to be particularly helpful, cheerful and personable. From the managers to the breakfast staff to the person who promptly arrived to fix my BIG screen tv following a storm knocking off its channels, everyone was kind. The room was clean and quiet. You can easily travel across the bridge into downtown or remain the vicinity (which I did as the conference was a couple of blocks away at the Crowne Plaza) and find everything you need. Plus getting back on/off the highway was very easy and close. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Just ask. I'm sure they will accommodate your request.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Fred B, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Loyal Hampton Inn Traveler,

Thank you for your kind words about the demeanor of our staff. We are so glad that you had a pleasurable experience here at the hotel while you were attending a conference at another! We also like to think of our location as one of the best in the downtown area! I have shared your feedback with the team here at the hotel and all of us were so happy that we could take care of you! Our entire staff knows that when guests travel they have a choice when selecting a hotel and we strive to make sure all of our guests feel not only at ease, but at home. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Front Office Manager, Hotel Sales Coordinator

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The lady who checked me in upon my arrival was super nice and very helpful. She was able to check me in early and upgraded me to a king size bed as outlined in my profile. I wish I could remember her name so I could thank her specifically. This Hampton by far had the best breakfast I’ve ever had at a Hampton, the breakfast attendant did a fantastic job, even brought me a newspaper to my table. All of the staff I encountered while walking through the hotel were very friendly and greeted me every time we passed. The hotel is a bit old and the rooms could use some updating and cleaning but the staff is what sold me on this business trip. I will be back again in a few months and I will be staying here again, I hope I have the same pleasurable experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Hello Brad,

We hope that you made it home safely from your recent trip to Jacksonville. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about our staff here at the hotel. I have done a bit of research for you and Rochelle was the Guest Services Agent who checked you into your room when you arrived. We will ensure that she is aware of your kind words! We will also thank the breakfast attendants for taking great care of you. Ivy & Tammy both do a great job making sure that our guests feel at home. We look forward to welcoming you back in a few months. Regarding the updating of the hotel, we have some plans in the works! If you have any questions or concerns, or need to book a future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me or the team.

Front Office Manager, Hotel Sales Coordinator

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for my 50th birthday weekend and from the manager, front desk, housekeeping and breakfast staff we were treated like royalty. The friendliest staff we have ever encountered at a hotel. We would highly suggest staying at this hotel...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thank you for allowing us to be your host during your 50th birthday celebration and thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about your recent experience. We are glad that our staff made you feel welcome and appreciated while you were here! That's what we try to do for all of our guests, birthday or not! If we can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great hotel. Rooms are very clean and well kept. House keeping does a great attention to detail job daily. Very friendly staff. Close to local bars and restaurants. The fitness center is nice. The treadmill could be of better quality but it served its purpose.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hello James,

Thanks for your feedback! We are glad to hear we were a "Great Hotel" for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in Jacksonville.

Your Friends at the Hampton Inn

Reviewed January 19, 2014

From the time of arrival till we checked out everything was as good as anyone would expect. The room was clean and properly prepared. The front desk was especially helpful a couple of times. Even gave me a free toothbrush when I asked for directions to a local drug store.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fred B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Hi Ronnie,

Flawless is our middle name! We can't thank you enough for taking the time to tell others about the experiences you encountered during your time with us. We know that it is the small things that matter, not just a clean room or a friendly smile. While we have all of those things, we try to go out of our way to make our guests feel at ease and at home. Thank you again for choosing our location Ronnie! We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future!

Your Friends,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our stay couldn't have been any better as far as the Hotel is concerned. The place was very clean, it was very quiet, the maids were very friendly and super efficient. The front desk staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and made checking in and out a breeze. Everyone always acknowledged you when you walked by. The breakfast was a great touch and the lady keeping up with the breakfast room was very nice.
Our room was very clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping on. We travel a lot so we know a little about this.
Over all we had an awesome time and stay and will definitely stay here again on our next trip through Jacksonville. We will also recommend this hotel to everyone.
Thank you again for the great stay!
Butch Correll
Lafitte LIX
Krewe of Lafitte
Pensacola, Florida
C# 850-572-1071

Room Tip: Room 521 has a great view! We loved it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Hi Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about the experience that you and the Krewe had while here at the hotel. We truly loved having you and your family staying here at the hotel with ours. We have said it before, we know that every traveler has a choice and we thank you and the Krewe for allowing us to be of service.

We look forward to working with you and the Krewe in the future. You know we are always a phone call away!

-Fred

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel itself was what one would expect, free parking, nice exterior, spacious lobby. Then you meet the staff, Rochelle greeted me near the door walked me to the counter and checked me in. She was constant smiles and extremely helpful and informative. Wife and I went up to the room, we were greeted by numerous staff members along the way. The room was very clean, had two small issues the were quickly corrected by a quick call to Rochelle and the cleaning staff on the floor. Room was on the back near the monorail, never heard anything. Had a nice hot breakfast prepared fresh by Miss Ivy who went out of her way to cater to my wife and I. Every time we moved the staff were friendly and helpful. Will gladly go there next trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Hello Rodney,

Outstanding hospitality is what we try to provide to every guest during every visit. We take pride in our associates and all of them know that as a traveler, you have a choice when selecting a hotel to call your "home away from home." We will ensure that Rochelle and Ivy are aware of your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip Jacksonville!!!

The Entire Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95 Team