“Krewe of Lafitte Stay for the Gator Bowl Parade on 112/31/2013”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Pensacola, Florida
“Krewe of Lafitte Stay for the Gator Bowl Parade on 112/31/2013”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our stay couldn't have been any better as far as the Hotel is concerned. The place was very clean, it was very quiet, the maids were very friendly and super efficient. The front desk staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and made checking in and out a breeze. Everyone always acknowledged you when you walked by. The breakfast was a great touch and the lady keeping up with the breakfast room was very nice.
Our room was very clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping on. We travel a lot so we know a little about this.
Over all we had an awesome time and stay and will definitely stay here again on our next trip through Jacksonville. We will also recommend this hotel to everyone.
Thank you again for the great stay!
Butch Correll
Lafitte LIX
Krewe of Lafitte
Pensacola, Florida
C# 850-572-1071

Room Tip: Room 521 has a great view! We loved it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about the experience that you and the Krewe had while here at the hotel. We truly loved having you and your family staying here at the hotel with ours. We have said it before, we know that every traveler has a choice and we thank you and the Krewe for allowing us to be of service.

We look forward to working with you and the Krewe in the future. You know we are always a phone call away!

-Fred

fred.bollard@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
High Springs, Florida
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel itself was what one would expect, free parking, nice exterior, spacious lobby. Then you meet the staff, Rochelle greeted me near the door walked me to the counter and checked me in. She was constant smiles and extremely helpful and informative. Wife and I went up to the room, we were greeted by numerous staff members along the way. The room was very clean, had two small issues the were quickly corrected by a quick call to Rochelle and the cleaning staff on the floor. Room was on the back near the monorail, never heard anything. Had a nice hot breakfast prepared fresh by Miss Ivy who went out of her way to cater to my wife and I. Every time we moved the staff were friendly and helpful. Will gladly go there next trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello Rodney,

Outstanding hospitality is what we try to provide to every guest during every visit. We take pride in our associates and all of them know that as a traveler, you have a choice when selecting a hotel to call your "home away from home." We will ensure that Rochelle and Ivy are aware of your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip Jacksonville!!!

At Your Service,

The Entire Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95 Team
Southeast Florida
Reviewed January 13, 2014

For a downtown hotel, this is an outstanding value. The staff was, without exception, well trained, hard working and very courteous. Parking is free, as are the wifi, the excellent coffee in the lobby (available round the clock!), and a very nice breakfast. There is no room service, but restaurants abound a short drive away in the San Marco neighborhood, and there's a fine restaurant and a good convenience store right across the street. On arrival, our room was ready; as an Hhonors member, I asked for an upgrade and got it, to a room with a whirlpool. The room was comfortable, quiet, and very clean. It didn't have the dank smell we've experienced sometimes in rooms with whirlpools. Parking was never any problem. The location is convenient to everything -- by car, that is, which is a fact of life in Jacksonville as a whole.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that we were able to upgrade your room for you. As a Hilton Honors member, we make sure that you are taken care of. We are also glad that you were able to explore the Historic San Marco area (talk about some good food!!!!!) that is so close to us! And the restaurant just across the street, The Wine Cellar, is an excellent choice for any occasion! Regarding the FREE parking, FREE FULL HOT BREAKFAST, and FREE Wi-Fi, that's the way it should be! We know that you have a choice when traveling and from the moment you walk through our doors to the moment you leave, we want you to have no doubt that you made the right choice! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. If we can ever be of service, we are only a phone call away!

Front Office Manager, Hotel Sales Coordinator
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Wellsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Very friendly, personable, attentive staff......informative about local attractions, restaurants, and traffic concerns. Rooms and common areas were clean and well maintained. Convenient to downtown. Will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
HI Denise,

We are so glad to hear your feedback! We have said it in previous review responses that we know all travelers have a choice when selecting a hotel to call home when they travel! We are also so happy that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back when your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville! If we can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to let us know! Thank you for staying with us Denise... and thank you for telling others your thoughts about our hotel!

Yours In Hospitality,

Hanahan, South Carolina
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Made reservation for a King with whirlpool tub. I called and told them I would be in around 7pm. When I showed up at 7:15pm they stated that they didn't have any. I stated I have a reservation when they told me the room hasn't been clean. I started to get upset and she stated come back in 30 minutes and she would clean the room herself. We came back around an hour later and she was just finished cleaning the room. Other than that the room met my expectations and was very clean and the staff very friendly. Would have given it 5 stars if the room was ready, especially since it was 4 hours past check in and should have been cleaned by then. I would stay here again as they made it up to me....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wvanative
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience that you had at our hotel recently. We are so sorry that you had to wait so long for your room. We take feedback such as yours very seriously and we will review your feedback with our staff. Once again we are very sorry that you had to wait for your room but we would like to thank you for commenting on how clean and friendly the accommodations and staff were during your visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me on your next trip to Jacksonville so my team and I can ensure nothing less than a perfect stay.

Front Office Manager
Cantonment, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This hotel provided excellent service to our group of about 30 people while we were in town to participate in the Gator Bowl Parade. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful & friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Susan (and the Krewe),

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We loved having your group here with us while participating in the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Parade! We can only hope that we have the privilege to welcome you back next year!!! You know if we can ever be of service, we are only a phone call away!

Oviedo, FL, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I use this hotel whenever I go to Jacksonville. It is very nice and the free breakfast is great. The only negative comment that I have is that the rooms are not well insulated against noise. You can hear other guests talking in the hallway. This can be a real problem when there are children on your floor. Sometimes they like to run around the hallways.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi David,

We hope that your trip home went smoothly with no delays. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent experience here at the hotel. We are so sorry that you were disturbed by other guests. Rest assured that the comfort of all of our guests is one of our top priorities! During your next visit, if you are disturbed at any time, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk at any time (24 hours a day) to speak with one of our Guest Services Associates so we can address the issue. Thank you again for staying with us David; we know that you had a choice!

Please let me know if I Can be of further assistance.

At Your Service,