“Very Nice Hotel-close to downtown”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The reason why I did not give this Hampton Inn 5 out of 5 is due to the fact that it is close to the train tracks, which woke me up around 1 in the morning. I know that is no fault of the hotel, but it did disturb my sleep. The beds were comfortable and I was presently surprised by the fact that the pillows were actually good pillows. I tend to be a pillow snob when I sleep, so it was nice. The rooms were spacious and the everything was clean. The staff was nice as well. The only hiccup I had, other than the train waking me up, was that I was originally booked in a smoking room and had to argue with the desk to switch me to non-smoking.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Sbkfl,

We are so sorry that the train in the area disturbed your sleep while you were a guest of ours. We know the importance of a good night’s sleep and that is why we ensure that our beds and pillows are comfortable. We are also glad that the condition of our rooms was to your liking. Regarding the smoking situation, we truly apologize for the trouble. The next time your travel needs bring you back to the Jacksonville area, please do not hesitate to contact me so I can ensure that your next stay is flawless.

Fred Bollard

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I wish we had stayed here to begin with - we started our two night trip at a different hotel which we left after the first night. It was the right choice - the downtown Hampton was so much better! It was very clean and quiet with all the normal Hampton Inn features. The shower was hot and the water pressure was good. There weren't enough towels and pillows in the room for our family when we first checked in, but they very quickly brought us more. All the staff were super nice. the location is walking distance to downtown destinations and easy access to the highway for everything else. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jh26

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that we are highly recommended by you and that we will be your first hotel of choice when your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville. If we can ever be of assistance, remember that we are only a phone call away.

At Your Service,

Fred Bollard

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I spent a week at the hotel visiting a friend and the staff was awesome! They were polite, helpful and warm-felt like a home away from home. The rooms were well kept, they were decorating for the holidays and the breakfast selection was great, the woman who was supervising the breakfast area most days was extremely helpful and sweet.

The front desk staff helped us arrange our shuttle, offered suggestions for restaurants and always greeted us with a smile.

They even offered complimentary popcorn and cookies though I was disappointed to see that though they offered utensils some guest insisted on using their hands which I found a bit gross. So please do all the guests a favour and keep it clean!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

We think you took the words right out of our mouth… we too like to think of ourselves as a “home away from home” for all of our guests. Thank you so much for telling other travelers about your recent experience. You know that when your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville, the Hampton family will be waiting to welcome you home once again.

Yours In Hospitality,

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel definitely needs some updates but the staff were all very polite & helpful especially the ladies in the breakfast area. The rooms were a little noisy but were very comfortable. All in all it was a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi Sharon,

We are so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us during your recent visit to Jacksonville! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent experience. You know that next time your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville we will be waiting to welcome you back! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can ever be of service.

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I - 95

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was a great experience in all aspects. Ivy, Yolanda and Tammy went above and beyond in every aspect. They and the rest of the staff really made our vacation great. The breakfast was wonderful, free parking and appeared to be wonderful with families. I would stay there again, and would recommend it to all. It is convenient to the highways and the Landing. What a gem

Room Tip: It appeared that all of the rooms were great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Hello Ann,

We are so glad that had a great experience here at the hotel. We work very hard to try and make sure this is what all of our guests experience during their time with us. We will also make sure that Ivy, Yolanda, and Tammy receive your Kudos as well. They are wonderful associates and they are very good at taking care of guests at every opportunity. Next time your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville, we will be waiting to welcome you back home.

Yours In Hospitality,

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I'm a Hilton Diamond, and have stayed in hotels all over the world, many of them Hilton properties. Too many good ones to count and many of them are Hampton Inn's.

But if you have a choice, do not stay here. We won't be back. This is our second stay; the front desk staff is consistently surly, rude, ill-informed and unpleasant. The rooms are tired and nearly threadbare. The breakfast food is as expected but the traffic flow is crowded and poorly planned. There's a Hilton Garden two blocks away; we'll stay there next time.

Problems with a/c are minor compared with the attitude we have received from the staff. We've seen others get it, too, so we know it's endemic and not a one-off situation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SEbiztraveler2
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

To our Valued Guest,

I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience here at the hotel. We promise you that this is not a typical experience for our guests as we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive nothing but the best hospitality there is. I would love the opportunity to speak to you regarding your comments more in depth. Rest assured that I have also taken your feedback back to our entire team so that they too are aware of your comments. Thank you for providing your feedback. Next time your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville, I would like to ask that you contact me directly so I can make sure you receive nothing but the best.

At Your Service,

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I – 95

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a great place to stay! The staff is so kind and helpful and the breakfast is a REAL buffet! Just a great place to stay. We got lost at one point and the front desk person navigated us back with kindness and patience. Everyone was polite and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I like their "green" policy too of towel use, etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor so that others know of your recent experience. We pride ourselves on making sure that our guests feel at home during their stay with us. I am also so glad that you mentioned the breakfast buffet; it is a wonderful amenity and is provided complimentary (so is parking here at the hotel.) Regarding our front desk staff; we have a wonderful team of Guest Service Agents that like to try and please every guest by going above and beyond at every opportunity. Thank you for allowing us to be of service!!!

-Fred