“Smaller but friendly staff”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #23 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel definitely needs some updates but the staff were all very polite & helpful especially the ladies in the breakfast area. The rooms were a little noisy but were very comfortable. All in all it was a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Hi Sharon,

We are so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us during your recent visit to Jacksonville! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent experience. You know that next time your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville we will be waiting to welcome you back! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can ever be of service.

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I - 95

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was a great experience in all aspects. Ivy, Yolanda and Tammy went above and beyond in every aspect. They and the rest of the staff really made our vacation great. The breakfast was wonderful, free parking and appeared to be wonderful with families. I would stay there again, and would recommend it to all. It is convenient to the highways and the Landing. What a gem

Room Tip: It appeared that all of the rooms were great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Hello Ann,

We are so glad that had a great experience here at the hotel. We work very hard to try and make sure this is what all of our guests experience during their time with us. We will also make sure that Ivy, Yolanda, and Tammy receive your Kudos as well. They are wonderful associates and they are very good at taking care of guests at every opportunity. Next time your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville, we will be waiting to welcome you back home.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I'm a Hilton Diamond, and have stayed in hotels all over the world, many of them Hilton properties. Too many good ones to count and many of them are Hampton Inn's.

But if you have a choice, do not stay here. We won't be back. This is our second stay; the front desk staff is consistently surly, rude, ill-informed and unpleasant. The rooms are tired and nearly threadbare. The breakfast food is as expected but the traffic flow is crowded and poorly planned. There's a Hilton Garden two blocks away; we'll stay there next time.

Problems with a/c are minor compared with the attitude we have received from the staff. We've seen others get it, too, so we know it's endemic and not a one-off situation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SEbiztraveler2
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

To our Valued Guest,

I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience here at the hotel. We promise you that this is not a typical experience for our guests as we strive to ensure that all of our guests receive nothing but the best hospitality there is. I would love the opportunity to speak to you regarding your comments more in depth. Rest assured that I have also taken your feedback back to our entire team so that they too are aware of your comments. Thank you for providing your feedback. Next time your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville, I would like to ask that you contact me directly so I can make sure you receive nothing but the best.

At Your Service,

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I – 95

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a great place to stay! The staff is so kind and helpful and the breakfast is a REAL buffet! Just a great place to stay. We got lost at one point and the front desk person navigated us back with kindness and patience. Everyone was polite and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I like their "green" policy too of towel use, etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor so that others know of your recent experience. We pride ourselves on making sure that our guests feel at home during their stay with us. I am also so glad that you mentioned the breakfast buffet; it is a wonderful amenity and is provided complimentary (so is parking here at the hotel.) Regarding our front desk staff; we have a wonderful team of Guest Service Agents that like to try and please every guest by going above and beyond at every opportunity. Thank you for allowing us to be of service!!!

-Fred

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn while traveling to Jacksonville for business and had a nice stay. Check in was easy and the staff was helpful with answering my questions and recommending places to get food. The room wasn't the cleanest as there were food crumbs on both the couch and desk chair, but the bed and bathroom was very clean. My room did not get cleaned every day either. The hot breakfast provided was excellent and the ladies working at that time were very pleasant. The hotel was walking distance to my office building as well as several good restaurants. All in all I will most likely stay there again when back in the area for work.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ive509,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay. Rest assured that we would like the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel next time you are in Jacksonville. I have shared your comments with the team and we have made modifications to make sure that issues you experienced do not happen in the future. We are so glad that you were able to utilize some of the amazing restaurants that are within walking distance as well. Next time you plan to come to Jacksonville, please give me a call so we can make sure that everything is set to exceed your expectations.

At Your Service,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This Hampton Inn is excellent in all aspects. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms clean, the beds very comfortable. It is located very close to I10 and I95 so the location is convenient for travelers. Try it - You'll be satisfied

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dawn,

We are so happy to hear of your recent experience here at the hotel. We try to make sure all of our guests experience nothing but the best during their time with us. Our entire staff wished you and yours a very Happy Holiday season. Next time you’re in Jacksonville, we will be waiting to welcome you back home!

At your Service,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

That is how we were treated at this hotel. Every employee there went above and beyond what was required of them!!! This includes the Ladies at Breakfast and the Maint. Man who helped my husband with our luggage and then would not accept a tip. We were here due to medical needs. So it was appreciated even more!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for your kind words and your review about your recent experience here at our hotel. We firmly believe that when our guests check in, they are home. We try to make sure that all of our guests feel welcome and our staff strives to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable experience. We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to be of service and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Front Office Manager, Hotel Sales Coordinator