“Hampton Inn, 1331 Prudential Dr., Jacksonville, FL”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Florida
“Hampton Inn, 1331 Prudential Dr., Jacksonville, FL”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel (Thu & Fri night) in early October. Very impressed with the attitude of all employees at this hotel. Every single one I met - at the front desk, in the dining room, or in the hallway made a point to smile and say hello. Rooms are very nice as well, and great variety of food at breakfast (included in room rate). Great location - just on the other side of the St. John's River from downtown - with several good restaurants in walking distance. Noteworthy city park located across the street from the hotel - containing the "Treaty Oak Tree" - a 250 year old live oak tree which pre-dates the city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rutharella
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi Ruth,

Thank you so much for telling others about your recent experience here at the hotel. We know that all of our guests have a choice when selecting a hotel and we try to make sure we say “hi” to everyone who walks thru our doors. And regarding Treaty Oak, it is a beautiful place to visit. We actually have a lot of couples that get married at that beautiful location! We hope that we have the chance to welcome you back soon Ruth. If you ever need anything, your friends at Hampton are only a phone call away!

fred.bollard@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Fort Erie, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Tucked into an area between freeways and railway lines, this hotel surprised me. It was the little things that made such a difference. Yes, there was the usual swimming pool, but you could order take out and sit by the pool at night eating your dinner. Yes, there was the usual early morning breakfast, but this one served homemade oatmeal instead of little packets of instant. Aside from the tables, there was a counter with bar stools that accommodated all of us so we didn't have to spread out and monopolize all the little tables. The staff went out of their way to take care of us; they treated us like family. Samantha especially should be snapped up for a managerial position by some fancy hotel. She is so professional, so kind, so helpful and knowledgeable. When I asked for somwhere close by for a late Sunday dinner, she not only KNEW of several but had a packet of descriptions put together for me. When one of our group injured her back and was left behind for a day, Catina tracked down extra pillows to make her more comfortable. And, the best part, when I stopped by to say goodbye, they hugged me and said they'd miss me. WOW! You feel safe, you feel cared for, but it's just so special when you get a hug goodbye!

Room Tip: The bed was comfortable. Everything was convenient, and even though there was construction outside...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank animalsafety
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor! We will ensure that Samantha and Catina receive your kudos. Both of these team members are truly valued here at the property and we are lucky to have them on our team! We have said it before, it is the small things that make the difference when traveling and our entire team of dedicated hospitality professionals strive to make every guest feel at home during their stay with us. When you or your group travels back to Jacksonville, we would love the opportunity to give you a hug and welcome you back home. We hope that you made it home safely and we look forward to your next trip to Jacksonville!!!!

At Your Service,

The Dedicated team at Hampton Inn Downtown Jacksonville I-95
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Good clean hotel, with an excellent staff. Located downtown Jacksonville. We were able to tour Jacksonville easily because of this Hampton Inn's location. I95, Beach Blvd and Atlantic Blvd,3 major highways, converge just blocks away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Joediaz911
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thanks for staying with us! We know that you have a choice when selecting a place to call your home away from home when you travel and we are glad that you gave us the opportunity to be of service. We are also happy to hear that you were able to see some of the sites in our beautiful city. When your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville our excellent staff will be waiting to greet you once again with a smile.

Fred

Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was at the Hampton Inn in Jacksonville, FL in September and I have never had any staff be so helpful in any hotel anywhere. They were so friendly, thoughtful, efficient, and helpful. It was a joy to be there because of them. They were always smiling and knew my name. The room was fabulous and the breakfast delicious. There were good restaurants within walking distance and they made arrangements for my reservation. They were just so on top of everything!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank marilyn_enoch10
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hi Marilyn,

Thank you so much for the comments about our staff. We pride ourselves on our associates and our entire team works hard to be the best around! Regarding the restaurants in the area (there are so many of them), next time you are here in Jacksonville, be sure to check out BB’s. It is an amazing restaurant that is also within walking distance and we will be more than happy to set up reservations for you as well! If you need anything at all, please don’t hesitates to contact us at (904) 396-7770 and our dedicated staff will more than happy to assist in any way possible. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Your Friends from Hampton Inn Jacksonville

Front Office Manager
Tallahassee, FL, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Although this Hampton Inn was surrounded by current construction, we were made very welcome by staff and surroundings. We were in Jax for an overnight conference, and we were checked in and oriented very efficiently and effectively by the staff. A few pluses: 1) Affordable frozen entrees, snacks and beverages, usable with in-room refrigerators & microwaves, 2) Nightlights in the bathroom! 3) Laptop tables in each room. Small things, perhaps, but it made a difference to this distracted conference attendee!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Chris G
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hi Chris,

We hope that you made it home safely! Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to Jacksonville. We are glad that all of our amenities that is provided here at the hotel helped with the distractions. We know that whatever reason brings you to the hotel, it’s the small things that make the difference. The microwaves and refrigerators were part of our most recent renovation. We are always striving to make sure that our guests have everything they need to feel at home and it's feedback such as yours that lets us know we are moving in the right direction. When you return to the Jacksonville area, our dedicated staff will be waiting to welcome you back home once again. Thank you for allowing us to be of service during your recent visit Chris.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

No problems, nothing special, good, clean, safe. Was a little nervous about a downtown hotel, but everything turned out to be fine. Left two kayaks on an open trailer in the parking lot and they were never touched.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Jim D
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your response on TripAdvisor. We are glad that we were able to calm your nerves about the downtown area! We think that we are a safe location in the heart of Downtown Jacksonville. Our hotel is actually a JSO (Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office) Hub Station. We often have officers come into the hotel to complete paperwork, grab a quick cup of coffee, and even eat breakfast! If your needs ever bring you back to the area, we hope that we have the honor of welcoming you back once again.

At Your Service,

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My family stayed at the Hampton Inn, Jacksonville when they came to celebrate my husband's 80th birthday. Mr. Fred Bollard, the gentleman we worked with to set everything up was amazing. He worked with me on every phase of their stay and even made sure that gift bags were put in rooms to greet family. He is the kind of guy that makes a person want to return to his hotel! The staff was very accommodating, breakfasts were good, rooms were neat, clean and inviting!! We have always stayed at Hampton Inns when we travel and will continue to consider Hampton Inns our "home away from home"..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Laura C
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for you kind words. We loved having the birthday party stay with us and we are so glad that everything was a success!!!! I truly appreciate the kind words about me but I cannot take all of the credit! Our hotel is staffed with dedicated hotel professionals who strive for perfection with every guest at every opportunity. We are so glad that you also mentioned “home away from home”… we don’t want any of our guests to feel any otherwise. You know if you ever need anything, we are only a phone call away. From the entire team at Hampton Inn Downtown Jacksonville I-95, thank you for allowing us to be of service!

Front Office Manager, Hotel Sales