“A welcome place”

Ranked #15 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tallahassee, FL, United States
“A welcome place”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Although this Hampton Inn was surrounded by current construction, we were made very welcome by staff and surroundings. We were in Jax for an overnight conference, and we were checked in and oriented very efficiently and effectively by the staff. A few pluses: 1) Affordable frozen entrees, snacks and beverages, usable with in-room refrigerators & microwaves, 2) Nightlights in the bathroom! 3) Laptop tables in each room. Small things, perhaps, but it made a difference to this distracted conference attendee!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Chris G
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hi Chris,

We hope that you made it home safely! Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to Jacksonville. We are glad that all of our amenities that is provided here at the hotel helped with the distractions. We know that whatever reason brings you to the hotel, it’s the small things that make the difference. The microwaves and refrigerators were part of our most recent renovation. We are always striving to make sure that our guests have everything they need to feel at home and it's feedback such as yours that lets us know we are moving in the right direction. When you return to the Jacksonville area, our dedicated staff will be waiting to welcome you back home once again. Thank you for allowing us to be of service during your recent visit Chris.

Hampton Inn Downtown Jacksonville I-95
fred.bollard@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 8, 2013

No problems, nothing special, good, clean, safe. Was a little nervous about a downtown hotel, but everything turned out to be fine. Left two kayaks on an open trailer in the parking lot and they were never touched.

1 Thank Jim D
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your response on TripAdvisor. We are glad that we were able to calm your nerves about the downtown area! We think that we are a safe location in the heart of Downtown Jacksonville. Our hotel is actually a JSO (Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office) Hub Station. We often have officers come into the hotel to complete paperwork, grab a quick cup of coffee, and even eat breakfast! If your needs ever bring you back to the area, we hope that we have the honor of welcoming you back once again.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My family stayed at the Hampton Inn, Jacksonville when they came to celebrate my husband's 80th birthday. Mr. Fred Bollard, the gentleman we worked with to set everything up was amazing. He worked with me on every phase of their stay and even made sure that gift bags were put in rooms to greet family. He is the kind of guy that makes a person want to return to his hotel! The staff was very accommodating, breakfasts were good, rooms were neat, clean and inviting!! We have always stayed at Hampton Inns when we travel and will continue to consider Hampton Inns our "home away from home"..

2 Thank Laura C
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for you kind words. We loved having the birthday party stay with us and we are so glad that everything was a success!!!! I truly appreciate the kind words about me but I cannot take all of the credit! Our hotel is staffed with dedicated hotel professionals who strive for perfection with every guest at every opportunity. We are so glad that you also mentioned “home away from home”… we don’t want any of our guests to feel any otherwise. You know if you ever need anything, we are only a phone call away. From the entire team at Hampton Inn Downtown Jacksonville I-95, thank you for allowing us to be of service!

Front Office Manager, Hotel Sales
The Villages, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel is staffed by very nice, efficient people. Their sense of fairness was overwhelming when it was time to check out. I'll be back whenever I come to Jacksonville, which ,sadly, is not often. Clean! Quiet! Fair prices !

Hey Merry,

WE MISS YOU ALREADY!!!! It was a pleasure having you at the hotel and we are all pleased that you had a great experience. Rest assured that we will be awaiting to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, whenever that may be. You know if we can ever be of service, we are only an email or a phone call away. Thank you for letting us be your "home away from home" during your recent visit to Jacksonville.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My name is Dante Clark. I am the Senior Coordinator for 44Blue Production/A&E Network. During the month of September, my company was shooting one of our TV show in the city of Jacksonville, FL. We chose the Hampton Inn as a hub for our crew. Not only was my crew greeted with such hospitality, but the sales Manager Fred was simply magnificent. He was hospitable and he made sure that all of our needs were met, above and beyond. The rooms were clean the lobby was polished, the property over all, is worthy of 5Stars. We will differently return back to the Hampton Inn Jacksonville and recommend this hotel our sister companies. Keep up the good work you guys!

Dante Clark

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DClark44
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi Dante,

It was truly a pleasure having your group here at the hotel. Thank you for your kind words as well regarding the condition of the hotel. Our entire team is dedicated to making sure our guests experience nothing but the best. I will make sure that your feedback is shared with the entire team here. It is feedback that lets us know how we are doing and we thank you for taking the time to provide your review. Dante, we look forward to working with you and your team in the future. You know if you ever need anything, we are only a phone call away.

Front Office Manager, Hotel sales
Hampton Inn Downtown Jacksonville I-95
(904) 397-7770
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed September 25, 2013

As longtime Hampton guests, we were glad to find this Inn, to not only meet the standard Hamptons used to have, but exceed them. The staff went beyond what is usual in many ways, and the condition of the public areas, as well as the rooms, were exceptionally clean and attractive. We have a number of Hampton reservations in near future, hope some will measure up to this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank DBCTHC
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello and thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and facilities during your recent stay. We take much pride in providing an experience that is above the usual at every opportunity! You know that when you return to Jacksonville, we will be waiting for you with our friendly staff, our beautiful public areas, and exceptionally clean guest rooms. Remember that we are only a phone call away!

-Fred

(904) 396-7770 x605
Orlando, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just what you'd expect for the most part anyway. Breakfast however was disappointing. Serveral items where out when I arrived at 8 am in the breakfast area and not refilled during my 20 minutes there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Jean,

We are so sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience regarding the breakfast area at our hotel. Rest assured that we take all feedback, both positive and negative, very seriously. I will be reviewing your feedback with our entire team. Thank you for providing your feedback to the hotel and providing us with the opportunity for improvement. If your travel needs ever bring you back to the area, we can only hope you that give us another chance to be of service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your future reservation needs. We promise to make your next stay perfect!