“Disappointed in Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was very disappointed in this hotel; I am a loyal customer and generally trust the Hampton Inn brand. However, this hotel did not meet my expectations. When I first entered the room the TV was on, the trash can was on the toilet, and the lights were all on. The air conditioning unit was very loud and did not do a very good job at keeping the room cool. The breakfast room was under construction and the selection in the substitute room was lacking and the people working breakfast were not accommodating (they basically ignored all the guests). When I checked out the two people at the desk were busy talking to each other and did not even acknowledge my existence or ask if everything was okay. The fitted sheet on one of the beds was stained, at least hopefully it was stained and not just unwashed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rcrooks, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us. I want to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us and I would love to have the opportunity to discuss your stay further. Please feel free to contact me directly at (904) 396-7770. Thank you again for choosing the the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown.

Chris Monroe
Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95

Reviewed June 23, 2013

really had an awesome time while staying at the Hampton Inn!! would love too come back and visit again in the near future!! i would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends and let them know about the great customer service that was given and the complimentary breakfast that was given as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shenita H
Rcrooks, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us. We hope to see you again!

Chris Monroe
Operations Manager

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I came in on a last minute business meeting. I'm a Hilton Honors member & I was hoping to get into the Hilton Garden Inn a litte further away, but they were all booked. I believe this is the first time I've stayed at a Hampton Inn. The property was clean both on the outside and inside. Although, it looked like they may have been doing some renovation in the lobby. This is a great location if you need to be close to downtown. I stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. The room was nice, clean & comfortable. It had a microwave, mini fridge & a flatscreen tv. I just wished the lighting was a bit brighter in the rooms and in the bathroom. The next morning....I didn't find the breakfast too appetizing, so I just had some coffee & a bite of a cold cinnamon roll. I found the staff very courteous and friendly. If I had to, I would probably stay again.

Room Tip: I was overlooking the pool. I could easily hear the people in the pool, but not after 8:30pm. In the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel is located very close to downtown without the high prices of the other hotels. They offer free parking and free breakfast. We had a room with a jacuzzi and it was very nice. It had a fridge & micro and 1 cup coffee maker. The bathroom was a little small but it did have a nice shower. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. We received excellent service from the front desk people. They were very friendly and helpful. They printed directions for us and advised us on restaurants that we were able to walk to. The monorail is very close within walking distance. I would highly recommend this hotel. Thanks to employees Fred & Chris for being so nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us. We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hampton inns sort of speak for themselves. Nice bed, great location but...I travel often and have dealt with numerous hotel staff. I can say from the initial phone call (Marlon) who I did not have the pleasure to meet in person. To the check in (Fred) THIS is the best, most knowledgable, accomadating staff I have ever dealt with! It was a busy Jazz Fest weekend and they were dealing with alot and still professional and courteous! Thank you guys for a Fantastic stay!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Suite...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Twann D

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your comments. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay. We know you had a choice of hotels when coming to Jacksonville and we thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was a very great place to stay. The staff was friendly, efficient and made it a pleasure to check-in and out. The room was clean, well stocked with a microwave and fridge. The only negative was the remodel that was in process, of the lobby. I know that when this is finished it will be better than ever.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us. We appreciate your patience as we renovated our lobby. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Staff was very accommodating at this hotel. The cleanliness was wonderful. There was construction going in the lobby - but the staff did not let that interfere with the overall experience. I would definitely pick this motel for my next trip to Jacksonville!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Muriel J

We appreciare you patience while our lobby was under renovation and we thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again.