“Good hotel”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good location, great staff, excellent breakfast. All in all a great deal for the price in comparison to other nearby hotels. An easy walk to the Jax Landing (or a $3 boat ride). Would recommend to anyone looking for a decent hotel in the area for either business or leisure.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Jose C
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown. We know you had a choice when choosing a hotel and we thank you for choosing us. We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us and I will be sharing them with the team. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95

Reviewed May 27, 2013

First time at the jazz festival, the hotel is at the perfect location for transport to and from downtown. The hotel itself was clean, nicely decorated, accommodation comfortable and the staff friendly, front deck staff Fred (dayshift) Wilson (nightshft) very informative about the area with helpful tips.Good breakfast provided, went out of their way to provide breakfast after breakfast area had run out of food.

2  Thank sheila c

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice when choosing a hotel and we thank you for choosing us. We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Jazz Festival. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was referred to this hotel by a friend and we had a great girlfriend weekend. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Jacksonville with free (Jazz weekend) transportation on the Skyway behind the hotel, which allowed easy access to the downtown Jacksonville and Jazz festival. The minute we walked into to the room, a very pleasant clean smell greeted you. The room was spotless and roomy for me and my three girlfriends. We checked in on Friday night with ease. Fred and his female co-staff was at the front desk on Saturday and Sunday and they were great; however, I have to say, Fred provided exemplary customer service and made me and my friends feel welcomed and valued. We asked Fred about the Ritz -an African American museum in Jacksonville, for which he was not familiar, but this did not stop him. He took the time to look up information and provided us with the address along with other sites worth visiting during our stay while dealing with other guests. We also spoke with Wilson who walked on Saturday night - He was very helpful, personable and informative. He provided excellent customer services, which we appreciated. The housekeeping staff was also very pleasant and efficient. The girls enjoyed the breakfast and variety. Due to the Family Reunion event and Jazz festival attendee, breakfast was always busy, but I must say, the staff did a great job in replenishing breakfast items in a timely manner and worked well under pressure. weekend. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Jacksonville with free (Jazz weekend) transportation on the Skyway behind the hotel, which allowed easy access to the downtown Jacksonville and Jazz festival. The minute we walked into to the room, a very pleasant clean smell greeted you. The room was spotless and roomy for me and my three girlfriends. We checked in on Friday night with ease. Fred and his female co-worker were at the front desk on Saturday and Sunday and they were great; however, I have to say, Fred provided exemplary customer service and made me and my friends feel welcomed and valued. We asked Fred about the Ritz -an African American museum in Jacksonville, for which he was not familiar, but this did not stop him. He took the time to look up information and provided us with the address along with other sites worth visiting during our stay while dealing with other guests. We also spoke with Wilson worked on Saturday night - He was very helpful, personable and informative. He provided excellent customer services, which we appreciated. The housekeeping staff was also very pleasant and efficient. Getting EXTRA towels and washcloths was not a problem. The girls and I enjoyed the variety of items offered at breakfast. Due to the Family Reunion event and Jazz festival attendee, breakfast was always busy, but I must say the staff did a great job in replenishing breakfast items in a timely manner and worked well under pressure. AC blew cold, bed was comfortable, enough pillows and bathroom was clean. Overall, we had a great and relaxing weekend and will be back.

Room Tip: None - My room was 227 which was the back of the hotel. Pool is in the front of hotel - Rooms with...
1  Thank Michele M

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during the Jazz Festival. We know you had a choice when choosing a hotel, and we thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was recently here on business for one evening and I was very happy with the hotel and the service. The room was very clean and I am extremely picky when it comes to where I stay when away from home. The bed was comfortable. If I had only one complaint it would be the pillows were too soft but no big deal. All of the staff from the front desk to the cleaning crew were so friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Tigerlilly37

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us. We know you had a choice when choosing a hotel in Jacksonville and we thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Will stay here again. Clean, great breakfast (free) and staff always helpful. Early arrival and had a room within 30 minutes with no problems. Requested a handicap room upon arrival and received one. WiFi was great. Great Location. This hotel is a Sub-station for Jacksonville Police Department as well. Lobby has 2 computers for guest and several TV's for there guest as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank 106PamelaL

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us and I will be sharing them with our team. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and we hope to see you again if your travels should bring you to Jacksonville.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have always been impressed with Hampton Inns but the experience I had at the Jacksonville Downtown Location was above and beyond. I had an international delegation to accommodate and Fred Bollard was so helpful with getting me the right room rate. And helping me with another location in Georiga. Thank you Fred!.

His team has all our delegates checked in BEFORE we arrived! Imagine my surprise when I walked up to the counter and was handed room keys! The process was less than a minute (it took over an hour at the hotel we just left).

All the delegates commented on how clean the hotel was, how friendly the staff was, how wonderful the breakfast was and the location has great access to shopping, restaurants and I 95.

Thank you to everyone at the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown for your hospitality. This is THE place stay when in Jacksonville.

3  Thank Richard T

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your check in was quick. Our number one goal is to always meet and exceed every guest's expectations.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We recently held a conference in Jacksonville. The Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown was a great location, conveniently next to the free Tram system that brings you right into the heart of the entertainment area. The hotel itself was fresh, up to date, and very comfortable. They provided a great breakfast which was different each day, rather than a "standard" same old thing each day. The entire staff was so welcoming and ready to assist at any time. I highly recommend them to anyone traveling through Jacksonville!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AOSDoreen
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown. We are glad you chose us while you attended a conference in Jacksonville. We also would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us.
We hope to see you again if your travels should bring you to Jacksonville.