Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
$158
$140
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
$65
$130
  • Restaurant
$87
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskacross the riverbreakfast staffconvention centerwater taxicomplimentary breakfastwafflesclose to downtownthe breakfast areathe hotel stafffresh fruitbusiness tripclean roomseasy accesswould stay here againstaff was friendlyparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel two nights in July. The hotel is an older building, which means older furniture, carpets, and linens. The room felt humid and the A/C unit was loud. The wi-fi was spotty at best. The breakfast selections were plenty but the breakfast area was small and felt crowded.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Had to bump my reservations back a day a couple days prior to our arrival, that was not a problem. The room was clean and comfortable, not really decorated to my taste but I was not going to be living there, just a place to rest while in town on business. Had reserved 3 days but due to the training center failing to secure an instructor for the training that had been reserved and paid for it was cut to just a 1 night stay. Upon checkout, even though it was after normal checkout time, was only charged for 1 night and reservations for the following days were cancelled without a problem. This hotel was one of the only things to go right on this trip.

The hotel is near the river but no view of the river, close to downtown and the many nice restaurants there. The pool looks nice but SMALL, and outside so wear sunscreen. The property itself is nice and well maintained but there is some kind of public train system out back and if you go out of the hotel and turn left before long you are in a fairly rough looking neighborhood.

2  Thank Josh W
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We made a reservation at this hotel given it's proximity to downtown, and it did prove to be an excellent location. Unfortunately the rest of our stay was a bit more hit or miss. The front desk staff were distracted when we attempted to check in, and made us feel we were secondary to the other tasks they had, which was odd since we were the only people checking in. They offered no greeting or welcome to the hotel, and without looking up from the computer, just asked "name". The room itself was fine, your standard hampton inn room, our room faced the back rather than on Prudential drive which made for a quieter stay. Bed was comfortable, shower was fine.

We also experienced a scenario unlike anything I've encountered in a hotel before. A family reunion was held in the public lobby/breakfast area the evening of our stay which made the lobby and it's amenities effectively inaccessible to us. There were actually signs directing you to use side entrances rather than the main entrance. This meant the lobby, business center, and television located in the lobby area were for all intents and purposes closed to us.

The free breakfast was good with eggs, omelets, waffles and fresh fruit in addition to the normal Hampton Inn breakfast offerings. Unfortunately the woman working in the breakfast area was either having a bad day or is perpetually cranky. The man who I believe was the manager was pleasant and helpful throughout our stay.

Because of the location and the value for money I would stay here again, although I think I will check the hotel's social calendar to make sure there was nothing scheduled for the lobby area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had reservations for 7/22/2012 and “STAR”the lady behind the counter was a nice lady at first. There was a couple in front of me, and at this time it was 2:30-2:45 pm. The couple were just checking in to see if their room was available since it was before check in. Apparently their room wasn’t available, and she was able to give them someone else’s room in hopes that she wasn’t giving them MY room. Well when it came to my turn, my room wasn’t available just yet. Which I was ok with it since it wasn’t exactly 3 yet. Well I decided to go across the street to gas up on my rental and didn’t come back to hotel till 3:10pm and my room WAS NOT READY!!!. She had informed me that I did NOT notify them that I was coming, which I shouldn’t have to if I already have reservations. She suggested 3:30-4 it should be ready. I informed her that I shouldn’t have to call and inform them of my coming because I had reservations and because now it was already passed check in time. I was furious because it made me feel as if they couldn’t deliver their check in time and b/c she did NOT have answers for me. If it’s passed 3 pm, rooms should be available already. Her customer service knowledge was poor and she couldn’t handle situations like this. I would suggest for her to have some more training as she had a co worker answer my questions as she stood there and looked at me as if she didn’t know how to answer my questions. There were several customers just waiting in the lobby for their rooms to be available as well. Other than that, the room I stayed in was great. I probably would come back if it’s my last resort.

1  Thank Wy_Vee
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Clean, comfy rooms and friendly, efficient staff - great late food delivery recommendation (Kick Backs). It was just what we needed for a family vacation road-trip stop-over. The hotel is just off I-95 and easy to find. In the morning there's a Starbucks a few blocks away for refueling before heading-up the I-95 on-ramp.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family