“Rude - Not knowledgeable - Inflexible”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #23 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I think my title says it all. I will never stay here, nor will I recommend this hotel. Your better spending the extra $50 and staying at the Omni or the Hyatt on the Riverfront.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank KaitlynKambestad31

Reviewed March 11, 2011

What I liked best: Room was a nice size and bed was comfortable. Location not so great when looking for a restaurant. What I liked least: Service and location was lacking. Two people at the desk, both on the phone when I arrived. I waited. While still on the phone, one of the desk personnel checked me in. Since I hadn't eaten I asked if there was a restaurant in the hotel. No, there was not. As I was unfamiliar with the location I asked if there was a nearby restaurant. I was told "across the street." Both personnel were on the phone during the entire exchange. I walked across the street to the Wine Cellar Restaurant. It was mid-afternoon. The person at the podium was on the phone. I waited 15 minutes for that conversation to end and learned that the restaurant did not serve meals between 2:00 and 5:00. I did not see any other local restaurants and I did not feel comfortable exploring in this unfamiliar area. I waited until the next day to eat the complimentary breakfast which was adequate. I did not find either the desk staff or the hospitality staff particularly friendly or helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Cbannon
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I always stay here (4 times a month) when I travel to Jacksonville. The staff are very kind and attentive and my room is very clean and comfortable. Good free breakfast, nothing fancy - but who cares!

Wine Cellar is across the street, but I drive down to BB's at Hendrick cross street or drive down Hendrick's for La Nopelara.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Nice hotel with friendly staff and comfortable rooms. I'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2011

This is a nice, clean hotel that we happened upon by accident. Cold lemon water, popcorn and cookies were available for the taking. The nearby riverwalk provides a nice view of Jax's skyline. The rooms are very clean and the lobby has a couple of comfortable sitting areas. Hats off to Chris Monroe who was extra helpful and knowledgable during our stay. Seems like a perfect location for some business stays (reasonable rates; nice restaurants nearby such as bb, Basil Thai & Sushi, Morton's Steakhouse, Charthouse; access to water taxis that will take you across the river to the 'happening' part of town.)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LewisandLisa
Reviewed January 2, 2011

staff efficient and friendly. breakfast a little lacking, but was nourishing. room temperature was difficult to control was too warm or too cold. hotel was quiet, convenient and as i said staff was very friendly and accommodating. a good stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2010

This is an older hotel but is kept up nice. We stayed here 2 nights for the Raider/Jaguar game. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. The breakfast had eggs, bacon and home fries. I will stay here again if I am in Jacksonville for business but if I attend another game I will choose another hotel on the other side of the river. The cost for the cab and water taxis would make up the diference in price to stay closer to dowtown.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple