“Nice Hampton but funky location”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Jacksonville I-95 South, FL
Ranked #76 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Visit JAX often due to a son in college there and stay all over to check out different hilton properties. Rank this one as average. Pretty standard Hampton with good rates. As usual, great staff, nice breakfast, etc. A little cleaner than some of the hamptons in JAX so for a lower rate it's a good choice. If you're looking for convenience or walking distance to restaurants and other stuff this isn't your hotel. Kind of tucked away on a weird dead end in an office park. Safe, cool and no problems, just not as close to stuff as say that Homewood at town center mall or the embassy on baymeadows and some other properties down there.

Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've stayed in this Hampton Inn probably at least twenty times in the past five years or so. I have issues with cleanliness at a lot of hotels and I can honestly say that this has consistently been one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed at. The nice, friendly lady that I assume is head of housekeeping has been there since I first stayed there and I think she does a great job of making sure things are clean.

It seems like all of the staff has turned over and the hotel isn't as "friendly" as it once was. That was one of the draws for me, it always felt like "coming home." From the manager at the time on down...everyone was super friendly.

As far as the hotel location...it is convenient to I-95 and Butler Blvd on the south side of Jacksonville. As far as food selections....you have to drive to get most anywhere unless you want to eat in another hotel or Dave and Busters. Starbucks is around five minutes away (depending on the red lights) and other fast food options are in that area.

The hotel is a little older...not a newer building...the A/Cs are completely annoying. I am a light sleeper and throughout the night as it cuts on and off it wakes me up every time. This hotel hasn't converted to a thermostat system yet and the A/Cs won't run the fan only which would have minimized the night time noise.

All things considered I will stay at this Hampton Inn in the future without hesitation (mainly due to the cleanliness and value), but depending on prices...it may not be my first choice. It used to be the only hotel I considered.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This was a 3 night stay on points. Overall a typical HI. However this time I have to question the quality of the pillows and bed. Neither were very comfortable. Breakfast area was a little small and it was always too busy.
Frankly I would look at other options if I was in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Excellent Service, no complaints here! Staff was friendly, accommodations were excellent, especially on such a busy weekend (Fl/Ga game in Jacksonville is ALWAYS crazy). They even offered the courtesy of calling before our stay to warn us of the events in the area in case we were looking for an especially quiet weekend. Very thorough and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The internet and computer in lobby never worked the whole 6 days we were there. Air conditioner in room very and loud, had to turn TV up every time it came on. Breakfast entrees did not taste very good. Overall experience was fair.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and everything had been fine. This time everything was less than acceptable.Dirty room,broken TV .dripping faucets and poor breakfast. There appears to be a management problem when so many items are unsatisfactory.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is located near Nemours Children's Clinic. It was off the beaten path and provided for our needs of an over night stay. Clean rooms, well lit bathroom, clean carpet and fluffy beds to rest in. These are just a few things I could brag about. The breakfast was just enough to get our day started. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Travelers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Jacksonville West, FL
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Jacksonville, FL
Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
#72 of 134 in Jacksonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd
Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Jacksonville I-95 South, FL? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Jacksonville I-95 South, FL

Address: 4690 Salisbury Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256-6130 (Formerly Hampton Inn)
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #76 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Price Range: $85 - $154 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Jacksonville I-95 South, FL 2.5*
The Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville South offers the perfect combination of convenient location and superior accommodations. The hotel's location off of I-95 and Butler Blvd., provides easy access to the Mayo Clinic, UNF, St. John's Town Center, downtown and the beautiful Jacksonville Beaches. We provide complimentary shuttle service to Mayo Clinic and St. Vincent's Southside. Our South Jacksonville, FL hotel is 100% non-smoking and offers you free WI-FI internet access, complimentary breakfast buffet, on-site fitness center, business center with print services, guest laundry, outdoor pool and complimentary parking. We also offer meeting services with our onsite sales teams who will take care of all your meeting needs from audio/visual to catering your special event. From our perfectly appointed guest rooms to our professional service staff no matter what brings you to our area, the Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville South is ready and waiting to serve you! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Carlson, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Jacksonville I-95 South, FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Jacksonville - i-95 South Hotel Jacksonville