“Perfect family stop”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South
Ranked #77 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Typical Hampton Inn. Great price and solid accommodations. Perfect for a traveling family. The breakfast was great and the staff was very helpful. It was quiet at night and it was close to several gas stations and dining options.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here this past Fourth of July weekend. This was a points stay, but would have still been a great buy at the going rate. The front desk staff were friendly and helpfull. Likewise, the morning breakfast staff were also. The hotel is centrally located to downtown and the beaches, providing easy freeway access to both.
Parts of thr hotel were dated and appeared to be undergoing renovations. Since there were lots of young families in for the long weekend, the pool was always full, but kept very clean.
Overall, I recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I rate customer service as being one of my high expectations when staying away from home & this hotel certainly has it from the front desk to the help around the grounds, excellent customer service was displayed. Staff was always willing assist with a smiling face, they did not make you feel like they did not want to be at work!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as we began our trip north from Florida. The location is perfect from I-95 and the hotel and a great value. Everything is clean and bright, the staff is very professional and helpful. We always enjoy Hampton Inn stays and this one was great. We'd definitely stay again on future trips.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Let's start by saying I'm a HHonors diamond member with over 15 years experience. I love Hilton hotels. This hotel is a dive.

The first room I checked into was so mold-ridden the smell overwhelmed me before I took a second step in. The next room they offered was almost as bad. The third room literally, literally, had mildew growing on the walls. They didn't believe me and wanted "maintenance" to look. Maintenance came in and said we couldn't stay in this room (ya think?). The fourth room was the best so far, and only had black mold under the carpet border, all along the exterior wall joints, and all in/around the wall A/C unit.

Management was very nice and polite. Seriously. They explained the hotel was over 20 years old and there had been a lot of rain lately. Yeah, well. G'bye.

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton at 8127 Point Meadows Drive nearby. It's new, nice, and very very clean. The...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank VMIBran
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The best thing about this Hampton Inn was the staff. They were all friendly and accommodating. From the front desk to the breakfast host to the cleaning folks. All were helpful and asked if I needed anything. The room was good and had new furniture. My floor was very quiet which is essential for me to give a good review. No issues there. The hotel is going through reno so be prepared for that but unless you hang on the first floor you won't notice. It is in need of an update and when done will be very nice. The area is nice and somewhat secluded so find where you want/need to go for food and entertainment ahead of time. I got kind of lost until I figured out where I everything was. It's close. You just have to find it. I have no complaints about my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff! The pool closed at dusk and they made arrangements for us to use the pool at a neighboring facility. The main floor is under construction, but isn't an inconvenience at all. Great free breakfast that had oatmeal, cold cereals, mini western omelettes, sausage, waffles, muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, juice, coffee and tea. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here next time.

• Stayed: May 2013
Travelers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
#66 of 133 in Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint
Extended Stay America - Jacksonv...
#85 of 133 in Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
#47 of 133 in Jacksonville
Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South

Address: 4690 Salisbury Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256-6130 (Formerly Hampton Inn)
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #77 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Price Range: $73 - $139 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South 2.5*
The Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville South offers the perfect combination of convenient location and superior accommodations. The hotel's location off of I-95 and Butler Blvd., provides easy access to the Mayo Clinic, UNF, St. John's Town Center, downtown and the beautiful Jacksonville Beaches. We provide complimentary shuttle service to Mayo Clinic and St. Vincent's Southside. Our South Jacksonville, FL hotel is 100% non-smoking and offers you free WI-FI internet access, complimentary breakfast buffet, on-site fitness center, business center with print services, guest laundry, outdoor pool and complimentary parking. We also offer meeting services with our onsite sales teams who will take care of all your meeting needs from audio/visual to catering your special event. From our perfectly appointed guest rooms to our professional service staff no matter what brings you to our area, the Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville South is ready and waiting to serve you! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Jacksonville - i-95 South Hotel Jacksonville