“This is hands down the most disgusting property that I have ever stayed at” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South
Ranked #77 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Boston, MA
“This is hands down the most disgusting property that I have ever stayed at”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is the most disgusting hotel that I have ever slept in. From the minute you walk into this property it reeks of oil. The hotel attempts to cover this up witsh the stench of lemon scented cleaning products. The lobby is filthy and outdated. You then step into the elevator which is scuffed and damaged, and again, smells bad. The hallways and rooms smell of mold and mildew. Then there was the soaking wet floor from the pipe that burst across the hall and the early awakening from the man trying to wet/dry vac up all the water in the hallway. Again, the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I cannot believe it'part of the Hilton chain.

Room Tip: This hotel is filthy. I doubt there are any good rooms. The all smell like mold.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kyle0123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Macon, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stay at Hampton Inns often because they are usually quite suitable, and not so darned pricey. This one is just what we've come to expect: decent motel, room up to standards, pleasant and helpful staff, and a good breakfast. This motel was not our destination, it is where we stayed while we enjoyed Jacksonville, and it was fine. We like the location -- but getting into the motel off I-95 after dark is tough, road is hard to find and not well marked (not HI's fault, thank the city of Jacksonville). Easy access to The Avenues Mall, plenty of eateries, Tinseltown or Regal theater complexes. I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank South_Georgia_boy
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for one night on the way to Virginia.

This is an exceptionally well-run Inn, although it is an older property.

Brittany at the front desk was unusually friendly and pleasant. She gave us such a warm greeting that I wondered if she confused us for someone else. When I asked her for dinner recommendations she told me about a Dave & Buster’s within walking distance and that our room key would get us a discount on meals.

When I had a minor issue with the A/C Maintenance was quick and responsive and solved the problem. We did not have a noisy A/C as other reviewers complained about.

The breakfast served was typical Hampton Inn good. But the breakfast lady, Ivy Tucker, demonstrated an outstanding attitude. She worked ceaselessly to make sure everyone had what they needed or wanted. When I questioned her about her attitude she said that the “Hampton Inn is the client’s second home. I want it to be perfect.”

The room was clean. The beds comfortable. The bathroom spotless with an exhaust fan quiet but strong.

We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Considering other reviewers' comments, ask for a room away from any smoking rooms (if there are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Zephyrhills, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We've stayed at this Hampton Inn roughly eight times and is great everytime. Great staff that are friendly, clean rooms, comfortable beds and a well stocked clean bathroom. The coffee is always fresh, and the cookies are a bonus which I love. The TV channels are okay. I was told that will improve before the end of the year with better channels and HD programming. If you're looking for a place to stay that is nice, I highly recommend staying here. Their breakfast in the is the best I have found staying in different motels/hotels, they offer a wide selection of items along with fresh oatmeal, not instant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Guam, Hawaii, Florida...
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

If you're looking for that clean and inviting hotel that Hampton Inn is known for, look somewhere else. This should be a truck stop, not a Hampton Inn. The room smelled like mildew, as did the halls and elevators. Everything seems dated and worn. Lights that didn't work and a rattling A/C unit added to the headache. Do yourself and your family a favor and spend your money elsewhere. Hampton Inn is a great hotel chain, but they dropped the ball on this location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ejfiaschi
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had a pleasurable stay during the Jacksonville Jazz Festival weekend and Celebrated my 60th Birthday with several family members who also booked at the same hotel I was greeted by a warm,friendly staff on 5/23/12 and my room was clean and airy and the King size bed was remarkablely comfortable I checked out on 5/27/12 and continued my Celebration in Fernandida Beach before departing for ATL. I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Greenville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am a hotel snob, I was in the business, so I am hard to impress. I was thrilled that we took a chance on a value over pricey. I do like Hampton inn and this was no exception. Fresh decor. Amazing pillows. Impressive breakfast. Clean hotel. Nice pool. Quiet. Mature crowd. Moments from
Great shopping. We will stay again!

• Stayed August 2012