“Good breakfast and a outstanding staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South
Ranked #76 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Good breakfast and a outstanding staff”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for one night on the way to Virginia.

This is an exceptionally well-run Inn, although it is an older property.

Brittany at the front desk was unusually friendly and pleasant. She gave us such a warm greeting that I wondered if she confused us for someone else. When I asked her for dinner recommendations she told me about a Dave & Buster’s within walking distance and that our room key would get us a discount on meals.

When I had a minor issue with the A/C Maintenance was quick and responsive and solved the problem. We did not have a noisy A/C as other reviewers complained about.

The breakfast served was typical Hampton Inn good. But the breakfast lady, Ivy Tucker, demonstrated an outstanding attitude. She worked ceaselessly to make sure everyone had what they needed or wanted. When I questioned her about her attitude she said that the “Hampton Inn is the client’s second home. I want it to be perfect.”

The room was clean. The beds comfortable. The bathroom spotless with an exhaust fan quiet but strong.

We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Considering other reviewers' comments, ask for a room away from any smoking rooms (if there are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We've stayed at this Hampton Inn roughly eight times and is great everytime. Great staff that are friendly, clean rooms, comfortable beds and a well stocked clean bathroom. The coffee is always fresh, and the cookies are a bonus which I love. The TV channels are okay. I was told that will improve before the end of the year with better channels and HD programming. If you're looking for a place to stay that is nice, I highly recommend staying here. Their breakfast in the is the best I have found staying in different motels/hotels, they offer a wide selection of items along with fresh oatmeal, not instant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Guam, Hawaii, Florida...
Reviewed September 15, 2012

If you're looking for that clean and inviting hotel that Hampton Inn is known for, look somewhere else. This should be a truck stop, not a Hampton Inn. The room smelled like mildew, as did the halls and elevators. Everything seems dated and worn. Lights that didn't work and a rattling A/C unit added to the headache. Do yourself and your family a favor and spend your money elsewhere. Hampton Inn is a great hotel chain, but they dropped the ball on this location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ejfiaschi
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had a pleasurable stay during the Jacksonville Jazz Festival weekend and Celebrated my 60th Birthday with several family members who also booked at the same hotel I was greeted by a warm,friendly staff on 5/23/12 and my room was clean and airy and the King size bed was remarkablely comfortable I checked out on 5/27/12 and continued my Celebration in Fernandida Beach before departing for ATL. I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Greenville
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am a hotel snob, I was in the business, so I am hard to impress. I was thrilled that we took a chance on a value over pricey. I do like Hampton inn and this was no exception. Fresh decor. Amazing pillows. Impressive breakfast. Clean hotel. Nice pool. Quiet. Mature crowd. Moments from
Great shopping. We will stay again!

• Stayed August 2012
Delaware
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My daughter and I pulled into this hotel in the wee hours of the morning after a long drive. The lady manning the desk welcomed us warmly. The room was OK and you could see that this is an older property. Breakfast was decent and the lady watching over it was on top of anything that ran low.

We took a dip in the pool and enjoyed our time there. Every time that we walked by the desk, we were greeted and asked how everything was going.

We paid less for this Hampton Inn than the others we stayed at on this trip. I'd say that it more than met my expectations for the price and the staff tries hard to compensate for the age of the property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We've stayed here a couple of times on the way to Orlando.

What's good: walking distance to Dave and Busters (great after a day in the car), it has a decent pool, and the breakfast is not bad.

What's not good: shabby interiors, average staff, rooms were drab, and halls seemed dirty. Worse, finding your way to and from I-95 is difficult.

While Hampton Inn as a chain is great, this one is not. There are many othe options in JAX. Keep driving past this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
#50 of 133 in Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
#60 of 133 in Jacksonville
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint
Extended Stay America - Jacksonv...
#86 of 133 in Jacksonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Comfort Suites Baymeadows
Comfort Suites Baymeadows
#55 of 133 in Jacksonville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South? Share your experiences!