“Clean safe value modern fresh quiet”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South
Ranked #76 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Greenville
“Clean safe value modern fresh quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am a hotel snob, I was in the business, so I am hard to impress. I was thrilled that we took a chance on a value over pricey. I do like Hampton inn and this was no exception. Fresh decor. Amazing pillows. Impressive breakfast. Clean hotel. Nice pool. Quiet. Mature crowd. Moments from
Great shopping. We will stay again!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

My daughter and I pulled into this hotel in the wee hours of the morning after a long drive. The lady manning the desk welcomed us warmly. The room was OK and you could see that this is an older property. Breakfast was decent and the lady watching over it was on top of anything that ran low.

We took a dip in the pool and enjoyed our time there. Every time that we walked by the desk, we were greeted and asked how everything was going.

We paid less for this Hampton Inn than the others we stayed at on this trip. I'd say that it more than met my expectations for the price and the staff tries hard to compensate for the age of the property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We've stayed here a couple of times on the way to Orlando.

What's good: walking distance to Dave and Busters (great after a day in the car), it has a decent pool, and the breakfast is not bad.

What's not good: shabby interiors, average staff, rooms were drab, and halls seemed dirty. Worse, finding your way to and from I-95 is difficult.

While Hampton Inn as a chain is great, this one is not. There are many othe options in JAX. Keep driving past this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel was very hard to find from 95. it was 9pm, dark, and Salisbury road seems to start and stop inexplicably!. Hotel was a bit of a disappointment. Desk clerk very nice and helpful. The extra pillows I had requested when making the reservation were not delivered. As previous reviewers have stated, hotel is dated and in need of an overhaul. The corridors have a stale odor, and are not properly air conditioned. The room was somewhat shabby and TOTALLY lacking in plugs/outlets. The only plugs we could find were one behind the bed, and one under/behind the desk. Each plug was used by a lamp or clock. Bring a power strip!..So, charging a phone or using a computer was a challenge without ample electrical outlets in the room. There is an outlet in the bathroom, but I hesitate to put a phone or computer near the sink/water. The smoke detector was loose and hanging from the wall precariously; the bathroom door was scratched, missing paint and desperately needed painting. Bed has a sheet and a comforter that was WAY too big, and therefore heavy and cumbersome, and rather hot. Breakfast was fresh and good. This is a stopover hotel when traveling, period.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Louisa, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a typical Hampton Inn. But the three of us that stayed and each of us had small issues with our rooms. Everything was clean. I.would say this location is sitting below the Hampton Inn ideal standards. If in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Miami Shores, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

When traveling by car, I usually look for a Hampton Inn to stop in overnight; I have always found them to be very clean, and to have accommodations superior to what one would expect for the rate.

I was disappointed by the property in Jacksonville, however. Everything about it looks a little old, and we even had to change rooms at 10:30 pm, as the AC in our room was not working. The new room smelled suspiciously like car air freshener-I couldn't help but wonder what they were trying to mask with that unusual smell. The staff people were nice enough-it is just the property itself that seems run-down.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Rosemarielb
Nashville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Pros: Nice staff and decent location. Bed was comfy once I fixed it.

Cons: This Hampton desperately needs an update. The A/C was so loud you had to turn the TV way up to hear it over the A/C. I had to put a book over the A/C to hold back the curtains from flapping in the CAT 3 winds coming out of it. The room was clean, but dated – the old Hampton layout with the tiny bathroom. The walls were old stucco looking stuff. The bathroom vent was filthy (which I reported). The tub was stained. The desk chair was broken so that it could not be raised enough to comfortably type. The bed had been knocked off its frame which I had to fix. The room and lobby had an odor (not bad, but still smelled). The water in the shower was so soft you could just look at the soap and not be able to rinse it off. Big nice HDTV, but no HD channels.

Bottom line: Worst Hampton I have seen in years. Find another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business