Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South
Ranked #78 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 22, 2011

At checking in, we were assigned room # 132. We settled and discovered very quickly many food debris between the beds, and obviously unchanged sheets in one bed.
We went back to reception desk and with apologies got room # 116. We went to that room and discovered that very simply it had not been cleaned at all. Towels on the bathroom floor...sheets hanging ...
Return to reception desk and this time we got room # 215, which happened to be OK.
This story tells me of what is probably a lax policy with housekeeping
In my opinion there are much better options nearby, and this is my last time at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JP M

Reviewed January 4, 2011

From the moment we entered the Hampton Inn & Suites - Jacksonville South we were treated with respect, as we were welcomed guests. The room was great, breakfast area very well kept, and the front desk as we were leaving was extremely helpful and cordial.

Thank you Hamton Inn for having great emplyeesw.

Jim & Cecelia Conley

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2010

wonderfully comfy beds with superb pillows. pack n play clean and tucked nicely in roomy closet for extra quiet. breakfast bountiful and yummy, clean high chairs and boosters. desk staff very nice and helpful. clean. a great restful spot to being our Disney trip.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I know the staff tries hard here, but this is clearly a Hampton Inn that is missing on a couple marks. Don't get me wrong, the price is cheap, so you don't expect a lot - but I expected a little bit more. The room is clean, and the bed is 'okay' at best (it's hard as a rock). There are no amenities here - a small gym, and no on-site restaurant. The breakfast that Hampton is so proud of was poor at best. Old eggs, and dry Canadian bacon - does not a hot breakfast make.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Stopped for a one night stay on our drive down to Fort Lauderdale. We had a coupon from one of those rest stop hotel books, for a $49 dollar stay at this Hampton Inn. It was a great hotel, though a little difficult to find. Easy check-in. Clean, attractive, and well organized room. The bathroom was large, with an unusual diagonal sink and mirrors. Very nice. Everything about the room was nice. We arrived so late, I didn't have a chance to use the wireless. The breakfast area is a sunken room off the lobby. The breakfast was very good, with fresh cut up fruit and someone making omelets. Overall, it was a pleasant surprise, and I would definitely stay there again at that price.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank orangeroof
Reviewed March 15, 2010

After having stayed at the Marriott for the many business trips I make to JAX, I decided to try the Hampton and was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations and service. Free internet and hot brakfast put the icing on the cake. All comes at less price, which is key in today's economy. Using the Hampton has allowed me to cut my travel expenses significantly, while enjoying better service and accommodations than I had encountered in the past. Definitely the best deal in town.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Louis_Thibodeaux
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Excellent dining area, excellent fitness room, friendly staff. Excellent dollar value for a motel of this quality.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robinc123
Travelers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West
Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
#48 of 134 in Jacksonville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South

Address: 4690 Salisbury Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256-6130 (Formerly Hampton Inn)
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #78 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Price Range: $84 - $107 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South 2.5*
The Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville South offers the perfect combination of convenient location and superior accommodations. The hotel's location off of I-95 and Butler Blvd., provides easy access to the Mayo Clinic, UNF, St. John's Town Center, downtown and the beautiful Jacksonville Beaches. We provide complimentary shuttle service to Mayo Clinic and St. Vincent's Southside. Our South Jacksonville, FL hotel is 100% non-smoking and offers you free WI-FI internet access, complimentary breakfast buffet, on-site fitness center, business center with print services, guest laundry, outdoor pool and complimentary parking. We also offer meeting services with our onsite sales teams who will take care of all your meeting needs from audio/visual to catering your special event. From our perfectly appointed guest rooms to our professional service staff no matter what brings you to our area, the Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville South is ready and waiting to serve you! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Jacksonville - i-95 South Hotel Jacksonville