“cheap for a reason.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tallahassee
“cheap for a reason.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I could not believe the reasonable price until I checked in. Hotel in major need of maintenance. Musty smell in room. AC unit very dirty. We did see some signs of repair and improvement to exterior -pressure washing of pool area and rebuilding of exterior damaged walls. interior needs attention.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Trisha D, Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience with our hotel. As you noticed we are in the process of making several improvements to our property. This will include interior and exterior plans. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stop back again. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This room was filthy! I would never stay at this hotel again. The microwave was dirty inside and the outside had greasy handprints on it. The tub had a dirty streak down the middle of it, and the air intake screen was full of dust -- so thick I could scrape it off with my fingernail! I was concerned about the cleanliness of the furniture and the carpets based on the factors above. There was not enough flatware, and the pots and pans didn't look clean. I washed everything before I used it -- even the coffee pot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Trisha D, Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience with our hotel I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you had. I did address them and have taken further action with our staff since then. I apologize for the inconveniences that you received while you were here. Our housekeeping team is working to correct the issues that you mentioned as well. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area we would love for you to stop back again. Thank you.
Jacksonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Every room we we put in had something wrong from water damage to broken doors and obvious signs of break-in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Trisha D, Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the rooms you where put in. I would like to discuss this with you so I can determine which rooms you were in and make sure all issues are corrected. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience ever.