“Great Place To Stay”

Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville
Ranked #99 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed at the Homewood Suites for 3 nights, wow what a great place to stay. Rooms were exceptionally clean and well provided, high end furniture and linens. Loved the idea that a hot breakfast was served and two of our nights there supper was served. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Barnie9
Westerly34, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Dear Barnie9,

Thank you for your very kind comments and enthusiastic review. Your comments were shared with my entire team today and they responded with a loud cheer.

See you next time you are passing through Jacksonville, Florida.

Russell Brown CHA

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Wonderful staff, all the way around. Every night, every shift! I have 3 out of the 4 names
of the personell that were on shift, let me just than Samuel Hussey, Melissa Elgersma, John Grand Gerard for making every request happen. Rarely do I go to a hotel, and find awesome service over the phone, and in person. Thank you for taking good care of me on my business trip!

Room Tip: 425 was mostly quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Westerly34, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dear Smtlr14,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs while in Jacksonville, FL. My Team and I take great pride in providing every guest with exceptional service before, during and after their stay if needed.

Thank you for your very kind comments; they will be shared with the Team during our next morning Huddle.

Russell Brown

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Selected this hotel because we love Homewood Suites and the location was easy from I 95. The room was perfect. Hotel personnel were helpful and friendly. Breakfast included a nice variety of hot and cold selections nicely presented. We would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hoosierhiker
Westerly34, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Dear Hoosierhiker,

Thank you for your very nice review and kind words about my Team. We are very proud of our hotel and take great pride in offering service beyond our guest's expectations.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs in Jacksonville, FL.

Russell

Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel exceeded all our expectations! We needed a two BR suite with one walk in shower for a 93 year old. The check in was very cordial and accomodating. The room
was very clean and the beds and pillows were fantastic! The hotel is just off I 95 and close to all shopping and restaurants. They provide an excellent nightly meal which was home cooked on the premises with wine all of which are free. The free breakfast was also better than most places offer. The weather was bad so we did not use the outdoor pool or jacuzzi.
There is a small fitness center and a business center. We have rebooked this hotel and feel we could not find a better place at the price offered! We would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Center court rooms are very quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank edenpt
Westerly34, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Dear edenpt,

Thank you for the very nice review and comments, it was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. We all look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Russell

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while traveling over the holidays. The location is very convenient to I-95. The room was very clean and comfortable, especially the bed - we slept great! The staff were delightful, helpful and hospitable. The price for what you get is excellent. Whether just passing through Jacksonville or staying for multiple days you can't beat the comfort, convenience and price. And, we found a great Chinese Restaurant - Pagoda Chinese, just a couple blocks from the hotel.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are best - no elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen R
Westerly34, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Dear Raylo,

Thank you for your great review and kind remarks. My staff and I take great pleasure in ensuring every guest has a wonderful experience.
I feel certain you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Please poke your head in my office next time around, I would ike to meet you.

Russell Brown, GM

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I have enjoyed many Homewood Suites. This hotel offers comfortable room and a convenient location to I-95 and I-295, to businesses and to shopping. The breakfast and evening meals during the week were good as usual and a variety was offered. The only thing that makes me indicate 'Average' versus 'Very Good', is that the rooms are all in two story buildings not connected with the lodge. I prefer all the rooms within the lodge. Also, because of this all of the upstairs rooms were by stairs only. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Janet4Missions
Westerly34, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2011

Dear Janet4Missions,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Jacksonville and for your kind remarks about my Team.
Not all of our suites are located in two story buildings. We have three buildings with suites, two have two stories the third has three stories with interior corridors, electronic door locks on all entries and an elevator; roughly 50% of our suite are in this larger building.
The next time you are visiting Jacksonville, ask for building #3 and you will be placed in the three story building with the elevator.

Russell Brown, CHA

Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is an older Homewood suites and really needs to be polished up. The rooms are old and showing major ware. The breakfast is also not as good as most Homeowoods. they seem to keep running out of things and not have it very organized. (for example the Oatmeal Packets should be near the hot water since you have to use that with it.)

My bathroom was well worn and needs to be replaced. The bathroom tiles clearly show that this bathroom has had plumbing issues and was not repaired in a quality manner.

This Homewood is located in multiple buildings. My Suite was in building 3 and the entire building has a "old building smell".

Room Tip: try to get a room close to the clubhouse as it could be a walk if you are elderly to the breakfast e...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Westerly34, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2011

Dear Young 2 by 2,

Thank you for choosing my hotel for your lodging needs while in Jacksonville.

This hotel was one of the very first Homewood Suites built in the USA, number 6 in fact. The doors were opened in 1991, so pleanty has happened in the ensuing years.
The hotel has undergone several renovations in the 20+ years and in fact a major renovation is scheduled for the second half of 2012. We know we are showing some age in certain areas and all of the areas will be addressed.
The layout of the property was the latest and greatest when the hotel was built but as time marched on our guests wanted another design so Hilton changed the building layouts over the years.
We consistantly exceed the brand average for satisfaction scores for our breakfast, I am sorry your expectations were not met.
Thank you for taking the time to write the review, I tryuly appreciate it.

Russell Brown