WINNER WONDERLAND

“Comedy / Room / Package” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center

Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #53 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Most people who travel with their pets do not look at them as a dog or a cat. I for one look at my 1 1/2 lb brussels Griffon GIGI as a member of my family she is my daughter. With that being said I book a stay at this location in Jacksonville as it was a "Pet Friendly" Hotel. I checked in late in the evening and came into the lobby with gigi in my arms. Checked in at the front desk was given the keys to my room amd directed to the very back of the building where the front desk clerk said were the pet rooms. We drove around to the back of the hotel and found our room. We went down had breakfast in the restaurant and then went back got GIGI and brought her down to the conference center for the day. At the end of the evening as we are finishing up our event and getting things together to leave our little Gigi had become ill. I was in the hallway of the conference on the phone with the her Vet and giving her honey (as she was having a low blood sugar episode) During this event I was very rudly interrupted by a person who was cleaning the ballroom across from where I was in the hall way. He yells to me "Excue me mame you are not allowed to have pets here this is a food service area!" as I am still on my phone in the middle of a cnoversation I say to him "excuse me? What do you mean?" he says again ver rudely " you know pets, cats, dogs, that IS a dog isnt it!??" At this point I hang up with the vet and ask him why he would be saying that as I had booked a room here with my "PET" because it was a pet friendly location. He proceedes to tell me t"hat is just for the room you stayed in not in the hotel!!" I then tell him that his is very rude and I do not appreciate the way he is speaking to me and that I think it is rather ridiculious that I have had her here all day as many workers for the hotel have come by and no one said anything until him. He then says well the DOG is not allowed here. So I proceeded to walk out and then this worker tells me to get out of the hotel and called me a jerk in front of my kids!! I will NEVER stay at this hotel again they are not PET FRIENDLY!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business