“Great stay and super comfy bed”

Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #36 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
A Wyndham traveler
LAKE CITY
Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,119)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I came to Jacksonville this past Thursday for my brothers funeral and although I found you lobby area nice, my room was not clean and had a definite urine smell. Although your in-room literature said that you serve breakfast lunch and dinner, I could not find the dinner hours listed. I went at the dinner hour and was told by the desk that it is open only a couple times a week. After the Thursday evening funeral viewing, I returned to the bar anxious to unwind only to find that it too was closed. I was sent to the comedy club and, although was not particularly in the mood for comedy, I did watch two ok acts in order to get a couple of drinks. The fried cheese was excellent! Apparently you don't have nighttime security because I was awakened several time by the 3 bus loads of partying Marines who were staying over. Your desk did nothing about the noise. Finally, the next morning, I skipped my shower before the funeral because I didn't want to get dirty in your bathroom! The morning breakfast was very good.... Thanks for that!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Fred P, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

It seems that in your opinion we failed you and for that I am truly sorry. You can see by the many individuals who have commented about us on tripadvisor that we do what it takes to make our guests happy. I will work on your comments and I hope you will give us another chance to show you that we listen.
Sincerely Yours,
(904)694-4320

Reviewed November 9, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was in a great location, safe and clean. I travel quite often with my friends and we are always looking for hotels and hotels that we can stay at again when we return to the areas. This is the first trip we have made to the Jacksonville area and we will be visiting the area again and will more than likely stay at your hotel again. It was a pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Fred P, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for being our guest and letting me know about your stay. We will continue to work hard to live up to the things you as a travler have brought forth. Please let me know if I can help on a future travels to Jacksonville.
All the Best,
General manager
(904)694-4320

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Nice Rooms and facility., although the closet was extremely small. Be sure to get a better location for your room. We were located near the stairway and vending machines. The room was the noisiest I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Fred P, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your respones regarding your stay here at the Ramada. During our ongoing renovations we will take a careful look at the closet and see if we can increase the size. We look forward to your return trip back to Jacksonville.
All The Best,
fpozin@jaxramada.com

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The facilities look nice from outside, but rooms need some repair. Bathroom door couldn't close; toilet seal was old and cracked; our room was beside a 'permanant resident' with two dogs that had to go out at 5:00 a.m. We had asked earlier about the pet 'odor' in our room, but was assured no pet had been in there. Though they had many unoccupied rooms, they did not offer to exchange our room. The breakfast bar is EXCELLENT. Good choices and good service. Rooms just need a thorough 'going over'.

Room Tip: Check the assigned room over, first.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate the time you've given to give us your thoughts about your most recent stay. We do take our guest comments and make changes accordingly. We have just installed new flat panel TV's in all of our rooms to continue our improvments per our guest suggestions.
We are a pet friendly hotel, and as a dog lover I always appreciate those folks who travel with their pets. I do apologize that the dogs next door were not as well behaved as yours and mine. That is the risk we take in our pet friendly rooms. I did send you a personal note and hope you will come back again and stay with us soon.
Sincerely Yours,