“Owners Need to Reinvest in Cleaning and Updating!!”

Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #38 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The TV, AC and breakfast were the only redeeming qualities of this hotel. The room wasn't as clean as I'm used to (aka, the bathtub was dirty, the carpet needs to be replaced, and the linens need to be replaced.). Also, the service from most of the employees was disappointing - excluding the servers/waitresses and one lady at the front desk. The business center is completely UNRELIABLE and the computers take at least three minnutes to upload even one page of the internet. The computers and internet (business center AND room) are too slow need to be upgraded to match today's need for reliable computer and to conduct business.

The only areas that seemed to boom with business are the "Comedy Zone" and the restaurant where you eat the breakfast buffet. But the "Comedy Zone" is adults only comedy when I was staying there with my family, which was not good considering you could hear the crude jokes throughout the lobby/restaurant area. I cannot speak for the conference rooms, but I sincerely hope the rooms are nice areas.

I sorely wanted to give a great review for such a great breakfast, but I cannot lie about how I found the hotel lacking in important qualities such as cleanliness and reliable WIFI/computer usage. The rooms are also connected, I think for bigger parties, but its not safe-feeling when the folks on the other side are trying to figure out how to open the locked door in their room.

Some more good thoughts: great location, next to I-295 and shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lizzie g
pozinf, Owner at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

I appreciate your comments and you are right about re-investment in the property. Last year alone we spent a quarter of a million dollars on the property. This year we will be upgrading our wireless system in order to take on the heavy traffic created by the vast amount of customer downloads. In addition we have been replacing all linens with new higher thread count linens. Based on your comments we are going to speed up that process.

We don't apologize for having the top rated Comedy club in north Florida. Our club brings in the top rated comics from across the nation including names like The Wayans brothers,Polly Shore, kris Kattan and Larry the Cable Guy.
Thank you for your comments on our breakfast which our customers continue to compliment us on.I will pledge to you and all of my guests that we will go out of our way to make your hospitality experience in Jacksonville a positive one .
Owner/General Manager
Fpozin@jaxramada.com

There are newer reviews for Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights, never again!!
Noisy rooms, On the days I could sleep people were slamming their doors because they are all warped and you need to close them hard, on the one day it was quite the front desk called and woke me they called the wrong room thought I was someone else(thanks)

My desk was in the corner so it was hard to eat or just relax and watch TV. Speaking of which NO premium channels (HBO, Showtime etc) Don't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel without at least 1 premium channel?(1980 maybe!!lol) That would not have mattered if the internet wasn't slower then dial up, I could barely get emails, let alone actually work on the computer so that left me to watching re-runs. They do offer a nice buffet style hot breakfast complete with servers to get your drinks and help you (don't forget to tip) This hotel is outdated, overpriced and over rated!!!If you need more then 1 night, Go elsewhere you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank traveling_frank
pozinf, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

I appreciate you sharing with me your suggestions to improve my hotel. After reading your note I placed a call to Comcast in regards to going beyond our 100+ channels digital service and inquired about the premium channels. In addition we tracked down the culprit that caused the slow internet speed in the area you were staying and got that taken care.
We know that we are not the newest property in the market but we are the only hotel with the same caring management and ownership for over 25 years. We do care and look forwrd to your return visit to see the improvements you suggested.
Warmest Regards,
fpozin@jaxramada.com

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I do a lot of traveling for business, and the Ramada Mandarin has the best employees and service. Not to mention its a great location off of the freeway and the food is fantastic. They go out of your way to make your stay a pleasant one. Outstanding Value and the thing that impressed me the most was that all of the same employees were still there after a year.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We just stayed at the Ramada Conference Center for three nights and held a Doll Show in the Mandarin Ballroom. Everything was excellent and all of our folks who stayed at the hotel enjoyed their stay, the food, and grreat service. I can't brag on the hotel and staff enough. We have booked a return Event at this great hotel. All of our Attendees said it was very easy to find and they're looking forward to our next Show here. You can't beat the value, service and great staff to work with. Try them, you'll like them too.

Room Tip: All of our rooms were great. We had folks in every building.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
pozinf, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

We really appreciate having the Doll show with us. It is always nice to see our large conference facilities filled with nice people such as yourself. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit. Feel free to call upon me if I can ever be of help.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I come to florida every year to bring my mother to see her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I do not like to stay with family, so for the past 3 years I only want to stay here. The service is great, breakfast is great, the pool is great, my sisters and family come to visit me here. I am trying to rebook again for this June for a stay of 2 weeks. I will NOT stay anywhere else

Room Tip: My favorite rooms are pool side inside the secured courtyard
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to tell the tripadvisor family about your recent stay. In speaking with a guest this morning at breakfast they stayed last night because of your kind comments and agreed with you about the great breakfast and the terrific stay.
My staff and I believe in the old fashion meaning of hospitality and we appreciate your loyalty over the last three years.
All the best,

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I've been staying here at the Ramada Conference Center Mandarin now for the last 4 years. I thought it was about time I gave a review.
I stay at the Ramada on average about 3 to 4 times a year anywhere from 1 to 3 nights.
The rooms are always clean and well kept and the staff is second to none!
My most recent stay was the last week in January. As always upon check in all I had to do was sign and head to the room. The key was waiting at the desk with the room I requested. How much easier can it get after a day of travel!
I headed over to the bar to grab a quick bite and then retired for the evening. In the morning I had breakfast at the buffet before leaving and as usual everything was great.
I'll be back again in March and have already made my reservation.
I would definitely recommend staying here at the Ramada!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
pozinf, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you for your loyalty and the kind words about my staff and property. My staff and I come to work each day with the mission of making each of our guests happy. We never forget that we are in the hospitality business and I you are our guest. We look forward to your return in March and will have the key ready upon your arrival.....

fpozin@jaxramada.com

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is the second time I have traveled to this hotel. We purchased the Comedy Zone package. Everything was fabulous. Our room was clean and comfortable. The dinner was good. The food was much better this time then when we stayed a few months ago. The comedy zone was fun. The breakfast was Ok. We've haven't had the opportunity to have a room that faces the pool area but I think I may request this next time. The bartender provided great service and was friendly. I had a great little vacation.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
pozinf, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

It brings a lot of joy to my team and I to know that our Comedy Zone Package with the overnight stay gets better each time. We work hard to bring in the best Comedy talent from around the country, combined with the best crab legs in Jacksonville to make our package a success. We hope you will put a 3rd visit on the calender and let us know what we can do to make it another memorable visit.
All The Best,