“Great place to stay convienient location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center

Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #45 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Apopka, Florida
“Great place to stay convienient location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is a great hotel for business or pleasure. Comedy Club and food is outstanding. We hold our monthly sales breakfast meetings there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pozinf, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank You for giving us an opportunity to show off our Southern Hospitality. My 80 person team works hard to show our friendly smile with a warm welcome. The Ramada is here to not only help with your overnight stay but to handle your meetings from 3 to 300. We appreciate and thank you for your business.
Warmest Regards,
Fred Pozin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

It is not often that my Husband and I get a night away from our 5 small children. Well Grandma & Grandpa could tell that we needed a break and offered to let the kids have a slumber party at their house. We were so excited...we didn't know what we were going to do. My Mom suggested this hotel because her and my Father used to go quite often for the weekend couples get-a-way package and they always talked about what a good time they had. Well...we jumped at the chance...even though it wasn't the weekend. We booked our room over the phone, got a great deal on a room, check-in was super fast. We went to the Comedy Zone located inside...for FREE! The show was great. We swam in the pool that was very clean and beautiful...our room was very clean and roomy. The free breakfast in the morning was the BEST! We will definitely be back and next time we are bringing the kids...EVEN THOUGH WE ONLY LIVE ABOUT 15 MILES AWAY... We work from home so it's nice to get out of the house. We could not believe we got so much for such a great price. We have told all of our friends about it and this will definitely be our "GO TO" place when we need a break and some relaxation. Check-out was awesome, the staff was so friendly...we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pozinf, Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
We are glad that we could be that oasis away from home for the night. We love the kids and play host to many families but we also enjoy the opportunity to allow adults the time to escape and enjoy a little laughter. In the world we live in today a good meal and a night of laughter without getting in your car and driving home is important. Give our Comedy Zone Weekend package a try the next time.
With great appreciation for the business,
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

Travelling to Jacksonville for a funeral we needed a hotel in the Mandarin area and the choice was between the La Quinta and The Ramada. We chose The Ramada based on Trip Advisor reviews and also thought that since it cost more for a room, it would be better. Boy, were we wrong...

From the dark and tired looking lobby the entire facility is in need of renovation and updating. We had Room 128, on the ground floor in the back of the building. It was very small with one upholstered chair. Upon entering, we found a huge dead winged insect on the carpet. At least it was dead...Being close to the floor for bug disposal I noticed the dirt and grime accumulation in the corners of the room. The desk surface was scratched and worn. The TV was ancient. The "white" popcorn ceiling was yellowed, cracked and patched and was "shaded" with either the remains of leaks and/or mold. Owing to these first impressions, I became even more wary of the cleanliness factor, so I carefully inspected the bed linens and mattress which passed inspection. The dust ruffle on the bed was wrinkled and uneven. Later on we discovered the pillows to be rock hard. The sink had crack marks near the drain and the bathroom door was covered with accumulated mold. We would have demanded a refund and left immediately were it not for the fact that we arrived in the evening after a 4.5 hour drive and had to be up early the next morning. The next morning I went to blow dry my soaking wet hair and the hair dryer wouldn't work. I called the front desk and a workman quickly brought a portable one in working order. I then tried to make a cup of coffee with the in-room coffee maker and discovered that it was missing the sleeve into which you place the coffee envelope, so that too was broken. After loading our bags into the car we decided to relax a few minutes before leaving for the funeral service. The door was closed (but not locked). A hotel empolyee (not a maid) suddenly walked in without knocking and startled us. He apologized profusely. I filled out an opinion card and dropped it at the front desk before leaving. I would like Ramada management to remediate the situation we experienced with a full refund but considering our experience with this outfit I strongly doubt that will be forthcoming. My advice is to avoid this hotel and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: My advice---stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
pozinf, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
It goes without saying that we dropped the ball and did not provide in this room the quality that you are looking for. The issues you brought forth have been addressed and I apologize that you had to encounter any problems. We did try to speak with you once we recieved your comment card but you had departed. In addition we tryed to give you a refund but because you booked through a third party we were unable to accomplish that task so we e-mailed to you a complimentry stay. Thank you for letting us have the opportunity to improve and feel free to call me at (904)694-4320 any time I can be of service.
Fred Pozin

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

Marianna, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

I have been coaching cross country and track & field since 1986. I have taken my teams on many overnight trips. Finding a good hotel at a good price makes the trip much more enjoyable. I first stayed at the Ramada Inn Conference center back in 2000. I have stayed there multiple times over the last eleven years. I will not consider staying at another hotel if we are near Jacksonville. The rooms are very nice. The breakfast is out of this world and very convenient. The staff goes out of their way to help you.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

This was a absolutely great stay, we were just looking to get away for the night! I found the booking through the the comedy zone, this was our 5 year anniversary we live in Lake City, fl not to far away from Jacksonville but far away enough from home! Dinner was absolutely wonderful, I was a little leary of "Buffet" However this was the most amazing buffet i have ever had the crab legs were to die for!!!!!!!! The Prime Rib was mouth watering, and thats alot for me to say because i am not a meat eater, but it looked so delicious i tried a piece!!!!!!!!!! The staff were great very polite, friendly and eager to answer any questions! I will definately do this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: book with this hotel and comedy zone
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pozinf, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
My team and I do appreciate your kind words. We strive to go the extra mile to provide quality guest service. We are not always perfect but we will admit when we drop the ball and will go the extra mile to fix it.
Thank you for letting us serve you........
Owner and General Manager
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

This is your basic hotel-I was there for one night to check out some areas because I was looking to moving to Jacksonville. All the staff were so accomodating! The breakfast buffet is totally worth it!! I was asked how my stay was, offered bottled water to leave with...just very genuine people that work here, and it made me definitely want to come back!! You could pay to stay at a top of the line resort and have all the great amenities, but then have crappy customer service and it would ruin your stay....so why not pay less, and receive the best customer service!! It made the short stay I did have very enjoyable, I will be back!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank dgal718
pozinf, General Manager at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell the story of our customer service. I believe my team members are the nicest people in the hospitality businees. I also feel that I have the nicest guests that stay with me. We look forward to the opportunity to serving you again in the near future.
Sincerely Yours,
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

Traveling home from Orlando, we stopped and spent the night here. Hotel was nicer than what we thought. For 60 bucks we had a nice room, nice tv, there is a Bar in the hotel lobby that was nice and the check in and check out process was simple and quick!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pozinf, Owner at Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Thank you for your kind words, my team and I work very hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible. If I ever can be of service to you in the future feel free to contact me directly at (904)694-4320.
Warmest Regards,