“Very Great Experience”

Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #70 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked the two room suite for 09/13 and just regular room 09/14. The check in experience was great, I came in very early on 09/13 and was allowed to check in before 10AM (i called ahead to check if room was available). When I arrived and checked in I was told there was still breakfast left and I was welcomed to it. The breakfast which came with the room was for the next day, so basically they were offering to feed me for free.

The room was VERY clean, from the kitchen to the bathroom, they set the room temperature just right for my arrival. I really had no complaints about anything as far as the room goes.

I booked a smaller room for the second night because I was using an e-certificate from Marriott and I could only use it for the smaller room. I packed up and went to check out of the first room and check into the second, however the front desk clerk told me that he would upgrade me for free if I wished to stay in the same room. Needless to say I accepted without hesitation. I was thinking this was convenient for them so they wouldnt have to fully clean the room. However, when I came back to the room later that day, they COMPLETELY cleaned up the whole place and even changed the bedsheets (I walked in as the housekeeping staff was still working on it). I was very impressed. Even the housekeeping person (unfortunately I do not know her name, but a younger Asian lady) was very pleasant and friendly. I was waiting outside while she finished her work and after she did she came to tell me that she was all finished.

The value I got for $ at this hotel is far above my expectations, I paid 160-170 for the first night, but it was like a two bedroom/two bath apartment, not just a room.

I did not use any services or anything else, so I cannot comment on them.

Room Tip: Corner suite I was in was very quiet, but frankly speaking for the two nights I stayed there I only...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jay G
Bob A, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you very much for the nice comments! Were glad you enjoyed it here!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a one bedroom room with a pullout couch, which worked well for 2 adults and 2 children. There was one bathroom, and although 2 bathrooms are always better, you deal with it. It had a kitchen area with a table and any needed cooking utensils and pans, full refrigerator, stove top, microwave, dishwasher, and 2 tvs. We only stayed for two nights, so didn't cook in the room. There are plenty of restaurants in the area and a complimentary breakfast every morning in the main building. The breakfast was good, not just continental. They have a pool and jacuzzi, which we enjoyed, and then drove to the beach on the last day after check out. If you want more than just a hotel room, the Residence Inn is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Bob A, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much! Im glad you enjoyed your time here!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

For the last several years we have traveled to Jacksonville for business we always stay at this Residence Inn. All the staff is wonderful and friendly every visit. Jerry at the front desk always greets us with a smile and a warm welcome and his service extends above and beyond to be sure our needs are Met. The lady that provided the breakfast was very nice and accommodating. Keep up the great work, we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Im glad you enjoyed your stay here, thanks so much!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

On a recently family trip to Jacksonville, we decided to stay at this property because of family setup with Kitchen and TV's and the close proximity to the beaches. Upon checking in, we realized the suite didn't have two queen beds (my mistake) and they quickly offered a roll away bed as an option. The manager Jerry was listening and offered us a 2 bedroom suite that had just opened up at the same price to make sure our stay was comfortable. Breakfast food is above average and they keep it well stocked for later AM arrivals. I've visited other properties and breakfast options are cleaned out by 8:30. Not the case. Rooms are good quality with a few updates needed in the kitchen area, but nothing major. Overall great stay and will visit again for work and pleasure trips.

Room Tip: Our room was on the back of hotel, next to interstate. Road noise was a little loud. Ask to stay o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patty M

Thank you so much, we'll see you next time!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I highly recommend this Residence Inn. Our family of 3 adults stayed here when my husband had an appointment at Mayo Clinic. The two-bedroom suite was clean, comfortable and met our needs perfectly. The location couldn't be beat with St. Johns Town Center just a short drive away. However, since it was raining both evenings we were there, we just stayed at the hotel and ate at the Manager's Reception. The pulled pork sandwiches were delicious and hit the spot! Freshly-baked cookies each night were also a nice touch! The staff was very professional. They were helpful and actually seemed to like what they do! We are returning in two weeks for another Mayo appointment and already have our reservations to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PogoFlorida

Thank you for the nice comments! We appreciate you!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had such a marvelous stay at this hotel. I was traveling with my young son and a friend with two small children. The staff kindly upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite, where we all had ample room. We had welcome goodies in our room, the room was equipped with a full kitchen and living room. We were there for several days and felt all the comforts of home. The staff was wonderful, my children began to recognize many by name. The general manager, Bob, was there every morning and evening greeting guests and helping to serve food. He was extremely professional and created a wonderful environment for all of the guests :) We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Bob A, Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Were glad you enjoyed your time here, thank you so much!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our stay here was most pleasant. The staff, including housekeeping staff was very friendly. The two bedroom suite was consistent with other Marriott Residence Inns but bed linens newer. Bathtub needs updating and overall water pressure needed to be stronger.

• Stayed: June 2013
Robert A, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice comments! We'll see you next time!