“Nice Stay”

Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast
Ranked #66 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed November 5, 2008

Stayed at the Courtyard for one night.

Upon check-in I was given a room that had been cleaned but looked as if someone had gone back in and used it (soap and washcloth used, remote on the sofa). Being a female traveller on my own, that is disconcerting, so I asked for a new room. The gentleman at the front desk was very kind and helpful and I was promptly moved.

The rooms look as if they have been recently updated. There was a large flat screen TV and the WIFI connection was good. The bathroom was large with a corner-round whirlpool tub (odd as standard).

The next morning I was given a free breakfast to make-up for the room the night before, which was a nice touch.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank ashavor

Reviewed March 31, 2008

I checked in to the Courtyard Jacksonville Airport for 1 night stay in March 2008. One of the Managers actually checked us in . He was very warm , accomodating, and definitely a plus to this hotel. Upon checking in our room , it was very cold. The air was running on high. We tried to turn the heat on , and couldnt get it to work until we "jiggled" with it for a while. Once the room got warmed up , it began to be a little too warm for my taste. I tried to turn the air on . The air did not want to come on . My friend "jiggled" it again and it didn't come on. We reported the problem to the front desk , and 7 hours later no one has come to the room , no calls from the front desk. I am very disappointed in that. The room is now comfortable now that it is later in the evening , but its unfortunate that nothing was done to correct the problem when we asked for it. With that being said, everything else with the stay was wonderful. The evening shift was attentive at the front desk , and we had dinner at the restaurant next door. All in all , a pretty good stay with the one exception.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night on January 25, 2008. The hotel itself was nice and clean. The staff was very nice and cordial. I would stay at this hotel again if I were to visit Jacksonville.

The only negative I have about the hotel is the shuttle from the airport took forever. This shuttle does service several other Marriott hotels right near the Courtyard so if you don't catch it right when you get off the plane you might wait 30 mins or more. We waited in the cold for a long time a decided to catch a taxi to the hotel. The taxi fare was right under $9.00 for the 6 minute ride.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig B
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Stayed hear after landing at the Airport. About two minutes away from the Airport. Clean and great for the price. Breakfast was well done and reasonable. Pool and Hot tub in great working order.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2007

We recently stayed here after coming off of a late flight into Jacksonville. The hotel is very close to the airport- less than a 5 minute drive. The front desk staff was very pleasant. We were given a room on the 2nd floor (226). The room was large and nice enough for a one night stay. The bathroom appeared to have been remodeled, and the bedding also seemed new. The other furniture does not seem to have been replaced. The toilet was on its last legs, but we didn't make it an issue since we were leaving the next morning. The room served our purpose well as a quick stop after flying in. We aren't so sure how the area around the hotel is- the hotel is gated and there was a security guard in the looby. Our rate (only $89) included the breakfast buffet for four. The buffet is pretty basic, with sausage, potatoes, biscuits, cereals, pastries, yogurts, etc. but includes an omelette and egg station which is nice. Overall, we had a nice stay at the Courtyard and would return again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank mrg013
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Hotel was in great condition and room was clean. Had a late arrival and staff was very nice. Nice fruit bowl on the check in counter. Staff allowed us to swim after hours which was great after a long drive. I will stay here again when I visit Jacksonville.
Robert, Lawrenceville GA

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2006

Stayed at this property for two nights in fall of 2006. I stayed on the second floor that the previous reviewer complained about. Evidently, the Hotel haas gone 100% non-smoking and the rooms comppletely remodeled. There was no hint of smoke. The room was clean and very well decorated. Bathroom was VERY clean! It has the toilet and bathtub in an enclosed room, and the sink in a semi-enclosed area. The cost was $89 per night for the standard room and $104 for the room with breakfast buffet. However, there was a sign that said you could purchase the buffet for $7.95, so it seems as though it is cheaper to buy it yourself. An important feature for me anymore is to have wireless internet in the room, and the Marriott provides that. Customer service was flawless. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo