“Bad Experience”

Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast
Ranked #65 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the hotel several times now on business trips, and each time I've had a bad experience.

On my first visit, there was a significant amount of mold growing on the shower liner.

On another visit, there was a small
Cockroach in my bathroom sink.

In my most recent visit, there was a large palmetto cockroach under my bathroom sink.

Each time I was told it related to changing weather conditions, and there wasn't much they could do. I was offered alternate rooms, but told it probably wouldn't make a difference. They called the pest control company.

I wouldn't even be posting here, but it's becoming a pattern, and I would advise against staying in this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Jerod A
Bill B, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Jerod A,
Thank you for voicing your concern. I again apologize for this inconvenience you experienced while satying with us. As I previously mentioned to you, this is certainly not indicative of the high service standards that we strive for nor you have become accustom to with the Marriott Brand. luckily, this seems to have been an islolated incident as we have not seen a rising trend regarding our pest control. I again sincerley apologize and hope that you will be back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel could use an update. While the lobby has been "refreshed" with modern look and decor, the rooms could use some attention. The room and hallways had a musty smell. The air conditioning was old and rattled. The furnishings were worn and not very comfortable. The mattress was old and springy, with small pillows, and did not make for a restful sleep - I have had my share of comfortable plush Marriott beds and this was definitely not one of them. On the positive, the staff were nice and there are plenty of nearby restaurants. If I had to do it again, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear EricG123,
Thank you for your review. On a positive note, I am glad you found our staff helpful and friendly. I will be sure to share this with our team as it is always an encouragement to hear. I apologize the room was not to your standards and always seeking ways to improve our guest experience. Thanks again for your feedback and certainly hope we will have an opportunity to accomodate your traveling needs in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had been through the process of a overseas move via Virgin to Jacksonville and on out today. Ive used Marriott for a reason over the years in my career and they did not disappoint. Many thank you's to the ladies who worked the day shift! I have work retail, sales and customer service on a National level and they were awesome! By the time I reach there I was mentally wiped out they helped me find transportation after dropping my car for shipment, find food, arrange for the shuttle for my super early flight and finally helped me when I needed some last min office services to get me out a jam. Thank you again and glad I chose Marriott again.
Jayson M.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Jayson M,
Thank you for your kind review. It is always great to hear about positive feedback regarding our staff as we pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Thanks again and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

A very friendly staff offering a very clean night's stay close to the airport! Very friendly and accommodating to it those staying! Offered to take us directly to the airport, so we did not have to wait for their hired shuttle to get to the hotel! What great service!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and large!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill B, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear 720MarkW720,
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you found our staff friendly and accommodating. We look forward to having you with us in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night, for a meeting. I booked a top floor king room with whirlpool tub. We arrived early, around noon, and just thought we'd see if early check in was an option. The front desk staff was very helpful and offered to check. There was one room clean to which we could be switched. She just needed to get the room inspected. Within a few minutes, the room had been inspected and we were checked in. On our way to the room, we saw housekeeping staff in the hallway. They greeted us and were very welcoming. The room was clean and looked good. It had a small balcony and a small couch. The bathroom was clean, but it was a bit odd with the whirlpool tub and shower combo. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The next morning, we walked out of our room and heard a dog barking in the room across from ours. I asked my wife if she had heard it in our room. She hadn't. And neither had I.

All in all, this stay was very positive. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the room was nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank scottpeth
Bill B, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear merscooter,
Thank you for your positive review. We take pride in our service oriented culture and will be sure to share your comments with the team. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We often visit Jacksonville to see family, and stay the night before we leave at an airport hotel. At this hotel, after we returned our rental car to the airport, we called and waited 45 minites for the hotel shuttle. then the printer was not working for us to print our boarding passes. The staff did print them for us, but all this took far longer than we had hoped. Finally, in the morning, I found the staff left 2 bottles of conditioner and no shampoo. There are many airport hotels. We will think again before staying at this one.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank VisitoftenJAX
Bill B, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear visitoftenJAX,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Courtyard Marriott Jacksonville/Airport. We certainly value your business. I apologize for the lack of services provided and am looking into how we can better improve the quality of our services that you experienced during your visit. I am happy to hear that the staff members you ecountered during your stay were helpful and friendly. I hope that you will be back in the future to see our improvements as the issues you experienced are not indicative of the high service standards we strive for. Thanks again, and look forward to your return to Jacksonville!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We usually stay at this hotel when we have an early morning flight out of Jacksonville. During this visit, we left our car during the trip to Hawaii. Check in was a breeze. Got a room right away, no upgraded room but that's okay since its only for one night. Arranged for early morning pick up to the airport. Although the hotel doesn't start their own service until I believe 6am, they contract with a shuttle service for earlier pick ups at no cost to the customer. But you need to make certain you allow additional time since they pick up at numerous hotels. Room was clean, typical courtyard set up. When we returned from our trip, their shuttle driver picked us up. Couldn't have been more helpful and courteous. Very nice young man. Absolutely no complaints on this trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill B, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear jlt54,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us. I am happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and will be sure to share your comments with the team. I look forward to meeting you upon your return.