“Good Clean Hotel”

Ranked #25 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
NC
“Good Clean Hotel”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hotel is being renovated (would have been nice to know prior to travel. No noise issues, as most of the renovations are now finishing up in the lobby area. Everything was cleaned up each am and the breakfast area was set up well. Rooms are updated / new .... clean and functional. Staff was freindly and accomidating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are glad that your stay was still enjoyable despite the ongoing renovation which by the way is in its final stage. We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Often it's the small things that make a hotel a great place to stay, in this case the on-site laundromat, the free shuttle service to the local mall and restarurants, and the entire staff of friendly and caring people. The shuttle pick-up from the airport was prompt and courteous. The breakfast buffet offers scrambled eggs, ham or sausage, creamed beef, fresh fruit, cereal, yoghurts and a good selection of bread and rolls. The location is an easy walk to numerous restaurants. Cleanliness is one of its priorities. Have stayed there many times and have never been disappointed. Recommend the King Suite if available, as it offers plenty of room for work and relaxation. Oh, and did I mention free internet? Just another benefit of this great hotel.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms on first floor are quiet as they are away from the pool and jacuzzi.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments on behalf of the entire staff of our hotel. We appreciate your repeated business and are looking forward to continue on delivering exceptional service to you and all of our valued guests!
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stay at this Fairfield Inn when we pass through Jacksonville. It is an older hotel but the staff there is exemplary! When I stayed there with my family this past weekend, I was pleasantly surprised at the updates. Brand new decor throughout. Now it doesn't only have great personnel, the rooms and the ambiance is wonderful as well. Good job!!

Room Tip: Have never been unhappy with the room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the great ratings and for your feedback! We are pleased to know that you found our new product attractive and that in addition to our outstanding customer service we are hopefully on the way to perfection 
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were staying at this property while visiting family and sightseeing. We have been on the road all month and have stayed at many hotels during this trip and this is by far one of the best ones. Check-In was very pleasant, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The only real problem I could see with the room was that when we pulled the sofa bed out there were no sheets on the bed which for me was a little disturbing. Other than that, an excellent room. I did notice that the hotel was under construction and can not wait to come back and see the new look next time were in Jacksonville. I had woke up late and was trying to rush to the airport and make my flight back home. The front desk clerk, Candice, was very helpful in getting us to the airport fast and even left the desk to take us herself. Service is A+ here and the staff was just wonderful. Thank you all for a wonderful trip back home!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the great ratings and kind words! We regret that we are unable to make our pull out sofas ready to be used ahead of time due to brand standards, however please note that we will gladly have a team member ready to set that up for you at your future visit. We are excited to let you know that we already have rooms available with the new product so please come and stay with us at your next visit to Jacksonville. Feel free to reach out to me directly and I will gladly assist you with making your upcoming reservations.
Markham, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family and I had reason to stay at a hotel near Jacksonville Airport on the night of March 16. I chose Fairfield Inn based on my experience at other locations in the US. However, this location did not fit the bill.

For those of us who are used to a certain standard when staying at a Fairfield Inn, this hotel will meet your expectations in some areas. The staff was very welcoming and helpful as they assisted us in finding a bottle opener/corkscrew and with printing our boarding passes. The breakfast was standard Fairfield quality including the usual hot and cold food. The breakfast staff replenished items as quickly as possible.

It’s in the room that the standards fell short . . .

When you walk into a Fairfield Inn room, you typically see crisp, white sheets and pillows. They are usually so inviting that you can’t wait to go to bed. At this location, the sheets were old, wrinkled and looked tired. The pillows were lumpy . . . the lumps being visible through the very thin pillow cases.

The bathroom was old-school style being divided into two areas. The toilet and shower/tub were in one room and the very small sink area was separate. I have not seen this type of bathroom set-up for a very long time. The way the sink and closet were situated, you couldn’t help buy brush back sides with anyone who was hanging up their clothes. Cute, but not particularly romantic when you are rooming with your brother !

The in-room chair had a leg so badly broken/repaired, I was afraid to sit in it. Not to mention, I would not have had room for my legs because there was so little room between the chair and the bed.

The worst part of the room? The VERY THIN walls. In the adjacent room was a family with a young baby. How do I know this? The baby cried at 11PM and 5AM. The walls were so thin, we could hear the parents speaking to the child (word for word). It was as if the crib was less than a foot from the head of my brother’s bed, with no wall in between. In fact, it seemed that the family was departing at 5AM as we could also hear drawers opening and closing as they packed their bags.

Just after getting back to sleep at 6, a group of travellers started their motorcycles and revved them several times before departing the parking lot, which was just outside our window. This proved that not only are the walls thin, the windows are as well.

Also, I can’t remember the last time I stayed in a hotel with no room safe.

The good news? We did not hear any airplanes departing or arriving at Jacksonville airport.

I can only speculate that Fairfield Inn took over another hotel property and called it their own. All I can say is, put a rush on the upcoming renovations and I hope the plan includes some structural changes along with the cosmetic ones. Until this happens, I will not stay at this hotel nor can I recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The walls are so thin, I'm not sure there is a good room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We regret that we didn’t live up to your expectations even thought our staff was welcoming and attentive to your needs. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you back as we already have rooms available with the brand new look. Feel free to reach out to me directly so that I can assist you with making your upcoming reservations.
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stay at Marriott hotels whenever we can. There are several at the JAX airport. We've stayed here several times. The Fairfield is a very nice hotel, with a very nice staff. No complaints. Room was a good size for 3 people - two queen beds, spotless, $99 rate on a Wednesday night. Free shuttle service to the airport. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Katerina O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and for the great ratings! We are very excited to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning. We appreciate your business and can’t wait to be your host while visiting Jacksonville in the near future.
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a great hotel for an overnight stay before or after flying in to Jacksonville Airport. Rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. They have a great free breakfast in the morning to get you on your way. It's what you'd expect from a Fairfield property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for the great ratings! It has always been a pleasure to serve our customers and we are delighted to know that we have met your expactations.