All reviewsjacksonville airportfront desknext morningearly flightwafflesthe breakfast areanight stayconvenient locationfresh fruitspacious roomhot breakfastfree breakfastfirst floorup to datestaff was friendlyshuttleayub
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This hotel is a great stay for an early flight out of Jacksonville. Unfortunately, the air conditioning does not offer a fan setting, thus not assisting in canceling out unwanted noise. As a result, only when the air comes on to cool do you avoid children's arguing, television, shower sounds, etc. With the assistance of earplugs, I was able to get to sleep. Also, the great breakfast offered is cutoff at a somewhat early 9 am.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DogAgre
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We are home based travel agents and booked this hotel for a group that were going on a cruise out of Jacksonville. We had 61 rooms the night before the cruise and we advised the hotel that some of them would be driving and coming in early. It was a disaster getting everyone checked in because the hotel was totally unprepared for a large group. Some of our people waited 2-3 hours for a room to be ready. No one welcomed us or said they were glad we were there.

The staff was not friendly to a large group. The hotel was adequate and clean and the staff in the breakfast room were very friendly and helpful.

We were assured that they could handle a large group and arrange for transportation to the cruise port. We had 120 plus people to be transported to the cruise port. The hotel arranged transportation through a taxi service and we were taken over in taxis two or four at a time. The taxis would come in and call out names and if no one answered, they would just leave. The same back to the hotel after the cruise. We have had large groups before and the hotels always had buses for transportation.

The property was adequate, but we would not advise taking a group.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were moving to Florida for our retirement and planned to make the trip from Maine in two days on the second day late afternoon we were at Jacksonville and tired so we decided to find a hotel we came off the exit and found Fairfield Inn the person at the front dest was as freindly as if we had known here our whole life. She spent a lot of time telling us to leave the car and walk to get something to eat and what price range we wanted came around the counter out the door and pointed to a place one block away. The next morning we went for the continental breakfast the person servicing it was even more friendly and waited on us as if it was full service and not just us everyone that came into the breakfast got the royal treatment. I have been staying at hotels for business for over 40 years and this one was the best service I have ever experienced they should get an award and I am sure they do.

Room Tip: The person behind the counter will give you what you need my wife a diabetic and she gave a room with refrigerator for insulin.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I booked this hotel at the last minute on my Mariott app on my phone. Got a good price in the the right place. Hot and heated pool were a bonus. The front desk staff was very friendly as was the one helping with breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DiverRN
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I found this hotel and was able to use points from previous Marriott stays so I can't comment on value. I initially thought transportation from the airport to the hotel, the hotel to the port, and port back to airport was included, but on checkout was charged $20/person for this service. However, that is a lot cheaper than the cruise line tries to charge you, and also cheaper than a taxi I believe. The hotel itself is in a nice area. You can walk to Ruby Tuesday's or some other nearby steakhouses. The hotel was clean. Our rooms was a little bit outdated but was clean and comfortable. We did not hear other guests, so it was a quiet sleep at night as well. Check in and out was extremely easy and quick. The breakfast was very nice. I was impressed by all the choices. The woman working the breakfast room was very helpful to everyone. She did a great job and it was obvious she is working hard to please the guests at the hotel. The transportation provided to the cruise port and back to the airport was quick and easy. The shuttle service arrived almost right away after we called, and it was also there on time for departure to the cruise in the morning. I would recommend this hotel for a stay before a cruise to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family