“Cecil is a manager that knows customer service!”

Days Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #56 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Georgia
“Cecil is a manager that knows customer service!”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Our group stayed here the night before a cruise out of the Jacksonville port. Our room was comfortable, clean, and a great value. I was happy with the experience when we boarded the ship, but it was after we returned that the customer service really shined. Apparently there were many people taking the Best Western shuttle back. Instead of packing us in like sardines or making our group split up and wait for another shuttle run, Cecil (the general manager) actually drove two of us in his personal car back to the hotel. This goes above and beyond expectations. Cecil really does want to make sure the hotel guests are taken care of.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank draco31061

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bristol, TN
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Well what can I say the lobby was clean. Rooms far below standard in fact I'm surprised Best Western has their name on the hotel. Smell was musty, carpet passible, the worst towels I've ever felt in my life. The towels were more like a loofah than a bath towel as it was worn out and stiff as a board. As soon as we checked in I reported the hair dryer not working and as late as checkout no one ever came to check it or replace it.

Stayed October 2009
boston
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Room not very clean and did not smell good. I was very disapointed because I thought Best Westerns were a good hotel.After walking across carpets our feet were black

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I stayed her last night prior to boarding an early-morning flight out of JAX.

As I was checking in last night, I asked about the complimentary breakfast. The front desk clerk, who was nice enough, explained that they had continental breakfast starting at 5 AM and then a full, hot breakfast at 6 PM.

This morning, at 5:15 AM, I went to the front desk and checked out. Afterwards, I went over to get someone to eat at the breakfast bar. Suddenly, the front desk clerk bolted from behind counter and positioned herself between me and breakfast bar and adamantly declared, “Breakfast doesn’t start until 6 PM!”

I politely explained that the clerk from the night prior said that a continental breakfast was available at 5 AM. She simply stated a little louder, “BREAKFAST DOESN’T START UNTIL 6 PM” as she guarded the bar like a Fort Knox guard protecting gold bullion.

So, I said, “I guess I can’t just grab a bran muffin to go, huh?”

Now, she became agitated and yelled “BREAKFAST DOESN’T START UNTIL 6 PM!”

As, I walked away, she went on some silly tirade about how they had just had a staff meeting about breakfast didn’t start until 6 PM. As she babbled, she repeatedly and passionately pointed to a sign that gave the breakfast hours. She was still blabbering about the breakfast starting time as the automatic doors closed behind me.

It’s difficult to describe how impassioned this clerk was about the breakfast starting time, but suffice it to say it was downright bizarre. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Okay, I get it. No breakfast until 6 PM. No exceptions.

Oh, the room was dated and needed upgrading.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank mespy
Dorsten
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Close to the Interstate, and with a friendly staff though it was late at night, this was a perfect stopover for our journey from Florida to NYC. The rooms were a bit dark, but he, it was night and this is not the kind of hotel you spend two weeks in.

The hotel was a bit above the typical fare, and of good quality. Regarding the price we paid, there was no reason to complain about.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Bloomington, IN
Reviewed June 5, 2009

There was a group of 20 of us that stayed at this hotel the night prior to our cruise departure. We were picked up at the airport and shuttled to the hotel. The hotel staff were all very nice and friendly. As soon as we arrived, Cecil Grant, the hotel manager, told us that he would arrange special transfers to the port for us, so we could travel together as a group. Cecil met up with us an hour or so later at the pool, and told us that he had all the arrangements made and that he would give us our departure time the next morning at breakfast.
The hotel had a nice enjoyable pool. There is a convenience store with a Subway restaurant right across the road if you want something to eat within walking distance. The hotel offers a free shuttle to a nearby mall. The mall has lots of restaurants, stores and a Walmart.
The hotel offers 24 hour complimentary juice, coffee, cappuccino and hot chocolate. They offer fresh baked cookies starting at 5 or 6 pm for a couple of hours. We were going to the mall and my son was concerned that he might miss out on the cookies. Cecil overhead our conversation, pulled my son aside, nicknamed him "cookie monster" and told him that when we got back, he would have some special cookies just for my son. When we returned, the front desk clerk asked my son if he was the cookie monster and pulled out a bowl from behind the counter with 3 chocolate chip cookies!
The next morning while we were enjoying the complimentary continental breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, toast, danish, cereal, biscuits, fruit, etc.), Cecil started making announcements coordinating port departure times. He was beyond organized. We were all amazed at how smoothly he made things run. Not only that, but he was very personable and made us all feel really special. A couple members of our party had driven and were told that they could park their vehicles in any parking space they wished. That gave them peace of mind feeling that their vehicles were safe and secure while they were on the cruise.
When we returned and disembarked from the ship, Cecil was in the port parking lot waiting on us!! Once again, transfers were a piece of cake. While we were waiting on our larger shuttle van to arrive, the hotel van pulled up to pick up more passengers and passed out complimentary bottled water and cans of soda to all of us who were waiting. Unbelievable customer service!
I highly recommend this hotel. Every member of our group would not hesitate to stay here again. If you are looking for a hotel with port transfers, definetely consider this hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank travel4fun044
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I stayed here because they provide a free shuttle service to the airport, rather than paying $5.00 day in long term parking.
I go to roomsaver.com and get a coupon for only $49.00 night.
On my return from my trip, I simply called the hotel and they picked me up @ 1:00 am. And I drove home.
The staff are very courteous and helpful - from directions, to when the Jacksonville Zoo opens.
As mentioned in other reviews, they have free internet, computer in the lobby.
The hotel was renovated about three years ago, and the rooms are very nicely appointed.
My shower head did not work properly, and when I called, the maintenence guy came up within 10 minutes and fixed it.
Great breakfast; waffles, sausages, all kinds of fruit, etc. You can't go wrong with this place and great location for just hanging in Jacksonville. I am very picky and I was very pleased with the accomodations. (and I did not detect any signs of bugs etc. The manager said they have an on-going rotation for pest control in all buidlings.)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo