“Highly Recommended!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
WAYNE
“Highly Recommended!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel both pre-cruise and post-cruise. I booked the cruise package the night before and used our Best Western points for the post-cruise night. We flew in from West Virginia the evening before our cruise. Called the hotel from the airport and only had to wait about 10 minutes for the complimentary shuttle. The room was nice enough and featured a flat screen television, refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, and iron and ironing board. The high speed internet was a little slow, but adequate. The room also contained a desk and a separate table with plenty of outlets and lighting. The shower was fine. On cruise day, we ate at the free breakfast which included cereal, danish, make-your-own waffles, hot eggs, sausage, yogurt, juices and coffee. Very nice. The shuttle picked us up shortly after 11:00 and delivered us to the cruise terminal where we went through security, picked up our sign-sail cards and walked straight onto the ship. After our cruise, we carried our luggage off the ship shortly after 9:00 a.m. and walked out the sidewalk to the Best Western sign where the shuttle was waiting. We were transported back to the Best Western and were allowed to go ahead and check in even though it was only 11:00 a.m. I tried to print out boarding passes on the computer in the lobby for our flight the following day, but had problems (computer needs to be updated - Windows Vista - really?). The desk clerk was kind enough to print our boarding passes for us so we were set. We walked a few blocks to Ruby Tuesday for lunch. There is also a Subway and Waffle House across the street. If you are really daring, you can cross the traffic to the Denny's, but we didn't chance that. There is a large mall on the other side of the interstate, but there are no sidewalks and we didn't want to walk in the street so we just stayed in our room and repacked for the flight and watched television. Shuttle to the airport on flight day was easy. I do so recommend this hotel and will stay there when next we sail from Jacksonville.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Westlake, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

No real complaints about our quick overnight stay here. Carrie, at the front desk, was very pleasant and helpful at check-in. The room was fine and comfortable. A/C ran quietly enough to not affect sleep. No cleanliness issues. Decent free breakfast. Overall, a good value.

luckydog702
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very nice clean hotel. The staff was very helpful at check-in and friendly I would stay there again when visiting. The have an Amazing breakfast buffet It was very Easy to find off of the interstate and close to everything. There is even a water park nearby(we did not visit that). The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The air conditioner work great, I was a little worried about that since it was really hot when we got there but it kept the room comfortable. I would recommend this Best Western if you are visiting Oklahoma City. The do have a pool but we did not use it.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

As I enter the hotel to book a room the receptionist was rude. The room stunk and did not have a cozy feel to it. The pool was filthy with leaves bugs etc. Which disappointed my children. The electricity went out for 20 mins. Breakfast was served too early 6 am causing us to miss it. And we were not even informed about the time of breakfast.

1 Thank Diane L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had read some reviews that were not so good so we were a bit worried about how the hotel would be. I must say I dont know why your hotel was given bad reviews. The compliants of mold, mildew, bad ac in rooms ect. These were unfounded when we arrived and stayed. I was very happy with the service cleaniness. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And the cookies in the lobby after 6 30 well that was just the icing on the cake. I would stay here again and would recommend to others as well. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Lobby is nice but the people at the desk almost wouldn't let me stay here (I even had a reservation I made online) because I wasn't 21!!! Never heard that before but finally they let me in. Earlier than check in time which was very nice since I had no where else to go. The room is fine. Beds are super uncomfortable, very hard and the toilet has some brown rust stains. Not attractive.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My boyfriend has been in the Army for about a year-and-a-half now, so we've stayed in countless hotels...we figured that this wouldn't be too different.
Checked in at 10 p.m. and realized that the room wasn't getting any cooler...the a/c was hardly blowing any air! Went to the front desk and politely asked to be moved to a new room. Tried out the second room, and it wasn't much better. This began to frustrate me since I had already paid $65 for one night...for a hot room? Once again, I went to tell the lady at the front desk and her and another co-worker acted as though I was this delirious customer. The a/c in these hotel rooms completely suck...hardly blowing any cold air! We were moved to a third room that was slightly better, but still disappointing. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013