“Lovely Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel
Ranked #36 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago when it was a Holiday Inn and really liked it. I'm not a big Holiday Inn fan, so I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed there because it was close to the airport, and since I was alone and it was late when I arrived I wanted a restaurant with room service. It was nice, it was convenient, the room service dinner was delicious, and the service (especially the young man who picked me up and took me back to the airport in the free shuttle) was excellent.

Because of my experience there 2 years ago, my husband and I returned last week to stay there the night before our flight out of JAX. It is now a Crowne Plaza (still part of the Holiday Inn group). It has been remodeled and updated, and it's beautiful. The rooms are lovely and the beds are comfortable. The lobby is gorgeous with a nice bar, and a pool that is part inside and part outside.

We had lunch the next day before our flight, and it was delicious. But best of all, the service was perfect. The two ladies who were taking care of us were both so friendly and very efficient.

The hotel is very close to the airport - maybe a 10 minute drive, and very easy to find (good signage).

Our only complaint and the reason I dinged the "cleanliness" rating is because although I'm sure our sheets were clean, there were a couple of little red spots on my husbands side of the bed (that looked like blood). It made my husband uncomfortable enough that he placed a towel on the sheet and slept on top of it (we felt it was too late to have someone change the sheets). Needless to say, sleeping on a towel did not give him a good night's rest before a long trip home. It may have been nothing, and perhaps if we called the front desk, they would have had someone change the sheets, but we figured it was too late. Our suggestion is to get rid of sheets that have stains on them.

One recommendation for dinner is the Mill House Restaurant very close by (recommended by the hotel). Casual place with very good food and a full bar.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2010

I stayed in a double room. The beds were plush and very comfortable. The room was immaculate and very quiet. All the staff we met went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable, including holding our luggage while we were at the all day Writer's Bootcamp on Saturday. The meeting room was well set up.

The cyber cafe /coffee shop was excellent, and Lorraine took extra care of our thirst for more coffee. Only down side, the coffee bar closed in the early afternoon. We had a hot buffet lunch, with fresh cooked veggies, great meat, and a huge salad bar. All in all, this was a great location, and I'd like to return there next year for our event

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FloridaEllenB
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Beautiful location and public areas. Room reeked of mold and mildew. Note, I am not one to complain but this was bad. This is the first negative review I have given a hotel. Room smelled if not cleaned in weeks. Pillows were the worst smelling. Dehumidfier needed in this room. Also had to wait on staff who was in the "back office" on both check-in and check-out. Just is not Crowne Plaza quality.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed two nights to attend my friend's 50th wedding anniversary celebration. The hotel is beautiful, trendy, and an excellent place to stay. I was told that it had been a Holiday Inn and was remodeled and became a Crowne Plaza a few years ago. We have stayed in a lot of hotels across the country and I can truthfully say that this was among the best. We had excellent accommodations and would book there when we go back to Jacksonville, Fla.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flyinghigh2
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I have stayed at this location quite a few times when it was classified as a Holiday Inn. The new renovations fully upscaled this hotel, to a Crowne Plaza, did wonders for this place.. The lobby is clean and gorgeous. Having a lounge which offers food service past the restaurant hours is a great convenience and a necessity. Food and service was excellent. The addition of a Bistro Internet Cafe is awesome. However, this cafe had all computers not working. In other words, no business center available. At least to be fair, there was a person trying to repair the computers. In addition, Bistro Internet Cafe closes at 12 noon for food service. Would be wise to have this open all day for quick snacks and coffee. I took advantage of the pool which was clean and warm. Towels were available by the pool. To reenter the lobby, must use room key to open door. Took several attempts for the buzzer to work properly. As for the rooms, they look great but not perfect. Upon entering, there is no closet to store your luggage. A curtain is used for a closet door. The bathrooms are small. In addition, the television was not working. Since I did not intend to use the televsion, I did not inform the Front Desk and forgot to tell them upon check-out. All in all, a great and relaxing place to stay but still in the works of fine-tuning.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Jax airport several times over the years. The service has always been great and now the rooms match the great service!
They were renovated this past winter and the rooms are nicely decorated, theyve all got nice new furniture and the beds are very comfortable. Wireless is complimentary, its nice to have both the indoor and outdoor pools, I often dine at their restaurant, The Savannah Bistro and i also take advantage of their free shuttle to the airport.

Its a great property with good amenities, close to shopping and the airport. Always my 1st choice when flying out of Jacksonville

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This newly remodeled hotel offers modern clean rooms with flatsceen TVs, nice soap and shampoo, very comfortable beds and many other hotel amenities. It has a fun Internet cafe, innovative indoor/outdoor pool, wonderful food and a conference center. The highlight is the hotel's restaurant, Savannah Grill. Every Friday night they offer all you can eat Alaskan Crab dinners! It is a great deal. Also, the crab bisque is the best my husband and have every had. The breakfast buffet is also good a little pricey at $12.95 for what you get. We always have a fantastic meal here. The staff is also very welcoming and courteous. This hotel even allows dogs up to 40 pounds with a $50 non-refundable fee. Great place to stay. We like to include this hotel in our travel plans.