“Nice Hotel Pool”

Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel
Ranked #43 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stayed one night in Jacksonville, front desk staff was great! My kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool. Nice accommodations, Very comfortable. Next door is a dunkin donuts; small but quick good service....

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mike g
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments regarding our hotel. We are glad your kids were able to enjoy the pool during your stay as well as Dunkin Donuts!

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

best hotel for travel great local restaurants and shopping close to the air port with free pick up and drop off. great food and eazy check in and out.
best over all staff they are there for you at every turn.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank frank l
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. We appreciate your nice comments and I will share them with the staff.

Our location is great and the River city Marketplace offers over 100 shops and restaurants is only minutes away. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Crowne Plaza JAX is convenient, close to the airport, I-95, shopping and restaraunts. This was a pleasant stay with a friendly staff Especially Corine and the reception desk. I had to extend my stay and Corine was able to put me in the same room, with no hassles. Thank you

Room Tip: I have stayed at the Crowne a few time and enjoy the 2nd tower
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard E
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. I will share your comments with Corrine's direct supervisor as well as Corrine.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay here July 2nd - July 4th. I was meeting a friend and the room was booked under their name, umfortunaty due to Hurricane Arthur and flight cancellation they were unable to make it in the first night. The desk staff was very accomodating and gave me a room that night that I paid for and then switched to my friends name for the second night. All done with a smile. All of the staff I encountered was the same way. My room was spacious and clean, the lobby area was gorgeous. Plenty of seating for small groups to sit and talk. I had dinner at the bar the first nightand room service for lunch the next day. Food was good, service was quick. They have an internet café whete you can grab a light breakfast but it's only open until 10 and the bar doesn't open until 2. They do have a sit down restaurant that I did not go into that I believe was open longer, but other than that there is no food to be found. No vending for a bag or a candy bar for a snack, soda only, and that is my only complaint. If I'm ever in the area again I would stay here for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel.

Our staff at the hotel takes great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize their efforts. Below are the hours of operations for the restaurants:

Savannah Bistro: 6am - 2pm
Biscotti's Café: 7am-12pm
Rainforest Bar: 2pm-12 midnight

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Mark Kane, General Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2014

From check-in till checkout, we had a great experience at this airport Crowne Plaza. The front desk employee was smiling and informative about the property, the room was clean and properly stocked and the executive floor lounge was comfortable and included ice cream confections.

Room Tip: Building two executive floor was a great experience.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. All of our rooms are the same except the Executive Level has the addition of lounge and complimentary refreshments; glad you got to experience it.

We always strive to provide a wonderful experience, great service and a welcoming environment for our guests.

Thanks again for contacting us. We appreciate your business and value your comments.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I've stayed at this property many times over the past couple years. I have always found the rooms to have too little lighting and the lighting to be insufficient in the bathrooms at this property. While it's never been a great place to stay, it has been good; and the service has been very good. Their airport pickup has always been prompt. The property has always seemed to be fairly well maintained and clean. The price has always been good and the location works well for me. They offer free wifi. It has a lot going for it. This time, I had a few issues.

I walked into my room and it was warm. The thermostat showed 75 degrees. This is not uncommon for hotels, so the first thing I do when entering a hotel room is drop the A/C to 68 or 70. The A/C didn't sound like it started to cool at 68, so i dropped it to 65. The sound changed, like the compressor was engaging, so I left it. It sounded like the compressor kicked off after a few minutes and started to blow ambient air. I dropped the temp to 60 and it kicked on again. Upon returning to the room, after 8 hours of being set at 60, it was 70 in the room. The room temp was acceptable, although I would have liked it to be cooler, so I didn't mention this until checkout. The front desk staff did say they would get it checked. This really wasn't a big deal, but became a bigger deal as the experience continued.

My second issue was noticed when I tried to turn on the TV. The remote had no batteries in it and no battery compartment cover. I went to front desk and was given another remote. Staff being a little more observant could have prevented me from finding this.

The third issue was found right before stepping into the shower the next morning. I always set a towel out before my shower so that I don't drip water all over afterward. There were no bath towels. I did have two hand towels. I decided that two hand towels would suffice, and would be much better than getting clothed and waiting for towels or walking down to the front desk. Once again, being more observant could have prevented this.

Upon checkout, I told the front desk staff that there were no bath towels in my room, and that I had to use hand towels to dry off after my shower. She apologized. I also said that they may want to check out the A/C because it didn't get as cold as it usually would. She said that she would note that.

I rated this stay as poor, because there is no rating between poor and average; and I wouldn't say that the stay was average. Fair would probably be a better word to describe my stay. Business will bring me back to Jacksonville. I typically stay at Marriott branded properties, with this being about the only non-Marriott property at which I stay. Unfortunately, I am not sure if I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay.

We take great pride in our hotel and I personally went and inspected the room you were in. We understand your disappointment and appreciate you bringing these items to our attention.
In our effort to improve the overall quality we have taken the room out of order and our maintenance department is working on it.

I can promise you that the highest quality standards will be met in the future because protecting our reputation in the market is a key priority for us. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result.

We appreciate your comments and hope that you view this as an isolated incidental and give us another try.We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Again, we appreciate your comments.

Mark Kane, General Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed my first night the night before our cruise. My husband has stayed with them before when attending school for work. This place is very clean, organized and the staff is very helpful, friendly and professional. I would def recommend staying here and I will stay again. Food was also excellent!

Room Tip: If you smoke they do have smoking rooms. Not many places still do
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel.

You are correct, our staff does take great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. I have shared your nice compliments with our Food & Beverage Managers as well as the Chef.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you guys back in the near future.