“Nearly perfect airport hotel”

Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel
Ranked #41 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great rate on this hotel due to my friend's veteran widow status....$80. Great customer service at the front desk and in the restaurant. In the lobby bar, not so much. Indoor and outdoor pool. Free breakfast in the restaurant was quite good...ordered not off the buffet. Convenient comfortable shuttle to the airport. It is a nonsmoking property though there are plenty of shady, covered areas outside for those that smoke. The bathroom showed a little age in the bathtub, but the room overall was just right for two. Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillow choices. Other than the lobby bartender, a great experience. Will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review. We appreciate you taking the time out of your business schedule. I will share your comments with our stay and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Mark Kane

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This had always been our "go to" hotel to stay at the airport the night before we fly out. I called today to make a reservation and was told that they were in the process of becoming 100% smoke free, so smoking on the balcony would not even be allowed and there would be a $250 fine. Too bad, now we have to find another convenient airport hotel, we really did like this place.
I gave it one star because I feel this policy change is "terrible"

Room Tip: No more smoking rooms.
Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of changing our one smoking floor to non-smoking. We do not have as many smokers these days as we have had in the past.

We still have a limited number of smoking rooms available which are poolside now. Until we get the inventory updated in the systems please call the hotel directly to make any future reservations for a smoking room.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you decide to come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Unfortunately, it is no longer. I stayed here three weeks ago and my experience was phenomenal as usual, (please see my previous review for this property). I called last week to book another stay and was advised they no longer have smoking rooms. I understand that 100% smoke free facilities are the "in thing" for some chains but this is highly disappointing. Crowns Plaza has lost my, (and I am sure others), business and I have lost one of my favorite places to stay. I booked two rooms at my old standby, (Hampton Inn and Suites), and was content. I am sure the Hilton chain is reaping in the benefits of others who refuse to accept all customers - smokers and nonsmoker's alike. I grate this establishment 4/5 for non-smoker's and zero for smokers as we are no longer welcome here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you smoke. I reccomend the Hilton chain but there are others who allow smoke...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Reviewed August 22, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank W Leland N
CrownePlazaJAX, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was very impressed with the lobby, the indoor/outdoor pool, rooms were nice but small. Bathroom was on the smaller side as well. However, pleasantly surprised for a airport hotel. I would have given them an "excellent" rating except we stopped at the lobby bar last night for a drink before turning in. There was a young girl bartender who was just down right miserable! With maybe 6 other people at the bar she was short and snippy with a couple of them, we almost felt as though she was giving us dirty looks but we decided she was just miserable and didn't hide it well. For a nice property like that, I would suggest not putting someone who has zero people skills in the middle of a lobby bar.

Room Tip: Ask to reserve a room in tower 1. It's just closer and more convenient to everything.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. The hotel takes great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done.

There is no question that the service did not meet the very high standards our customers have come to expect and should continue to demand. In our effort to improve the overall quality of our service, I have met with the Food & Beverage staff to addressed this issue. I can promise you that the highest quality standards will be met in the future. Again, I apologize that your trip ending on such a sour note.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice over a two week period. Hotel very nice and was lovely and quite - just what we needed after a long flight. Used the free shuttle service at 4.30am on our return flight - great service and only 5 mins to airport. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review. The hotel is perfect for many things and especially for early flights. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and utilized some of the amenities we have to offer.

Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We recently drove from Pennsylvania to the Florida Keys. Our first stop was in Jacksonville. This Crowne Plaza is very easily accessed from route 95. The lobby is open and inviting center-pieced with the hotel lounge and open eating area near the pool. The kids loved the pool! The pool was very unique, it is one pool that is both an indoor and outdoor pool connected by a glass wall that comes down to the waters surface. You can swim underwater (for about 3 feet I think) from the indoor pool and then surface outdoors! The restaurant was nice, my highlight at dinner was the crab soup. The low light was the crab cake; too much filler not enough crab. Breakfast was a buffet; average but good. We were just passing through but enjoyed the friendly service, beautiful atmosphere and convenient location and will keep this place in mind next time we come through this area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel.

Our staff at the hotel takes great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize their efforts. We are very proud of all the wonderful renovations that we have done including the pool.

Please be assured, we take your comments seriously and that we will make every effort to see that the concerns you raised are addressed. We always strive to provide a wonderful experience, great service and a welcoming environment for our guests. When we fall short of that goal, we want to know about it. Thanks to feedback like yours, we can address problems quickly. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads who oversees this area and his management team, for review of your concerns.

Thanks again for contacting us. We appreciate your business and value your comments.