“Enjoyable stay”

Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel
Ranked #36 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Staff was wonderful, as my first room had too much air freshener for me. They moved me immediately. Food and service in the restaurant were good. Nice hotel. Super staff. Room was roomy and sunny. Attended a three day convention. Facilities were very nice and staff was helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank going_going_going
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel.

Our staff at the hotel takes great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize their efforts. I will make sure to share your comments with them.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you guys back soon!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We just started using this hotel for our stays in Jacksonville. We use to be downtown on the riverfront and I was a little disappointd tha we moved to the airport for our short stays. A co-worker of mine had stayed at this hotel about 25 years prior and he remembered it as a Holiday Inn I believe. We arrived at the hotel rather quickly from the airport, the nice van driver was waiting for us which was a huge plus in my book. The hotel decor was nice and modern and fresh. The check-iin agents were pleasant and in very good moods. Our room keys were ready for us and all we had to do was sign in. There is a full restaurant and bar in the hotel, we didn't eat there the first night as we got in late but we partook in a "client banquet" that the hotel was putting on the second night as a way to say thank you their clients. The food was wonderful and well prepared and the alcohol was free! We had an awesome time at the reception. The wait staff was friendly and social and the bartenders kept our drinks stocked.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Crowne Plazas seem to have a mattress that fits me well and I always sleep well in them. The bathroom was spacious as was the shower. We were in the "tower" part of the hotel which is seperated from the main building by a glass walkway so it was very quiet. USA Today's were provided for all the rooms in the morning which was an added bonus. The lobby also had coffee available in the morning for us and the other guests.

The only downside to this hotel is the lack of quality food around. There is a Longhorn Steakhouse and a Chilis a short walk away and a Waffle House right out in front but that is pretty much it. If you are just using this hotel as a rest stop before departing on a flight it will fit you just fine. If you are planning on staying for an extended period you may want to book a hotel down on the riverfront as there is much more to do and see.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower section as it is more restful because it is away from the bar and restau...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. You are correct, our staff does take great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done.

What a great time we had at the Kentucky Derby party. We are so glad you were able to partake in this annual event. Our beds are one of the amenities that our guests always rave about.

Although I would have to disagree with you on the availability of restaurants and things to do. Our location is great and only seconds from the Rivercity marketplace with over 100 shops, restaurants and a movie theatre. You should take advantage of this during your next visit.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

While I haven't stayed at your property yet - It was your knowledgeable, courteous Front Desk attendant that solidified my booking at your hotel.

I had a lot of questions and as an in-experienced traveler - she took the time to answer each and every one of them (over all 4-5 phone calls)

Of course I wished I could remember her name now - because she is most defiantly the reason we booked with your property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your nice comments.

You are correct, our staff does take great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done and I know you will as well.

Our location is great and convenient to many things. The Rivercity Marketplace offers over 100 shops and restaurants and is only minutes away.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your visit.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have been staying here for seven years and we are looking for a new Airport Hotel. The room was 64 degrees when we checked in. I adjusted the settings and asked for 73 degrees. Four hours later we were up to 68 degrees. Then we went to dinner. The restaurant was freezing. Came back upstairs (after paying $74.00 for 3 drinks, two bowls of soup, one order of wings and one shrimp cocktail) and it was up to 69 degrees. Four hours after check in and the thernostat was up 5 degrees? No more. We switched the thermostat to heat and set it on 72. It is the only way to regulate the room temperature. The restaurant has always been cold. Guessing the employees running around control the thermostat. Loved it before....not great today.

Room Tip: Move on down the road............
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dmanleyLeesburg_IN

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are sorry the hotel did not live up to your expectations.

If you could please send me an email to tell me what room you were in so we can have engineering check the thermostate to make sure it is working properly. Please be assured, we take your comments seriously and that we will make every effort to see that the concerns you raised are addressed. We always strive to provide a wonderful experience, great service and a welcoming environment for our guests.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I believe that this is my third or fourth stay at this property within the past year or so. I was assigned a room in the 2nd tower, executive level. I walked into my room and it was cold. This is a good thing to me, as my first move when walking into a hotel room is usually to the thermostat. My room was clean, as in my previous stays. This seems to be an older property but it has been well maintained. The lobby is nice. The bathrooms could use some TLC, though. Some of the shower grout is showing its age. I still say that the lighting in the rooms could be improved. Its location is convenient to the airport. The hotel offers free shuttles, but I chose to walk to River City Marketplace instead.

Overall it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel.

Our staff at the hotel takes great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize their efforts. We are very proud of all the wonderful renovations that we have done. I know that our bathrooms are next on the list and we hope to

I was pleased to see you upgraded to the Executive Level. Our lounge is very comfortable and offers all the sweet treats and specialty coffees....what a nice touch!

Again, thank you and we hope to see you guys back soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Typical older airport hotel that has been given a facelift. The hotel is kept clean and the rooms are comfortable. The staff is quite rude at times, especially the maid staff. They are extremely loud and don't honor the, "do not disturb" sign. I have stayed there many times and have had the maids knock on my door numerous times even after I told them I would be leaving hours later. They constantly let the doors slam when they are cleaning a room. It's not hard to put a towel in the door so it doesn't slam each time they enter or exit a room. The front desk staff is hit or miss. I have experienced great people and really rude employees at the desk. The internet cafe is nice and has great coffee. The woman who works there most mornings is very nice. The gym is very nice. The pool is both indoor and outdoor and is nice. It's kind of wierd to have a pool in the lobby though...... Lots of restaurants close by, many within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done.

We apologize for the noise caused by the doors shutting in the hallways and the early knocks on your door. Please be assured, we take your comments seriously and that we will make every effort to see that the concerns you raised are addressed. We always strive to provide a wonderful experience, great service and a welcoming environment for our guests.

Biscotti's, our Internet Cafe is very comfortable and offers all the sweet treats and specialty coffees....what a nice touch! Although you may think it is strange, our pool is one of the most used amenities in the hotel.

Thanks again for contacting us. We appreciate your business and value your comments.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a nice property that has gracefully aged. I have been stying here off and on for 15 years and the service is always excellent. The rooms are are a bit small but they are very clean and the furnishings are in great shaape. The grounds are well kept.

This is a very good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!