“Very nice affordable hotel close to the airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel

Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel
Ranked #34 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Very nice affordable hotel close to the airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had stayed in this hotel before they converted from Holiday Inn to Crowne Plaza. The transformation was amazing. Public areas were elegant. They have a pool that is half indoor and half out. Rooms were spacious. The bathroom was a little small. Nice amenities, I.e. large flat screen, Keurig-type coffee maker, very comfortable bed. Room was very quiet. Service at check-in was excellent. Convenient to both the airport and new shopping area (River City Market) with quite a few eating establishments.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mrpgator
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. You are correct, our staff does take great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize this. We, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations that our owners have done.

Our location is great as you mentioned. The Rivercity Marketplace offers over 100 shops and restaurants is only minutes away.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Mark Kane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Dinner was very good. This week I had traveled from New Orleans to Jacksonville eating at restaurants along the pan handle. Dinner here was by far the best.
I was annoyed during check-in only because there were 3 people working, two were on the phone while one was checking people in. Not once were any of us who were waiting ever acknowledged. The staff otherwise we're all very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank surfsalot2009
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay.

I have shared your nice compliments with our Food & Beverage Managers as well as they Chef. Knowing the wonderful food that comes out of New Orleans says a lot for our Chef.

We apologize for any inconvenience during your check in process. I have met with the Fronk Desk Manager and can assure you this will not happen in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here twice, with 10 days between visits. I figured that I'd wait until after the second visit to review this property.

My first stay was good, but I found the room to be rather dimly lit. I had to iron black pants and found it very difficult to do so. The bathroom was also not illuminated very well. I found that removing the shades over the bathroom lamps helped greatly. The room was 72 degrees when I arrived and I lowered the temp to 67 degrees. After 14 hours, the temp only got down to 70 degrees. The staff were very helpful. All in all, the stay was good.

My second stay landed me in the second tower, in the Executive level, or whatever they call it. The room was nearly identical in layout to my previous room in the first tower. This room seemed to be better lit, and had an additional light mounted on the ceiling. The lighting in the bathroom didn't seem any different, but removing the lampshades made it better. The A/C in this room worked much better - the temp got down to 68 degrees within a couple hours. I only interacted with the staff at check in and check out. They were helpful at both times.

There was nothing extraordinary about either stay at this hotel and that is why I gave it an average rating. I didn't have any issues and the rooms were what I expected. Both times, I took advantage of their airport shuttle. This property isn't really within walking distance of very much.

I would consider staying here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank scottpeth
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay.

We understand your disappointment and appreciate you bringing these items to our attention.
In our effort to improve the overall quality we have taken the room out of order and our maintenance department is working on it. Our hotel uses warm white bulbs in order to be more green.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Again, we appreciate your comments.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times within the last year. Every time was fine up until now. The cleanliness just isn't what it used to be. Double bed room was left with 1 towel. Used shampoo bottle still in the bathtub. The sink had not been wiped down (spots all over the sink and faucet). The room also had an overpowering air freshener smell. The staff was apologetic about it, but there needs to be some sort of inspection done on the rooms before they are rented out.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay.
We understand your disappointment and appreciate the inconvenience this must have caused you. There is no question that the service did not meet the very high standards our customers have come to expect and should continue to demand.

In our effort to improve the overall quality of our service, I have met with the department heads and can assure you that we have addressed each issue. I can promise you that the highest quality standards will be met in the future because protecting our reputation in the market is a key priority for us. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result.

Again, we appreciate your comments and hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Around the World
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

You know how when you sometimes go to a hotel and the experience makes you want to never travel again? You know...you go check in at the front desk, and the representative acts like they don't want to be there, nor do they want you there? Then you go to your room and see a problem, and have to fight tooth and nail to change rooms or be compensated for your inconvenience or just upset? Then it never seems like the sheets are changed, the food is cold and sub-par. At the end, you just want to leave the hotel and you're so ticked off that you wonder if your next purchase should be an RV?

Well, none of that happened with this hotel. :-)

First, after an intense, scary, and traffic-ridden 10-hour drive from Virginia, I walked in at about 5am in hopes to be able to rest after my travel. I didn't have high expectations of being able to check in early...and planned to either crash in my car until the afternoon, or just pay for the extra night. I was really tired.

*Mr. Harlan* at the front desk assuaged any concerns I may have had. First, he was ultra friendly at 5am. I mean...surprisingly friendly and comforting. He quickly checked me in--and even better, didn't make it into a huge deal at all. He initiated small talk and let me know I was good to go. This *never* happens. Good hotel stay or not, I never realized how much it means when the person behind the counter is genuinely friendly. IT HELPS. A lot.

I had another situation arise concerning my bill, and again, the woman behind the counter (from the Virgin Islands) assisted me with friendliness, comfort, and all that jazz. Usually a problem with the bill results in some sort of attitude. Once its fixed, a representative may just hand the bill back, wordlessly--making me feel ashamed to mention anything at all.

Once again, this did not happen. She seemed eager to fix my problem; as if it were no trouble at all, water off a duck's back. Again, pleasantly surprised and very happy about it all.

I only stayed a couple of nights. I didn't use any restaurants in the hotel, nor did I swim in the pool. The lobby is magnificent, with small bars and restaurants. Looks very chic. I saw a small gym, but never used that either. The fact that pets are allowed is a plus; internet is free and FAST...another plus since I was also trying to do school homework.

Another great thing about the hotel is it's proximity to major highways, restaurants and shopping. There's a Wal-Mart, nail salon, well-lit gas stations, and major shopping chains very, very close--no searching necessary. The Waffle House was not open yet, but it looked pretty nice and fresh. The Dunkin' Donuts opened early (5am), but the Subway next door closed at weird hours...probably due to lack of customer patronage.

I think the fact that the area is building up all the shops and restaurants may prompt Crown Plaza Jax Airport to do a major renovation on it's rooms and floors. Then it will always get that excellent rating!

Otherwise, I'll still visit this place--customer for life! Thanks!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor in proximity to the doors; I was also able to see my car parked outside...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JBijou
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. We do have some great employees and I am glad that you recognize this. I will definately pass along your nice compliments.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon!

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great location. Very close to airport and not far from shops and a few restaurants. Im a sucker for Cracker-barrel and it was down the road. Plus i LOVE dunkin donuts coffee in the morning and there is one in walking distance.

Hotel is VERY clean and welcoming. The front desk was easy to check in and out. Would definitely stay here again if I needed something close to the airport.

Only comment i would add is that this is not a 4 star hotel. More like a low 3 star based on decor, newness, amenities. However it does not take away from the fact that it was an enjoyable 1 night stay before an early flight out.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CrownePlazaJAX, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. You are correct, our staff does takes great pride in our facility. Us, along with our guests, have enjoyed all the wonderful renovations the owners have done.

Our location is great as you mentioned. The Rivercity Marketplace offers over 100 shops and restaurants and is only minutes away. The hotel is a great place for a Stay and Fly opportunity.

Again, thank you and we hope to see back soon! Also, the hotel has a 3 Star/3 Diamond rating.

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel was once a Holiday Inn. Granted, it was at the upper tier compared to most other Holiday Inns at which I have stayed. This is the same chain but with a new face and finishing. This hotel has earned the right to be called a Crowne Plaza. The employees are proud of it and rightly so. Easy access to JAX airport and a relaxing, full service hotel. What’s not to like?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel.

Our staff at the hotel takes great pride in our facility and we are glad that you recognize their efforts. We are very proud of all the wonderful renovations that we have done and the hotel.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you back soon!