“Good Comfort Food”
Review of Potters House Cafe

Potters House Cafe
Ranked #402 of 2,075 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed November 26, 2011

On Saturday afternoon we went to Potters House. My husband had the smothered pork chops with yellow rice, corn, macaroni and cheese and cornbread. The pork chops had a great flavor and were small-boned and not fatty but the gravy was too peppery for his taste. He indicated that the corn tasted like frozen corn which was fine by him since he prefers it. The highlight of his meal was the macaroni and cheese because it was very cheesy and smooth. I had the chicken tenders, fries, macaroni and cheese and cornbread. Everything had a great flavor especially the macaroni and cheese and the chicken which was made from really large chicken tenderloins and not pieces of chicken. Unfortunately, I did not leave any room for dessert but the pieces of hummingbird cake and red velvet cake looked delicious. The iced tea was average, neither good nor bad. The only stumbling point to our dining experience was that I had to wait about 10 minutes for my chicken and fries so by the time I received my entree I had already eaten the other side items and my husband felt guilty about eating his food while I sat waiting on mine. The servings were plentiful and the price was reasonable. The atmosphere in the bistro was open with plenty of room and everyone was helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Kerry500