“Awful”

Studio 6 Jacksonville - Baymeadows
Ranked #78 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I thought the rate was good (under $50 for a night) and wasn't expecting anything more than a clean room to sleep for a night. Yikes! It was a "non-smoking" room that wreaked of cigarette smoke. The upholstery was so filthy I didn't dare even sit in the chair. The bathroom looked like it had been in a frat house and never cleaned. The biggest surprise was the toilet being loose from it's base - try sitting on that. The paint, carpet and overall condition of the room was a disaster (literally there was a hole in the wall).

Since I didn't get into the room until after 1 am, I just made the best of it. After I left the room the next morning my clothes had the stench of smoke and I just felt gross. I completed the comment card and left it in the room. The staff called and offered to take care of it, admitting they knew the room was in disrepair and were trying to get it up to standard. IF THEY KNEW, WHY DID THEY RENT IT?

Room Tip: Don't say here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Shivwits

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We were on our way to Kissimmee Fl and stopped in here to say to some friends that work there. We stayed herre last year on the way home and were told that with the new management that things were going to get better. As far as we are concerned things have got worse not betteer. The rooms really need some TLC Maybe i should have said a lot of not some. The pool had debrie in it and there were all kinds of lamp shades on the pool deck. I guess that is where they wash them. I know it isn't a heated pool and in Jan it is a little cool for a swim but who wants to look at that.
Theere are a lot of live-ins. I know that the homeless rate in Florida is high but don't people understand that these are motels not apartments.
Sorry to give such a negative review but don't go there expecting the comforts of home.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank msmobile
Reviewed May 20, 2011

i woke up covered with bites several on my arms, finger tips, side of my foot, my tummy... very itchy! i have stayed here before and gotten a couple bites here and there and assumed it was a flea bite but this is ridiculous! please inspect the mattresses and make them give you a new room if it shows signs of bed bugs. i didn't check and now i am COVERED in them. also, they have german cockroaches. everytime i get a room here with my boyfriend we see one immediately upon arrival. we saw three last time we checked in. this is cheap and all we can afford for a sexy overnight stay together but i would like to not have my body ravaged with bug bites! ridiculous!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank addictedtopretty
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed at Studio 6 for 35 days. I did have some problems at first. The internet did not work and I was moved to another room. Then the telephone did not work and I was moved again.

This may sound like a negative review. Overall, this is not the case.

The staff did everything they could to correct the problems, even offering to help move my possessions. Once things got settled, the room was clean, the bathtub was huge, and the swimming pool was outstanding. The laundramat is outstanding and cheaper than a public one. I found the bed to be very comfortable with soft sheets, blanket, and bedspread. The location is excellent, and I felt very safe the entire time I was there.
ALso, unlike many long-term stay motels in Jacksonville, it is possible to check in on a Sunday, There is a nice road across from the hotel with broad sidewalks for exercise walking. Grocery stores, ATMs, convenience stores, and restaurants of all kinds are nearby.

Also, there is a monthly rate there, but you have to ask for it up front. It makes the stay there much cheaper than paying a weekly rate.

If I am invited for my summer job in Jacksonville next year, I will return.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank WaltonTiger
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I am staying here for a week and the only thing I can complain about is the slow internet. The room I'm staying in is clean and roomy. The property is well kept and the clean. Would I stay here again...yes because of the price, if a good fast internet is needed for your stay, I would recommend some place else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jgladieux
Reviewed March 9, 2008

When I arrived I expected to find this hotel to be a newly constructed hotel, considering that Motel 6 just launched the "Studio 6 Extended Stay Hotel" at the end of the 1990's. I was wrong. The hotel was an old Motel 6 that had the rooms converted into studio suites (they took the rooms and added a stove, kitchen style sink, microwave, and fridge). They also added a clock radio to the bedside table, since regular Motel 6 rooms do not have clock radios. (Directly across the street from the hotel is an old 1 story motel that was converted into a Motel 6 when this hotel was converted into a Studio 6)

The room was comfortable, clean, and everything worked fine. Outdoor Pool was nice (although it was a cold January weekend in North Florida, so i didn't use it).

Overall my only complaint is that there isn't a 24 hour front desk. Its open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Except Sunday, when it is open from Noon to 10.

OVERALL.... I would surely stay there again. Safe part of town, friendly front desk staff, and with I-95 right there it is easy to get north and south quickly. I-295 is 3 minutes south.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank rtfagan
Reviewed May 15, 2007

I have stayed in many different hotels and motels before and I know it cannot always be perfect and it certainly does not always feel like home.
But what I discovered at Studio 6 is beyond bad.
First of all, it is not clean, not even a little bit. I found fingernails from a former guest on the AC and on the carpet. I did not dare to walk without my shoes. 2 of my 3 towels were stained. The bed linen probably came straight from a prison: it was blue, thin, rough, very old and had a hole.
I felt so uncomfortable like never before in my life.
The bathroom had burn marks everywhere; a clear sign that people stay there who have serious drug problems.

I also purchased the wireless internet access for $4.95 and this was a waste. I lost my connection all the time and it was very slow.

The TV had exactly 27 programs, most of them not very interesting if you want to go beyond CNN and the Weather Channel. The only surprise was HBO but that does not make the stay nicer.

I checked out the next morning and found a much nicer place at Homestead just around the corner.

Believe me: please do not take your money to Studio 6.
And if anyone from the staff reads this: fire your maids.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TravelJaxFl