“Very nice”

Residence Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows
Ranked #42 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Looks like an older generation Residence Inn from the outside but beautifully, and newly renovated, on the inside. Staff/service was very good. Location is excellent right off interstate, gas, restaurants, etc close. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Jacksonville Baymeadows

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've stayed here twice. Both times were great. Rooms were clean and it's always a plus to have a refrigerator for food leftovers. No problems with air conditioning or plumbing, though some of the channels on the TV weren't working during my last stay.

Continental breakfast is free and I consider it a bonus that it's actually pretty good. You get a hot breakfast of eggs, sausage, etc as well as the usual cereal, toast, yogurt etc. They could probably increase the number of fruit selections though. Happy hour, if you're around and I was not, has free drinks and an appetizer selection for those interested.

I did not use the fitness room during my last stay but did take a peek. It's a bit small with only 3 cardio machines and a weight bench with some free weights, but no weight gym. In all, I did enjoy my stay and had no issues with the room or the service. Everyone was very nice.

I saw a prior review that someone felt unsafe. Indeed, there was a sign about possible thefts in the area. But while you won't find BMW's and Mercedes in the parking lots around here, at no time did I ever feel threatened or felt that I had to look over my shoulder. It's just an average area with average people.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have to be honest, I usually address any issues with Marriott directly with the Manager or property themselves as I am a platinum member and travel very frequently. I have run into issues with the Marriott and they have been accommodating in the past, but in this particular instance or property there really nothing that can be done because of the location and property itself.
Let me be fair and state the staff is very nice and try to be friendly as they cannot compensate for the unsafe area which this place resides. As you drive into the complex you are "greeted" by signed stating "please secure valuables as there are robberies commonly in the area." Not to mention the run-down other Red roof Inn and La Quinta Inn which is about to fall down beside into the property. In addition they have roving security cars around the area, not the property as there is so much theft. In addition they have a sign once you check in.

Maybe they could compensate by serving a nice breakfast like other places, OH NO! This has a nasty breakfast and nasty happy hour. They served brown lettace and some gross soup which your dog would not even touch.

The property itself is run-down as well and the water smells like fecal matter when you run it and the rooms are not very satisfactory at all!

Save your money and stay up the street somewhere else where it is nice and property is much safer.

I feel bad for the owner of the property as the area is not going to get better nor is the property itself. Old, gross and run-down in a cracky part of town.

If you want to baracade yourself in your door with the sofa against it and have nasty food, stay here for a ridiculous price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Kate L
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the first time that I have stayed at this particular Residence Inn and after staying here for a weekend I have to admit the one on Amelia Island is much better. When I was here, there was a large group here on a reunion and they totally took over the place (especially the pool) and management did not really seem to do much about it. The continental breakfast was great and the room was very nice. Overall, the experience was just average and I probably will not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The front office staff was great to deal with, but the housekeeping staff needs a bit of improvement. A small bag of trash and an empty sugar packet stayed outside of my door for the entire four nightsof my stay without being picked up.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A must stay, BYE BYE La Quinta!!!! From now on I will only stay at the Marriott :) wonderful service and wonderful room, I really enjoyed my stay can't wait until next time this is where I will be staying at

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Tarasid
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here on business, April 8th - 10th. I didn't know the rooms were actually studio apartments with outside entrances which included a sliding glass door. Not a great combination for a female traveling alone without a gun.

I stayed in 913 which was in the back of the property along Interstate 95. This was a non smoking property, but my room reeked of cigarette smoke. They also allow pets, and I thougnt I felt like something bite me.

Other than the noise from the interstate (which never stops) and the lack of security (I prefer hotels with interior corridors for added safety), the room had new furnishings, new kitchen (full size fridge, etc) and a comfortable bed.

The front desk staff were courtesous and friendly. They also served a hot breakfast as well as a light meal in the early evening with complimentary wine & beer on tap.

Room Tip: Book a room close to the entrance and avoid the back of the property. Female solo travels should sta...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business