“Amazing Customer Service”

Ranked #40 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Connecticut
“Amazing Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I haven't recieved customer service like this in CT in years. From calling the hotel before I checked in and all throughout my stay all different staff members were extremely nice and willing to help. I had an easy to fix issue and they upgrade me to a suite without asking, when I said it wasn't necessary they didn't care, and gave me the loft room! They made great customer service seem so natural and I will be recommending them to any and all going to JAX. Also, the GM Lianey is amazing!

Room Tip: If you have children the loft is worth it, plus the master bedroom door closes for added privacy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SearchForBeauty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Thomasville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Staff was very welcoming after a terrible experience at the hotel next door. Room was very clean and breakfast was delicious! I would stay here many times again!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for extra towels and get to breakfast area early. Bring basketball for the court.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tret W
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Upon reading reviews reporting no elevators onsite, we requested a ground level suite. It was accommodated without event. The manager marked a note on the booking himself! Customer service. When we checked in, we were given an “interior” suite in the middle of the property (“nice & quiet”, as described by the service person). The service on every level remained excellent throughout our stay…from requests for extra supplies, to breakfast, to the manager’s reception, to previewing the 2-bedroom split level suite…outstanding!
We booked a “two-queen” suite. Of course it was complete with a full kitchen, desk, full living room…and all the things Residence Inn offers. Open floor plan was very nice -plenty of space here. One complaint from one in our group was that the bathtub was not “in the same room” with the lavatory. As a result, the bath/toilet area is quite small, which makes it difficult to dress in private behind the only door in the area. Also, there is no hook on the door or anywhere to hang your clothes. I might suggest a sliding “privacy screen” between the main suite & the lavatory area, allowing guests a larger area to dress. Then you have only the simple common struggle of access to the toilet area when traveling with more than a couple. Now, that’s it – complaints on a short list!
The color scheme, the furniture, the setup of the room is gorgeous – a real feel like “HOME”. Also, might I add, we were in town for an event held at the more expensive Wyndham and felt VERY ESCALATED!!! Everyone was asking me the name and location of the hotel!!! The internet speed was GREAT! I uploaded pictures to the internet swiftly without event. The beds are exquisite! Housekeeping is wonderful! Somehow they seem to know when you go out and when you come back everything is made back up…almost like on a cruise ship...AND….get this! If you leave clothes laying somewhere, they will be FOLDED & PLACED ON ONE OF THE BEDS!!!!! If you have an extra blanket on your bed, they will just make it up into the bed! Soaps, tissue, shampoos, are replenished also. It’s just great!
Also, this location has lite fare at night Mon-Wed and has the menu posted on the freezer door. This way if you need to cook, simply drop off your “grocery list (no alcohol)” at the front desk by 9am in the morning and they will be there (billed to your account) by that evening! No kidding! The manager’s reception is not heavy…except on certain nights…Wednesday is usually pretty good. At some locations they also do it on Thursday. Anyway, they offer soup and salad some nights (which is the lightest), iced tea, and the beer tap is self-serve.
As for the dining area, it’s really nice. You’ll see in the pictures. Outside, pool side is even better! Very nice outdoor furniture – very comfy….gives the real feel of “vacation”.
I think I’ve covered everything. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me!

Room Tip: Remember when booking, NO ELEVATOR. Also, we had a room in the middle of the complex and it was ext...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Soundsgood2me
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at this Residence Inn for 15 nights in a King studio accommodation. We made the reservation about a month in advance and had requested a room closer to the front due to the highway noise toward the rear of the property. When we checked in, they said that they had rooms only in the back. It is noisy in the back!!! The room was clean and had been recently remodeled and the decor was very pleasant. The kitchen was not completely furnished with cookware - there was nothing that could be used in the oven - not even a cookie sheet or cake pan! Everyday the cleaning personnel forgot to replace something - dish cloths, shampoo, toilet paper,bath towels etc. so we ended up going to the front office for what they had forgotten - they need a check list I think. I will say that everyone was friendly. We did not eat breakfast there so I can't comment on the food or service. The beds were a bit too soft for complete comfort. It was disappointing that the fitness center had just a couple of pieces of equipment and a few weights - not the type of machines my husband needed.

Room Tip: Ask for room toward front of property because of traffic noise in the back.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Apopka, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed there for the first time this weekend and I have nothing but wonderful things to say. The rooms are very nice, good sized and everthing appears to have been updated within the past year or so. From the phone call I made to make the reservation, to the check in - everyone was very nice. I stay at a lot of different hotels (Hampton Inn, Marriott, etc.) this is by far the best bang for my buck that I have ever spent at a hotel.

The only issue I had was we didn't have sheets for the sleeper sofa in the room. I called the front desk and the sheets were there within 5 minutes.

Breakfast in the morning was very good (and I am a picky eater). For the comment about no healthy food that was made - isn't fruit healty. I had some and it was delish.

Folks you aren't buying a home - you are finding a nice place to stay for a day or a couple of days. Enjoy. I would definitely go back..in fact I had never stayed at a Residence Inn before, but will now look for them whenever I travel. Just my two cents.

Room Tip: I was in building 6 which is away form the basketball courts. As people tend to play into the night...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

Counter staff was friendly, but unprofessional, the microwave did not work, I was glad I could use the regular oven to heat my pizza. Breakfast was a disappointment. Snacks at the desk were sky high and bad food. No healthy foods whatsoever. Tv digital was, shaky?; whatever HD sets do when they are not working right.sidewalks were very dirty and safety did not seem a concern. Soft bed though and nice selection of pillows.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We booked this hotel for a family trip to Jacksonville, Florida and were very unhappy with our choice. The hotel is right off the exit but hard to find due to no signage and is located around multiple other "run down" and closed hotels. At check-in the clerks were very rude and unhelpful. They took a long time to deal with customers and were not apologetic. Once in the room, basic amenities such as dish washing detergent, etc. which are common to Residence Inn were not provided. Breakfast was total chaos with poorly stocked breakfast area, lots of mess all over with food all over the serving area, and unfriendly service. We stayed 2 nights and confidently will never return again. A bad experience that I would never recommend to anyone. Stay away!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family