“well run property”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #87 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 10, 2009

The service was excellent, the room large and comfortable.As for the location, it was perfect,just off I95.Just stopping overnite and continuing the trip the next day.Resturants were plentiful in the area.The next morning"s complementary breakfast I liked the best,more choices to chose from.,and serviced well.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed July 28, 2009

There seemed to be some confusion over whether the pool area was open or not. When we checked in, I asked to use the pool. The clerk said the pool was closed that evening. I asked if it would be open the next morning. The clerk made a phone call, and told us the pool would be open the next morning. The next morning the pool was still closed.

An hour after we checked in, we had the a/c on the coldest setting, and the room was still very hot. My husband called the front desk, told the clerk the room was still hot, and asked if we could switch rooms. The clerk refused to switch rooms, and sent someone to check on the a/c. The guy who checked the a/c said it was cold and working fine. We asked him if that was the coolest it could run. He said yes.
My husband and I debated on whether we should leave or not. We decided to stay. Unfortunately, the room stayed very hot while I tried to get dressed for our evening out. The room was still hot when we left, approximately 3 hours after checking in.
The room did finally cool down while we were out.
What really bothered me was the way we were treated when we complained about the room being hot. There were plenty of other rooms available for us to move.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I was recently recruiting the Jacksonville area for a state university and had the opportunity to stay at this hotel. I was very please with this hotel in every way. I normally stay at the five star hotels during the season with the team however being by myself and stretching the recruiting budget, I try to find some place reasonable, safe and clean. I can truly say I was comfortable and felt safe on the property. I don't say this just to give brownie points to places of business. If I had a complaint it would be the pillows, they're to flat and not plush! Other than that, I would recommend this place in a New York minute without the price tag... The people at the front desk are awesome to work with and that's normally not the case at some places. I don't know how this place was in the past but someone turned this place around from what I read earlier and this is no lie. I will be back for the Football Jamborees next week and I will stay at this Ramada South.

Grace and Peace
Coach

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2009

On our recent visit to Jacksonville, we choose the Ramada South Inn off I-95 and were very satified with our clean room, the complimentery breakfast and the friendliness of all the personnel we met, at this location. On our next visit to Jacksonville, it will be the Ramada South, for us.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2009

I have been to many different Ramada's in different cities. This hotel was the worst. I was charged an additional fee for refrigerator/microwave, (which is standard at the super 8 a few blocks away & was not stated on the online description). The staff tried to charge me additional fees when my son ate breakfast (after the manager verified he was on the reservation, I was given a lame apology). I had to fight with maid service to get shampoo & clean towels. The Ramada, is usually a decent hotel, but this falls short. There are many cheaper hotels in this area, that offer better quality & service. I suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I was going to take my son to see University of Jacksonville and this was located very close to the campus. The price was very right and the hotel was clean and simple. It is not fancy at all and a bit older but it is very clean, no bugs, and the staff was friendly. I would not stay here for a long term vacation stay but would recommend it for a night or two stay. The breakfast was also good with fruit, cereal, waffles etc. Staff was SO very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Great value for price. Nice, clean, spacious rooms. Sheers on windows, exterior corridors, Wi-Fi, coffee maker, great breakfast set-up. Restaurants close by & easy access to I-95. Friendly staff !

Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business