“What a great experience!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #81 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“What a great experience!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I travel a lot for business. We have tried many hotels in Jacksonville, but this is our favorite. The staff is always pleasant and they care about your stay. The breakfast is a nice bonus. The rooms are comfortable. The price is probably the best in town. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Angela G
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always nice to read a good review. Since you travel so much,We are happy that we make you feel at home. I am sure my front desk staff and housekeeping will be delighted to see your review. Now we have included Fresh Waffles since December of last year in the same price.
Hope to see you soon
Sincerely
Reena Shah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This wasn't my first night at this hotel, but I can say that was very pleased with the staff and the cleanliness of the room. If I ever need to get away or want to spend time with my boyfriend, this is the first hotel I'll come to. Beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Shakari J,
Thank you for writing a review. You are our return guest so thank you for the business.
I am happy that you enjoyed our pillowtop mattress. I would like to inform you that now we have fresh waffles in our breakfast menu. So please come back and enjoy that.
Thank you for appreciating our staff service and the cleanliness of the room.
Live Oak, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Even though I only stayed one night I would have to say this hotel is one of the best I have stayed in. The room was really clean, and the beds were comfortable, my daughter loved the fact she could watch tv untill she shut her eyes for the night. The coffee in the lobby was absolutely wonderful. The complimentary breakfast was just awesome, above and beyond what most offer (the waffles blew my mind). I will be staying here again the next time I am in jacksonville. My sister as picky as she is was very satisfied with this hotel.. she pretty much white gloved the room; which I guess in a way is good. If it passes her inspection then anoyne would be able to stay there. I will tell you this much.. this hotel was MUCH better than the one we stayed at the night before just a matter of miles away even though we did get a compimentary upgrade on the room.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 101 which was nice and quiet and close to the main lobby, so we felt really safe.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Cajunlover2000
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All of us at Econolodge appreciate your kind words.
I am happy that we passed your sisters white glove inspection.
Yes, We offer more than the requirement for Econolodge breakfast with fresh Waffles, assortment of Danishes and Muffins and Cereals. Thank you for noticing it.
We would love to see you again when you come to Jacksonville.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

we booked a room for the ga/fl game. We arrived early and the room was not ready which was fine. We arrived late that night after the game and was able to access the room. When we go in the room was dirty and kinda ick but it was late so we settled in. One lady laid on the bed and found bugs on the bed. We jumped up immediately. I spoke to the front desk and he said that he had another room but this was probably not the hotel for us ladies. We had to drive three hours home. I asked about a refund and he said I needed to speak to Hotels.com. Well weeks later Hotels.com says no refund no matter what but they would check with Econolodge. No refund. Hotels.com was no help.

Room Tip: The area around the hotel was pretty rough too. I use quite often and this was a very bad experience...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Jsehall
Thank you for writing the review.
With the information provided by your review I tried to find your reservation. So, Please provide us with some more information.

Please make the reservation directly with the hotel and we are better equipped to help you.

econolodgejaxfla75@hotmail.com
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I checked in yesterday..when I woke up this morning someone had stolen my tag and the entire cage that covers it..i reported to jso..an officer tried to come look at the cameras and they told me he could not because the manager wont be back until tomorrow..i call ro cancel my second night he says come talk to the manager...I say well I thought she wasnt here..they showed no kind of gratitude or sympathy they told me I cant check out because its past 11..it was one pm but I still have to pay for another night..on top of that the front desk staff and manager are horribly rude,all except 1. My room has stains all over the wall and my toilet broke last night...I planned for a great weekend but stayin here has made it horrible no one has ever stolen my tag at a hotel before

• Stayed September 2013
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear SMHSMH

I am saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I checked the security camera but did not notice any specific movement around your car. From your address I can understand that you are a Jacksonville local but you have not provided us with a phone number. So I would like to get in touch with you so that we can address this matter. Please contact me at 904-7378000.

Sincerely
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

one night stay during a road trip from Florida to New York. We were looking for inexpensive, convenient to I-95 and clean. This place delivered. Lots of trucks in the parking lot, but we also saw families. Overall not a bad experience.

• Stayed July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Everything about the accommodations was okay...clean enough with excellent service from the staff. only negative point was that some of the other guests made me and my husband feel uncomfortable. One family looked like they had been living at the hotel(with their room chairs pulled from their room & placed outside of their room onto the pavement. This may have been an unusual situation, but we canceled our future reservations & chose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for writing the review. We appreciate it.
You have complimented us about the being room nice and clean and getting excellent service from the staff. Thank you for that, We want our guest to enjoy their stay with us. I would have loved to have an opportunity to work with you regarding the concern you had so that you would not have to cancel your future reservation.
I would like you to give us another opportunity to serve you.