“Sad”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #84 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I checked in yesterday..when I woke up this morning someone had stolen my tag and the entire cage that covers it..i reported to jso..an officer tried to come look at the cameras and they told me he could not because the manager wont be back until tomorrow..i call ro cancel my second night he says come talk to the manager...I say well I thought she wasnt here..they showed no kind of gratitude or sympathy they told me I cant check out because its past 11..it was one pm but I still have to pay for another night..on top of that the front desk staff and manager are horribly rude,all except 1. My room has stains all over the wall and my toilet broke last night...I planned for a great weekend but stayin here has made it horrible no one has ever stolen my tag at a hotel before

• Stayed: September 2013
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear SMHSMH

I am saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I checked the security camera but did not notice any specific movement around your car. From your address I can understand that you are a Jacksonville local but you have not provided us with a phone number. So I would like to get in touch with you so that we can address this matter. Please contact me at 904-7378000.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

one night stay during a road trip from Florida to New York. We were looking for inexpensive, convenient to I-95 and clean. This place delivered. Lots of trucks in the parking lot, but we also saw families. Overall not a bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Everything about the accommodations was okay...clean enough with excellent service from the staff. only negative point was that some of the other guests made me and my husband feel uncomfortable. One family looked like they had been living at the hotel(with their room chairs pulled from their room & placed outside of their room onto the pavement. This may have been an unusual situation, but we canceled our future reservations & chose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for writing the review. We appreciate it.
You have complimented us about the being room nice and clean and getting excellent service from the staff. Thank you for that, We want our guest to enjoy their stay with us. I would have loved to have an opportunity to work with you regarding the concern you had so that you would not have to cancel your future reservation.
I would like you to give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed in plenty of Econolodges, so I know what you're getting: a mediocre place to rest your head. This is a no frills establishment, and that's what we expected, only to be sorely disappointed. We arrived after a long drive - we just needed a place to sleep for a few hours during a road trip. We arrived in the middle of the night only to find that there were people just randomly hanging outside of their rooms. Perhaps waiting for other people, I wasn't sure but it was definitely sketchy. We unloaded our car where our room should have been, only to discover the rooms weren't numbered in order, and the room we needed was on the other side of the building. My advice to the owners: number your rooms appropriately and in order.so I called the front desk because we couldn't find the room, and the front desk clerk was very rude, and tried to make it sound like I was an idiot for being confused at the absurd numbering system. Maybe this is a choice hotel or an Econolodge practice, but the staff could have told us where the room was better.

When we walked into the room it smelled like it had once been a smoking room, and no one had taken any time to deep clean the carpets and get the smell out. We were pleased to see the sheets were clean, and we found no evidence of bugs, which was good. There was a soap wrapper on the floor near the tv, which said to me someone barely cleaned the room. The layout was strange, but the beds were semi-comfortable.

Our biggest surprise came when we were in the shower, and discovered a pair of underware hanging on the shower curtain rod. When we mentioned this to the front desk, they weren't even the least bit concerned about it. Huge turn off, will never stay at this place again and I advise you keep driving when you see it.

• Stayed: April 2013
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.I am extremely sorry to read your review.We work very hard to make every guest have an enjoyable stay. The number system on the hotel has been such since the day it was built as all odds on one side and evens on the other. In future we will try to explain the location of the room in an more understandable manner. We would also like to apologize for the lapse by the housekeeping department. We try to maintain a high standard of service and see that all guest leave satisfied.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

asked the desk to make decaf coffee or get me some so I could make it in the room. They said they wouldn't make it because they might have to throw some away. They also refused to get me some so I could make my own.

Room Tip: you might want to stay across the road at days inn I will from now on the attitude of the morning pe...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Ms Lynn,
I am sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the service provided at the breakfast time. Rest assured I have discussed your comments with him and we will look at making necessary improvements.
You have stayed with us in the past and you have also written beautiful review about that. I thank you for that also.
I hope you will give us another try to enjoy our clean comfortable room and well stocked breakfast . Please contact me at gm.fla75@choicehotels.com if I can assist you further.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

If your looking for a hotel just to sleep and eat a quick breakfast and get back on the road this is your stop. It is inexpensive especially if I use Choicehotels.com. We are a member (it only takes 2 minuted but make sure you do it before you book your room). We paid $50 for the room and the person behind us paid $69. Te motel is older but very clean and the staff is very nice. Breakfast is just cereal, Danish and muffins. Thats all we need. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Choose first floor if you can don't think they have an elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
EconoLodgeJaxFLMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2015

We are happy that you appreciate our efforts to provide excellent service and comfort to our guests. We do strive to provide value for your money and our staff members are always happy to serve you. Please stay with us again on your next visit and we will show you that we are consistent in our efforts to serve.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was a nice place to stay on our trip south to Disney World. The room was clean and management was eager to please. We needed a refrigerator and shortly after we called, a refrigerator was delivered to the room. We needed help with our remote, and again, someone was there to show us how to work it. It seemed like we were staying with friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We do aim to please and to provide you with a service that is not just meant for guests but also for ones who are close to our hearts. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that it was appreciated. We always love to hear about your experience with us and it helps to fuel our enthusiasm as well. We are excited to have you stay with us again on your next trip.