“I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jacksonville, FL but here”

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #71 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed March 11, 2011

This Hotel is great. Very Comfortable, Clean & Great Friendly Staff. I read the reviews but did not expect anything special but was I wrong. We went to Jacksonville for a job interview. We needed a reasonable rate, which we got and there was a full hot breakfast included which made this even more appealing. We arrived in the evening Check in took mere minutes and the girl at the desk was very friendly, had a good sense of humor and efficient. The Lobby was clean and bright. The room was spotless and very comfortable. Even the Bathroom did not have a spot of dust, dirt or hair. I feel asleep in the comfortable bed and slept all night like I had never left home. We went to breakfast which was good and had a lot of choices. I requested a late check out and which was extended to noon. I waited in the Lobby and read a magazine and Richard at the front desk was very nice, helful and friendly and check out also took no time and was correct. Everyone on Staff said hello as they passed you with smile and were very pleasant.
This is a great hotel. I would stay here again. I would like to thank everyone at this hotel for making our trip stress free and so enjoyable. Next time I hope it doesn't rain and I can use the pool.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

From your Best Western Southpoint Family...we LOVE having you here with us! Please let us know anytime that you are coming for a visit to Jacksonville. We will make sure that your accommodations are waiting and breakfast is on the table! Warmest of regards, Best Western Southpoint

Reviewed March 7, 2011

I made reservations 2 weeks prior to my overnight stay at this hotel. I was traveling with my family and friends from Ny to FL and booked this hotel for a place to get some rest overnight and then head onto Orlando for an extended stay. I was confirmed for 2 rooms, both Queen beds and Non smoking. We were a total of 9 people. I was told during my reservation that rooms were guarenteed until 7am the next morning. The day before I left for our trip I called the hotel, to again confirm my reservations. After driving almost 20 hrs I wanted to be assured I would have no problems. I was told my rooms were available and ready for my arrival.
We arrived at the hotel around 10:30pm. The reservation agent was very tight lipped as she searched for our reservation. I asked some questions and again was ignored. She then proceeded to tell me that there was a problem with our rooms and that they could only offer a single room and 1 Queen room in Smoking. I told her that was imposiible since we were 9 people and I suffered from asthma. I would not have my children sleep on the floor since the single room had only 1 bed. Daytona 500 was that weekend and they apparently over booked the hotel and gave our rooms away. They would never admit to that and never gave us a real definitive answer as to why my rooms were no longer available. 3 other families waited in the lobby who were also left without rooms. They claimed no manager was on duty and they could not offer any other solution. They told us no other hotel would have rooms available due to Daytona 500 and that we should take what they had to offer. Luckily my husband called The Marriot which was right next door and they were able to accomodate my family of 9 plus the other families waiting in the lobby.
So basically this hotel has NO REGARD for their customers and were too greedy to suck it up and send us to another hotel. I will never stay at another Best Western hotel chain again. It was an absolute disgrace. The Marriot is the place to stay, as I have never had any problems with that hotel chain. Do yourself a favor and avoid some aggrevation. DONT STAY HERE, YOUR PATRONAGE MEANS NOTHING!!!!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sportsmom69
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

Dear Ms. MG:

The goal of our family of employees here at the BEST WESTERN Hotel is to ensure that every guest of our facility receives the best service and care possible during their stay with us. We never wish a guest to have a less than pleasant experience. With your booking, we did fail to meet that goal and although unintentional it did happen. While I never want to contradict the view of the guest in regard to any issue, I find that I must present a different "side of the story" so to speak to the readers of this review.

Due to an agent error, a guest was allowed to check into the hotel a day earlier than their reservations. The agent failed to recognize the reservations for the guest were for the next day and unintentionally overbooked the hotel, shortly before your arrival at 10 pm. Therefore as stated in the review, we had only one of the two non-smoking double rooms available upon arrival. When this was discovered upon your arrival, our agent did contact the Manager-on-Duty and while he was not available to meet with you at that time he did work with the agent to provide an alternative for your family for the one double room out of the two booked we did not have. Unfortunately, the options available to provide you with in our non-smoking room types were limited that evening. Understanably, you reserved a particular room type and the expecation was and should be that you would receive that room type. Your desire to keep your family together and not have to be concerned about splitting them up into multiple single rooms was paramount. At that time of evening the option provided to your family was the only one available to accommodate everyone in the hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for not being able to meet your expectation or service your family's lodging needs.

I know that you chose to cancel the bookings with our hotel and stay at another facility here in the area. Please know that is not a "Best Western" issue as all hotels in the brand (as are most hotel brands, including Marriott) independently owned and operated and this was isolated only to the agent that made the initial error by checking in another guest a day earlier than what their reservations called for. I have noted that it was your belief that there were others waiting that did not have rooms for their reservations for the evening of February 19th. This was not the case; everyone that had reservations with the hotel that evening were accommodated including one of the parties you mention in your review. The other two parties did not have reservations with us and without reservations we were not able to host them.

You are certainly a valued patron and our front office team is deeply regretful of this mistake. Our staff takes pride in making our guests feel special and appreciated as many, many of our valued customers have commented on in their reviews. I can assure you it was not our intent to inconvenience you in any way and I only wish that we could have provided you with lodging with the non-smoking options we had available that evening. Again, I hope that you will accept our hearfelt apology and should you find yourself in Jacksonville again, please contact me directly and allow us to host you as our guest for the evening to help to show our sincerity over this agent error. Kind regards, the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint Family.

Reviewed March 2, 2011

We always make a point of staying at the Best Western JTB Southpoint hotel in Jacksonville, Fl on our way down and back when vacationing in the Florida Keys. It is one of the nicest Best Westerns we have stayed at, and it is conveniently located off the highway, exactly 500 miles from Key West. We feel like we are finally on vacation once we get here! The rooms are always immaculate and fully supplied and the common areas are tastefully decorated. They provide a full breakfast to get you on your way in the morning. All that and the prices are very reasonable. What's better than that?

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Greetings,

Thank you so very much for having allowed us to serve you during your recent stay with us this month. Our team takes great pride in providing the best possible accommodations and guest service and receiving kudos like this make all of us appreciate you, our valued guest, even more.

We look forward to hosting you in the future and if any of our staff may be of service in the interim, please do not hesitate to let me know personally.

Yours in hospitality,
Your BEST WESTERN MANAGEMENT STAFF

Reviewed February 2, 2011

We have stayed at this location in January for the last 3 years. Wonderful people, from the check in to the housekeeping staff, to the breakfast and then the check out. We have NEVER been disappointed with anything. We have a dog and they always make ALL of us feel welcome. The grounds are very nice and we always feel safe here. We would recommend this location to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

It is always such a pleasure to host you during your travels in our area! We are always here for you and please just let any of our team know when you are heading back our way and we will make sure to have your reservations waiting. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to let our associates here know of your great experience with us! We do so appreciate your kind words!

Warmest regards...
The Staff and Management Associates of BEST WESTERN SOUTHPOINT

Reviewed January 21, 2011

We didn't have an idea about where to stay in the Jacksonville area but did know of Best Western's reputation so when we went on line we decided upon staying on the south side of Jacksonville so that we didn't have to deal with the morning work traffic when we left. Our room was ready when we arrived. The clerk was very accomodating and pointed out where we could get breakfast in the morning before sending us to our room. After unpacking we again talked to the clerk because we didn't know where we could have a light dinner and didn't want to roam too far from the hotel. Again she gave us an immediate answer, directions and sent us on. The next morning upon check out I was asked to fill out a questionnaire and we left. (our room was very comfortable, easy to find and the continental breakfast we extrememly well presented)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Good Day!

On behalf of our entire team, I want to extend a personal thank you for taking the time to send in a review to TripAdvisor about your recent visit to our hotel. I have shared your comments with all of our family of associates and I can tell you it made their day to know they exceeded your expectations!

Thank you very much and we look forward to hosting you again!

Your BEST WESTERN Southpoint Family

Reviewed January 19, 2011

our four night stay in this hotel was beyond our expectations. our large room was very comfortable, quiet and clean. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast room attendant kept all items stocked, warm and fresh in a quiet, friendly yet unobtrusive manner. We will return as we visit family who live close by and have chosen this hotel as "home away from home".

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2011

The two things you want most from a hotel stay. Cleanliness and Peace & Quiet when you need it most.. Five stars all around because the staff was very helpful and courteous as well. Thank you Keith Green, AJ and the staff at Bestwestern JTB Southpoint.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple