“My favorite hotel in the country!”

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #55 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Izmit. Kocaeli
“My favorite hotel in the country!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

This is an excellent hotel. I have stayed here more than 6 times in the past 10 months and now try to route my trips through Jacksonville. I've travelled as a female alone, with my grown children and with my mom (handicap access room was great too). They are consistently excellent in the things that matter most. Customer service (day and night shift), cleanliness, location, value and sleep quality. They are super easy to get to directly off the exit on 95, prices are great and they have specials if you stay frequently. It's a really quiet hotel too and that means alot to a light sleeper. If you haven't stayed, please visit and don't worry, they'll get you information on the closest Starbuck's, good restaurants, the best food delivery option and anything else you need!
I have stayed in hotels all over the country and around the world and this is still my favorite.

LD Hollywood, FL

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
What a WONDERFUL compliment! Each of us express our gratitude to you for naming us "your favorite hotel!" We can't wait to host you again! The Best Western Southpoint Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Pomona, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed for 3 days and was relocated once. When I arrived there seemed to be a lot of activity but I had no idea what was coming. There was a basketball tournament for teens aged 15-18 and they stayed in the hotel Saturday thru Sunday. At about 11pm I went to bed only to be awakened by a basketball being bounced off the wall of the adjoining room. In addition, later the "people" in the next room tried to jimmy the door between the rooms. I had called Security and about 20 minutes later they came; the slamming doors (went on continuously until 3am) and the basketball bouncing and the door jimmying stopped pretty much. I asked to speak to the hotel mgr and left a message and was never contacted. When I said to the desk clerk on checkout that I ought to receive some compensation for the noise etc. his curt reply was, "we can't give out such things when the customer pays in advance".

This is not the only Best Western I have encountered where there were problems. I must admit that the reason I chose this hotel is because of the price. Learned my lesson.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your visit to our property in May 2010. We always value the input from our valued guests. While your review did not list your exact date of stay in May, I have researched our group history and find that there was a City-wide Basketball event in Jacksonville the weekend of May 14 2010 and therefore conclude this would have been the timeframe that you were our guest. I would like to apologize for any inconsiderate behavior you may have encountered from other guests attending the Regional Basketball Tournaments held here in Jacksonville that weekend. As a City-wide event, all hotels in the Jacksonville (from 5 star properties to 3 star properties such as ourselves) participated in hosting the visiting teams for the tournament. I sincerely regret that your stay was impacted by the teenage participants of this event. I know this can be disconcerting to guests who may not be a part of an organization of the nature. From the debriefing meeting held by tournament officials I have learned that all hotels encountered similiar challenges and you can be assured these concerns were voiced to the tournament officials. I would truly appreciate having the opportunity to speak with you personally if you it is convenient for you. I know your visit with us was 6 months prior to this review, but I would still welcome the opportunity to assist you with your concerns. Your happiness is important to both myself and my team.
Warsaw, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed here several days to be close to Mayo clinic (about 15 min.). It was in a good area, and the ocean was maybe 20 min. away. Major shopping areas within about 7miles. I would recommend for any family, or person on a business trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

I recently stayed here on a trip to the Mayo Clinic. I was so impressed with how helpful the staff with was with everything from directions to the hospital to even just a local place to eat. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. I didn't have one problem with anything. They were even able to help with getting me a different kind of hand soap since I was allergic to the kind they had! It was such a relief to have a great place to stay and wonderful people to help me at a time when I was going through so much. Thank you Best Western!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CarlaR75
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

Highly recommended! Clean and very well organized! Situated in a Great area! Central location for dining out , shopping

New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

#1. I am a hypochondriac on cleanliness I never thought a hotel will meet my standards Well, surprise... this hotel has met my standards!
#2. I like to deal with Genuinely Kind, Hospitable, Well Mannered People and I Did Here at this Hotel!
From the Cleaning staff, Breakfast area staff, Front Desk staff, Maintenance person to General Manager Mr. Green everyone was exceptional!.
They all had that extra ordinary pride they took in their of their job and it showed!!
It is a wonderful hotel to have a chance to stay in. I will be back again and again!

Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

Attention: Keith Green

I've stayed @ this hotel 2 days a week since mid-August. I have had a pleasant stay every time. I just love room#529. Also, check-in is GREAT! The staff is very nice and helpful.They treat you with the up most respect.