“very nice and not too expensive”

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #68 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 21, 2013

got on a travel website on the internet and we got a room for less than $75 it was a beautiful room and the breakfast was very nice, right off the Interstate 95, great for the value and really nice, quiet .

Room Tip: check and do your homework on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My neighbors are talking in a normal conversational tone and I can hear every word.

Hotel furniture is a little dated and needs to upgrade and modernize. Gym also needs a major upgrade.

Room and bathroom clean. Good carpeting.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here while attending Quilt fest. I was with a handicapped person and we had full access. Good full breakfast with many choices, hot and cold. The rooms are comfortable with basic (boring)hotel décor and four soft pillows per queen bed. Our only problem was a strong chlorine smell when we came in. I washed the bathroom down with the complimentary shampoo, turned on the fans full, and we went to dinner- the odor was mitigated when we returned. At least we knew it was CLEAN!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

With some upgrades like those in the lobby this would be a great hotel. It has a great, professional and caring staff. Great breakfast and breakfast area. The furniture in the rooms is worn. The equipment (AC unit) parts falling off and not really adjustable for confort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I needed a place to stay when I was in St. Augustine for a festival. All of the places around St. Augustine, even motel 6 were bumped up to $200 a night!! So my best bet was to find something in Jacksonville. I got this hotel off of Hotwire. Since it was a 3 star (above what I was looking for since I needed to save money) I thought I would go ahead and get it and maybe live in a little bit of "luxury" for a couple of nights. My respond to that... eh.

It was a nice hotel, don't get me wrong. Very clean, beautiful room, modern, and the A/C worked perfectly (a huge thing for me). The bed was nice and comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful. The location was convenient, right off of the interstate.

However, I am not sure why they are a 3 star hotel, I think maybe a 2 would be more appropriate. I have stayed in similar hotels for decently cheaper.

If I had the money, I would stay here again. But I would consider finding something cheaper with more than likely the same amenities.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2013

From the front desk to the room to food, it all exceeded our expectations. We had just driven from Florida and we were very tired. The FD person saw that we were tired and expedited our check-In. Great value with exceptional customer service. We have stayed at many Choice Hotels from Seattle to Florida and by far this was the best.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Not sure if I stayed in the same hotel as others have raved about. I stayed here on a discount rate so price was fine. The hotel however was tired with minimal cleaning and upkeep. Nothing horrible it just seemed that corners were cut, everywhere. The worst was the fire alarm repeatedly going off at 3 till 4:30. When asking the front desk what the problem was we were told the rain got into the electrical/fire alarm box. That is quite scary and dangerous. This place needs not just refreshing but serious maintenance.

Room Tip: Spend a few more bucks and stay at another property.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom N
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Mr N,

I appreciate you taking time to share your opinion on your visit to our property. I see you are from Jacksonville and certainly thank you for visiting us as a resident of our beautiful city. I have noted your concerns and I would like to apologize for a less than exemplary stay with us. I have addressed your concerns with our team to insure that in the event some thing wasn't prepared to our standards that is corrected and does not happen again in the future. To address your statement pertaining our safety systems, our systems are maintained and inspected per code and are in 100% compliance and working order. I am not sure of the information you received but there was not an issue with the actual alarm system itself, but rather with a peripheral componet. This sent a signal to the system and the system functioned as it should have by going into alarm. While I know this was disturbing and we certainly would never wish a guest to be distrubed, we always do want our safety systems to function properly and in this case they did their job.

Our goal is always 100% guest satisfaction, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly and assist you further. Annonymous reviews can serve a purpose, however I always encourage hotel guests to come forward and speak with a hotel representative when they have an issue so that a problem can be resolved. Our hospitality team members have but one wish...each guest to be happy and smiling when they leave and come back to us again.

Yours in hospitality,