“Not such a great deal”

Ranked #62 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not such a great deal”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Not sure if I stayed in the same hotel as others have raved about. I stayed here on a discount rate so price was fine. The hotel however was tired with minimal cleaning and upkeep. Nothing horrible it just seemed that corners were cut, everywhere. The worst was the fire alarm repeatedly going off at 3 till 4:30. When asking the front desk what the problem was we were told the rain got into the electrical/fire alarm box. That is quite scary and dangerous. This place needs not just refreshing but serious maintenance.

Room Tip: Spend a few more bucks and stay at another property.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom N
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Mr N,

I appreciate you taking time to share your opinion on your visit to our property. I see you are from Jacksonville and certainly thank you for visiting us as a resident of our beautiful city. I have noted your concerns and I would like to apologize for a less than exemplary stay with us. I have addressed your concerns with our team to insure that in the event some thing wasn't prepared to our standards that is corrected and does not happen again in the future. To address your statement pertaining our safety systems, our systems are maintained and inspected per code and are in 100% compliance and working order. I am not sure of the information you received but there was not an issue with the actual alarm system itself, but rather with a peripheral componet. This sent a signal to the system and the system functioned as it should have by going into alarm. While I know this was disturbing and we certainly would never wish a guest to be distrubed, we always do want our safety systems to function properly and in this case they did their job.

Our goal is always 100% guest satisfaction, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly and assist you further. Annonymous reviews can serve a purpose, however I always encourage hotel guests to come forward and speak with a hotel representative when they have an issue so that a problem can be resolved. Our hospitality team members have but one wish...each guest to be happy and smiling when they leave and come back to us again.

Yours in hospitality,
The Management Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very easy to find and very hospitable staff at desk and at breakfast. Would stay again if in the area. I was given information on restaurants nearby which had printed directions... Very helpful when you are traveling. Logon to wi-fi very quick.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Griffin, Georgia
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at this location. The area seems to be in a safe neighborhood. The room and bathroom were very clean and it was really quiet during our stay. We had a bit of trouble with the internet pricing being more than it was supposed to be. I brought along a copy of what the internet price was and the lady at the front desk was super and courteous in obtaining us the correct price. If we travel to the Jacksonville area again, we'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jcollins863
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We didn't realize until we pulled up that this was our second time staying at this hotel. The first time was 8 years ago. Check in was very easy. We actually arrived earlier than the check in time, but the desk clerk found us a room. The room was clean, but the décor was a bit dated. Reminded me a little of the 80's. It was big enough for the two of us. There were plenty of towels and the bathroom was clean. We had a front facing room and the only noise we heard from outside is if a very loud truck or motorcycle went by. OK, now for my dislikes. The bed was a queen, I think. It seamed small to me. It was comfortable, but I didn't like the way the whole bed moved every time one of us did. Also, the air conditioner was very loud. We had to turn if off to be able to hear the TV. The free breakfast left a lot to be desired, but it was free so I won't say too much about that. We would probably stay here again if in the area. The most important things to me when I stay in a hotel are safety and that it's clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ccain3
Windermere, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

great hotel. Front Desk people could use so help. Need to be friendly. They act like they are at the DDS getting teeth pulled. Other than that its a great place. Now I'm just trying to get to 200 letters so, this thing will let me post and get done with my review. hope this is now long enough..............

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Christopher F
PA
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel several times when visiting family in Jacksonville, and it is always clean, friendly, and comfortable.the lobby is well lit, always spotless with plenty of luggage carts should you need them. The staff is always wonderful...getting extra pillows and towels as needed . SUPER attentive and friendly , and make you feel like they are GENUINELY glad you chose their hotel.

The rooms are always fresh and the bed is cozy. Sheets and pillow cases smell freshly laundered. Bathroom is spotless. The curved shower bar makes the shower feel roomy. I have stayed multiple times and have never had any complaints regarding guest noise, traffic noise , etc. Rooms are quiet.

FULL buffet HOT breakfast bar is included : eggs, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravy, fruit , cold cereals, hot cereals, coffee, tea, juices.

The pool are is always clean and well manicured and open until 10pm for night time/ later check-in swimming.

I will continue to stay at this establishment. Five stars all around!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Erin H
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was nice, clean and secure. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Breakfast was nice. This hotel is located off of I-95, a little confusing to reenter I-95 but not a big problem. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family