“Great place to stay!!!”

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #66 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I really enjoy my stay there, nice clean rooms and a comfort bed.. It was close to my Training class that I had to attend, good location. I hate I didn't get a chance to try out the breakfast because it really looked good on the website. The staff was very helpful with services. Like I say it is a great place to stay.....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Jacksonville

Reviewed August 12, 2013

First room smelled like cigarette smoke, but front desk clerk immediately relocated us, and the next room was much much better. Clean. Beds comfortable. Pool was getting worked on so that was a little bit of a bummer, didn't know about it beforehand. Breakfast was good. Staff was excellent. Very professional and friendly. They noticed I was upset and listened to me gripe about an interview gone bad, and they made some recommendations about another business that actually ended up working out! Also they had a catered dinner with drinks and all down in the lobby for all of their guest's, just to show their appreciation for staying there; they said they do it every Wed. It was great because I was running out of money and was wondering how I was going to eat that night. Also it was nice to have a desktop to use when needed. All in all a great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I travel for business all year long in the State of Florida and have stayed at many different hotels but I keep repeating my stays at this particular Best Western Hotel whenever I am anywhere near Jacksonville. It is reasonably priced, clean, accommodating, located near restaurants or fast food places and has a decent breakfast in the morning that is included in the price. It has never disappointed me in the past and I have stayed here over half a dozen times this year. When you find a good one...you should stay with it!!

Room Tip: Floors closer to the main lobby have better Internet connections.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The rooms were extremely clean, and the staff upgraded us to a double bed room for no additional cost unlike most places do in Jacksonville Florida. The staff would check on our room daily for cleaniest and bring towels daily. I ask for additional drink cups and the hotel staff brought them to my room. I was very pleased by the staff. The morning breakfast was outstanding and required no additional cost.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We checked into our room and found a huge dead roach in our room. We called and spoke to Nicole (who was pleasant at check in until the nasty front desk mgr came)
who asked if we wanted to be moved to another room. We informed her we would be checking out because we are terrified of those huge roaches. When we came down to check out the front desk manager was there who said she is authorized to charge us for the room even though we literally just checked in five minutes ago and was unhappy. She didn't apologize but was speaking very sarcastically as though she was the customer. I told her she needed to improve on her customer service skills cause she didn't have any! I'm a manager and customers should be treated with respect and not be told roaches are not social creatures so we should've basically accepted the offer to move us because they don't travel. I want a phone call from the general manager because this experience after a long drive was unacceptable and we will never return!! You need to send your staff to learn about providing "Exceptional Customer Service" especially if you want repeat customers. Very disappointing for a Best Western considering I am a preferred customer!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Vbgirl72
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Vbgirl,

As a guest of our hotel, we value the fact the you selected our facility for lodging in Jacksonville and regret that we did not fulfill your expectations.

Having read your review, I did go through and review our monitoring system to determine what the circumstances were pertaining to your comments. Having reviewed the interaction with our guest services team, I have to say that the experience you outline in your comments here online aren't borne out by the video/audio that I have reviewed. I offer my apologies if you felt that we did not understand your concerns.

I do understand that having an upleasant experience in a guest room, such as finding a Florida Palmetto, can be distressing. I regret that this happened, but it would seem that our staff handled the situation in a pleasant and accommodating manner and did attempt to assist you in every way to provide you with a rewarding and comfortable experience.

We do pride ourselves on our friendly and welcoming service as our sincere guests have attested to. I do value you as a guest and hope that your future travels are pleasant and safe.

The General Manager of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Reviewed August 9, 2013

clean, reasonably priced and delightful breakfast... staff was helpful and the location is perfect for grabbing a local bite. We even went to the movies which was easy to find the night we stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Would recommend Only issue was poor insulation as far as guest noise Air Conditioner was very loud Food was average Wish there was a complete No Smoking ban Parking is good Staff is friendly and helpful A little funky to get to the hotel Good area

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family