“Clean, smell good, and pet friendly”

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #55 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Saint Donat, Canada
“Clean, smell good, and pet friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

we stoped at the Best Western on Salisbury road, in Jaciksonville..FL everything is fine, the woman at the front desk very nice. The room smell so good and it 's very clean.even if we have a dog they give us a clean room.
If you are looking for an hotel who is pet friendly and CLEAN!!! try this Best western and you will be happy to find this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Season's Greetings!

Thank you for your review of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint. I am gratified to know that our team has exceeded your expectations, which is our goal! Going above and beyond to provide our valued guests with a very enjoyable experience is what our staff is here to do!

I will be sharing your comments with our team during our weekly team meeting and I know they will be most appreciative of the fact that you took time to comment on their service and our cleanliness standards.

I hope that the next time you visit our wonderful city, you will be a guest of our property and allow us the pleasure to servce you.

The Family of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Booked the room through hotwire but was guaranteed a 3.5 star hotel. This was anything but. We didn't expect luxury accomodations for the price but to say we were extremely disappointed would be an understatement. I had hoped for a room with at least a queen sized bed but the room contained only a double bed that didn't even have a comforter or bedspread on it. Just a sheet with a blanket and another sheet on top. The towels are thin. The pillows were pathetically small. Being pregnant, I requested additional pillows and was told by the front desk they couldn't be accessed. I requested a mini-fridge for my perishables and was told that would cost me an additional $10 per night because I purchased through hotwire. It took several requests to front desk staff to get any response on a measley one hour extension on the 11:00 checkout even after explaining we were in town because my husband was participating in the marathon and we needed a little additional time. We travel frequently and have stayed at many types of hotels but this was one of the worst experiences we have had. Most hotels are very accomodating to requests of guests. I would understand if the hotel were totally booked but based on the looks of the parking lot this hotel there were plenty of empty rooms available. The breakfast room was crowded (too little seating in too small an area) and the food was bland. I don't know if our experience was so bad because we got the hotwire deal or if this is the normal service and standards for this hotel but we won't be coming back to find out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joy T
Dear Mrs. "JoyTA",

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies that your stay with our hotel did not meet the expectation or the standards that we set out to achieve. Our goal is always 100% guest satisfaction and I am very concerned that we have not achieved this with your stay.

Please allow me to address the issues outlined in your review. Our level of service is never dictated by how a guest chooses to make reservations. Whether you book directly with us, through one of the standard online travel websites or through one of the distressed inventory websites such as Hotwire, each and every guest is a valued guest of our hotel. Our hotel is rated 3 Stars by Hotwire and the majority of our guests booking through Hotwire do concur with our rating on the their standard of accommodations. To better address your concerns, I have researched your individual booking and accommodations. I have found that your booking was made for one our non-smoking queen size rooms, which is a very popular room type. The bedding type of your accommodations was a queen sized bed as our hotel only features queen and king size beds in our room types which offer one bed. Our facility is pleased to offer selected rooms with microwave and refrigerator units; this room type is available for booking through standard reservation booking methods but is not a room type that Hotwire purchases for their distressed inventory site. As we do have requests for this room type from our Hotwire guests, we have made this available to them also at a discounted price by charging only a $10 fee to upgrade to this room type whenever it is available.

I have noted your comments regarding your bedding and linen. Our hotel is pleased that we provide triple sheeting in all of our guest room accommodations. Triple sheeting is a method used by all upscale brands of hotels and has become popular in the mid-scale category such as ours. This method eliminates the old fashion bedspread and is much more sanitary than either comforters or bedspreads as after each guest stay, all linen in now washed for a fresh clean experience with the linen; something bedspreads did not provide. You may have noticed the decorative scarf that was placed on the foot of your bed and this provides a nice design accent to your bedding. We also provide our guests with four pillows per bed as opposed to many hotel brands that only provides the standard two per bed. This is a Best Western standard as we have found that our guest appreciate having the extra pillows already in their guest rooms upon arrival.

It is certainly not our desire to see a guest be unhappy and I do regret that your impression was not positive of our property. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly and see how we can turn your impression of our facility into a positive experience for you. I will be reaching out to you to discuss your visit to our property and assist you further. I look forward to assisting you. In the interim, I hope that you have a very pleasant and joyous holiday season.

BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My stay at this hotel was well spent. The cleanliness of the hotel, guess services, breakfast, pool etc. I will recommends this hotel to anyone and will definitely stay at this holet whenever am in Jaxsonville :)

Room Tip: Over looking the pool, nice view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Day!

Please accept my personal thanks for taking time to complete a review on TripAdvisor for our hotel. It it very rewarding to know that our team exceeded the expectation!

On behalf of our BEST WESTERN family, we hope that you have an enjoyable and happy holiday season and joyous New Year.

Safe travels,
The BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

My overall experience at Best Western Hotel was excellent and the staff went the extra mile to make our time their wort while. We look forward to and will always choose Best Western if available to stay in. We will always recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings,

We would like to wish you and your family a happy holiday season! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor for us! We sincerely appreciate hearing from our guests and these comments are always shared with our team members as a motivational tool.

Our wish is for each and every guest to have a pleasant, welcoming and comfortable experience here at our property. We value our guests and recognize the importance they play in our hotel.

I invite you to stay with us whenever you are in Jacksonville. It would be our pleasure to host you.

Pleasant Journeys,
The Team Members of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Douglasville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nice clean hotel and room except room smelled musky. Not sure why informed staff at checkout. Nice breakfast and coffee. Lobby very cheerful and clean. Front desk staff adequate but not overly friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Season's Greetings,

I would like to thank you for sharing your impression of our beautiful hotel. I appreciate your comments and insights on your stay with us. I have shared your information with my housekeeping team in order to address the issue with the lack of a fresh smell in your guest room. I certainly do apologize for this inconvenience. It may have been that due to the temperatures we were experiencing during the timeframe of your stay with us that it was not warm enough for the air conditioning systems to activate and create air flow in the room.

I appreciate your kind words regarding our breakfast and coffee. As we all know having a good cup of coffee in the morning is a great way to begin the day!

We look forward to your next visit to Jacksonville and would be honored to host you again.

Safe journeys!
The Staff of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

The room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and all at a great price. The location made it easy to access all parts of Jacksonville. Breakfast was good as well and was included in the price. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MariannaWorldExplore
Good Day!

Thank you for taking a moment to complete a review on our hotel. It is always a pleasure to know that we have provided a welcoming and comfortable experience for you, our very valued guest. You are the reason we do what we do!

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us in the near future. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our property and host you during any visits to Jacksonville and our lovely beaches.

Safe Travels and Happy Holidays!
The Management Team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had been driving ten hours on our way to Miami and had made a reservation here because of their pet friendly policy. It was a good choice. The check in was quick and easy by a friendly young woman. Parking was very easy right in front. Our room was spacious, felt clean and was clean. The bed was actually very comfortable. The a/c unit was silent which allowed for an uninterrupted -much needed- sleep. The hotel offers free coffee in the room or in the lobby. There is a breakfast served early but we did not partake. We've stayed at other Best Westerns while traveling and this was by far one of the best. We would certainly stay there again next year on our journey south.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in the back over the pool which was fine given the time of year and lateness of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings and Happy Holidays,

On behalf of the staff and management team of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint, I want to thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review on our hotel. My team values your input and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

Our goal is to make each and every guest that chooses our hotel a member of our family and we want each guest to return to their "home" every time they visit our beautiful city. Knowing that we have fulfilled that goal with your stay is very rewarding for our team members.

We look forward to hosting you in the near future. We hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Your BEST WESTERN Southpoint Family