“2nd Time is the Charm!”

Ranked #55 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“2nd Time is the Charm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this Best Western a 2nd time.. My first time was not so great and I wrote a review about it.. But this time the hotel was one of the best I have stayed at all year and I want to note that!

The front desk staff are excellent and very friendly in a geniune way. When I checked in this time they had a local restaurant offer small samples of their fares. I found it very helpful and actually went to the restaurant that night for dinner.

My room was very clean, quiet and all was in working order. The breakfast in the morning is delicious and the staff very cheerful for early morning.

After my last stay and I filed a not so great reveiw.. the manager of the hotel personally called me and left a message of concern on my voicemail. He and I have never connected but I found his effort to be very professional and it shows in his staff and hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Good Day!

Please allow me to express my appreciation for having selected to stay with us again during your recent visit to Jacksonville.

It is most rewarding to know that we met and exceeded your expectations during this visit. We always want our guests to have a welcoming and pleasant experience. Each of our team members are dedication to our goal of leading the hospitality industry in superior customer care.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

With warm regards,
The Management Team and Staff of the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Burlington, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was recently traveling in the Jacksonville area and received a tip to stay at this location. It is located right off I95 and central to all the Jacksonville events, shopping, and beaches. There is a wonderful house of worship located right on the same road as well ( I don't usually remark on these but this one was notable for travelers to consider). The hotel staff were tops! Friendly, professional and my afternoon concierge gave me some of the best travel tips I have ever received. Rooms are cozy with a pool and sauna for relaxation times if you have any. Would stay here again if in the Jacksonville area.

Room Tip: ... well appointed room amenities and a wonderfully, friendly staff. I would definitely recommend st...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a great hotel for the money. For the family that is looking to save money, but yest have a nice place to stay in the Jacksonville area, this is it. It is located about 8 miles from the beach, and about 4 miles from many great places to eat. It is an easy drive to, and from the beach. The rooms were nice, and the breakfast very good. My daughter and I have stayed here many times. There are many other hotels around it but they are often twice the price of this one, and they are not any nicer.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the backside of the hotel as it is a little quieter there.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Greetings!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to compliment our hotel and our team! We sincerely appreciate the fact that our team made an impression on you! Our goal is to show our "I CARE" spirit to each and every guest and go above and beyond is providing for the comfort of you our guests.

I have noted you have stayed with us oftern and this is the most rewarding knowledge that we can receive; knowing that we are your choice of a hotel when in Jacksonville. Thank you for being a valued repeat client.

We look forward to your return! Please call me directly when you are headed back; it would be my pleasure to personally assist you with your reservations.

Warm regards,

Your BEST WESTERN Family Members
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

The gentleman at the front desk always goes out of his way to make you feel at home. Usually calls you by name when he gets to know you. He is very helpful with directions and nice places to eat. The rooms are always clean and the beds and pillows are great. The breakfast in the morning is always very good and the breakfast area is always very clean. I would love to see them install a waffle maker with the breakfast. We have used the pool and it was very refreshing. It is a great bargain , we usually stay here went we are visiting our granddaughter at UNF. This is an excellent and I highly reccommend the Best Western Hotel JTP/Southport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and absolutely loved it. The staff was extremely helpful, polite and a made my stay comfortable. They went above and beyond my expectation. The rooms were clean and well kept. It was a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling in that area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Good Day!

Please accept my thanks for expressing your comments about your wonderful stay with our hotel. Our staff members sincerely appreciate knowing that we have provided for an experience that is memorable to our guest. Your comfort is the most important thing to us and it is why each of us do what we do.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Kind regards...
Your BEST WESTERN Team in Jacksonville
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stay at this Best Western on a regular basis. The overall appearance of the hotel is extremely nice especially for the price. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Every room I have stayed in has been nice, clean with very comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet has a nice selection and is alway fresh and hot. This is an excellent value. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nalcrest Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were visiting Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and were very happy with the Best Western. It is right off the highway and not far from Mayo. I felt the security was good and the staff were very helpful and pleasant. The room was clean and well maintained. The breakfast was good and check out was quick. I had stayed there once before and would again. Got a great price on Priceline so it was a bargain. We were delayed so we were not able to use the weight room or pool but will the next time we are in Jacksonville

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple