“POOR QUALITY OF ROOM”

Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Ranked #72 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this Best Western on the southside of Jacksonville and had a bad experience of both my TV not working nor the lights in the bathroom.. I was in Room #517. The maintenance man was called and he was unable to fix the TV until I checked out and he supposedly fixed the bathroom lights but they worked for serveral minutes and then did not..

Other than these major maintenance issues the hotel is clean and quiet with a good location.. But the problems in this room need to be fixed if they expect to rent this room out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank phk123
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Greetings,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to contribute your thoughts about our hotel to TripAdvisor. We are continually working to provide the highest level of service along with an excellent value in Jacksonville lodging.

Please accpt my apologies for the maintenance issue you have outlined. We have just completed the purchase process for new 37" televisions which will bring us to the cutting edge of HDTV technology. These sets are set to deliver within the next few weeks and we know this will make a huge difference in our guest experience.

I so appreciate y our kind compliments regarding the cleanliness of our facility. Our team works very hard to provide for a clean and comfortable experience. I know that I speak for our team when I say that we are pleased that we have been able to provide you with this and have taken steps to insure that the problem you outlined does not occur in the future.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you and I encourage you to contact my office directly to allow me to personally assist you with reservations during your next visit.

Yours in hospitality,

The BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint Management Team Members

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Best Western in our town is brand new; we stay there just for fun. This property was not brand new; but it was just as nice as the one in our town. The staff was polite and helpful. The rooms, again, were not new; however the decor, the fixtures, etc were redone/replaced recently. The breakfast was awesome. The pool was big and clean. We researched alot of hotels in the area. This was the best deal; and it was a great stay on our way to cruise to the Bahamas. I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My experience with the Best Western JTB was excellent. The customer service was great, the breakfast was wonderful, and the rooms were super clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The motel was very clean and the service was great. However, I will probably not be coming back that way for a long time but if I ever did, I would definitely stay there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWesternJTB, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Good Day!

In this day and age, it is not often that people find time to reach out to others and left them know the "good" things they find in their travels!

I want to thank you for doing exactly that and letting my team here know that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. That is exactly our goal!

Should you find yourself back in the area, I do hope you will allow us the pleasure of staying with us!

Safe travels...

The Team at the BEST WESTERN Hotel JTB/Southpoint

Reviewed July 13, 2012

When arriving at the hotel was greeted with friendly faces and a nice snack. No sure if this a daily thing, but it was nice to have a snack after flying all day. During the course of the stay, never had one complaint. It was a nice visit and check out went quickly. Whenever I get a chance to return I will consider staying at this location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2012

From the moment I called for reservations, I was greeted by the friendly voice of
Toni at the reservation desk. Unpon arriving, I was greeted again, by Toni.
The room was one of the most cleanest " I have seen in awhile.

The entire staff was helpful and friendly, breakfast was wondeful.

KUDOS TO YOU AND THE STAFF. WE WILL SEE YOU IN OCTOBER.

Roberta and George Van Pelt

Room Tip: Higher floor over looking pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My experiences at almost all Best Westerns have excellent but I must say that the Best Western JTB was outstanding. Everyone from the front desk clerks to the maintenance people were friendly, outgoing, and helpful.

Room Tip: I wouldn't suggest rooms near an elevator but that's pretty much common knowledge.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Greetings!

Please allow me to express my appreciation for taking the time to complete a review about our hotel. I sincerely thank you for expressing such kind comments about our staff and our property. Our team here takes great pride in our facility and in provide exceptional customer care.

We hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the future; it would be our pleasure to be of service.

Wishing you safe travels in your future journeys,
Your Best Western Southpoint Family